YA Book Club Not Just For Teens! discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
We do have challenges going on and extra points are added for those that join unders someone's recommendation. So if you joined becuase someone here invited you, please let me know so I can give points to the person who got you here.Thanks

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Kellee invited me and I joined :)

message 3: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) I invited some of the best Goodreaders I know out there to join :) They are good at discussing and livening things up :)

message 4: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) AngelaSunshine wrote: "Kellee invited me and I joined :)"

Angela, I am so glad you decided to join. The points are just a plus to having you here :)

message 5: by JennRenee (new)

Wow Kellee, you are quite the recruiter! awesome! Do you know if any of the others that recently joined are from your invites?

And Angela, the points are just a plus. We love new members that like to join in and liven this place up. Feel free to invite some you know too!

message 6: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Jennifer wrote: "Wow Kellee, you are quite the recruiter! awesome! Do you know if any of the others that recently joined are from your invites?

And Angela, the points are just a plus. We love new members that li..."

I'll let you know. :) The points really are just a plus. Not important :)
I really liked what you are trying to do with this group, so I thought some of my great Goodreads friends would enjoy it as well.

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Kellee invited me also :)

message 8: by JennRenee (new)

Great thanks for letting me know! The more the merrier! I would like this to become a great active group.I seem to spend more time on Goodreads then I do my facebook.:)

message 9: by Vicki (last edited Nov 06, 2010 04:21PM) (new)

Vicki Oh I definitely spend more time on Goodreads than facebook. I look forward to being part of the group as it grows.

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (alysssareads) I came across this group accidentally. YA novels are a huge soft spot of mine. When I saw y'all were reading a John Green book I just had to join.

message 11: by Liz (new)

Liz (thatswhatlizread) Hey everyone! I'm Liz. I'm a new member of this group. I'm 22 and I LOVE YA books. I don't really I'll ever stop loving them, so this group is perfect for me! I recently started a YA book blog. Still trying to gain more followers, so if you want to visit my blog (and maybe even become a follower) I'd really appreciate it!

http://thatswhatlizread.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Hi, I'm Erin and I just joind this group. I'm 29 and really enjoy reading YA books. I've recently just come back to reading books after a very long break so I will have a lot to read to catch up to everyone.

message 13: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome guys! I am glad you joined us and hope you like it here. We are still small and trying to grow and become more active. WE have pools up to vote for both the monthly read and the group series read. We also have monthly challenges and yearly challenges, please feel free to join in!

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda Ash | 7 comments Hi! I'm Linda and I just joined! I'm new to Goodreads and I'm still figuring it all out, but I'm glad I found this group. I love YA!

message 15: by JennRenee (new)

WElcome Linda. I hope you enjoy our group!

message 16: by Renee (new)

Renee (rlanto) | 3 comments Hey everyone, found this group after looking for a home with my reading habits. :D Thought I would say hi after adding my 2 knuts over on the 50 states page. Whoops!

message 17: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome! I hope you have a lot of fun with this group!

message 18: by K.C. (new)

K.C. Neal (kcneal) | 16 comments Hi there, I'm Kate and I just joined the group. I'm an adult and I love YA books, hee! It's funny, for a long time I considered my YA reads a diversion, you know, the books I read in between the "real" books on my reading list. But the thing is, the YA viewpoint just makes for some really great stories and there are some amazing YA authors out there.

Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

message 19: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) Kate wrote: "Hi there, I'm Kate and I just joined the group. I'm an adult and I love YA books, hee! It's funny, for a long time I considered my YA reads a diversion, you know, the books I read in between the "r..."

Hi Kate! Welcome to the group! I joined recently, as well. My best to you as you find some great discussions and wonderful new friends!

~Gale

message 20: by Kellee (new)

Kellee Moye (kelleemoye) Welcome everyone!!
Check out all of the challenges- they are so much fun!

:)

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments Hi all, I'm Katie. New to Goodread.

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments Kate wrote: "Hi there, I'm Kate and I just joined the group. I'm an adult and I love YA books, hee! It's funny, for a long time I considered my YA reads a diversion, you know, the books I read in between the "r..."

I know what you mean, i felt the same way about all my YA reads

message 23: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) Hi Katie, welcome to the group! Happy Reading!

~Gale

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments Gale wrote: "Hi Katie, welcome to the group! Happy Reading!

~Gale"

Thank you

message 25: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome!

message 26: by ♥ Amber ♥ (new)

♥ Amber ♥  (isabellarose) | 2 comments Hi I'm Amber! I am a total book JUNKIE! I love PNR and YA books! I've read Vampire Academy, Mortal Instruments, Wicked Lovely, Hunger Games, Fever series, and TONS more! This group seems really great and I'm glad to be here! I love groups and book discussion. Especially people with the same interests as me! I'm not the only adult who loves YA! lol! Here is another really cool group site for PNR, UF, and YA too if you want to check it out!

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/4...

Well glad to meet you all and happy reading!! :) :)

message 27: by JennRenee (new)

welcome! sounds like you will fit right in here. My favorite are YA paranormal book however lately I found I really like Historical fiction too. I hae read the series you posted in fact Wicked Lovely is one of my most favorite.

message 28: by Memrie (last edited Feb 26, 2011 06:48PM) (new)

Memrie | 30 comments Hi everyone, I'm Memrie and I joined Goodreads last month. I'm 22 years old and pretty much will read anything. I stumbled upon this group when I was looking at one of my friends profiles. :)

My Book Giveaways
Feb. 17 - April 1
Vampire Kisses The Beginning (Vampire Kisses, #1-3) by Ellen Schreiber
www.darkangel88.com

message 29: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome Memrie! Thanks for joining.

message 30: by Dorina (new)

Dorina Stanciu (cinderelle) | 6 comments Hello everyone! I'm Dorina and I just joined Goodreads a few days ago.I like YA books and I recently published my first romantic suspense "The girl of Dracula".You're welcome to take a look at my writing as I posted almost an entire chapter from my book.My best wishes to everyone here.

message 31: by Niven (new)

Niven | 12 comments Hi! My name is Niven and I love reading YA books. I've just finished my BA and in one of my classes, some women and I were discussing the lack of YA book clubs for adults, so we are starting our own. I stumbled onto goodreads.com by pure luck and then found your group. I'm excited to read some reviews and discuss books. One of my favorite series is The Mortal Instruments as well as The Hunger Games.

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments Hi Niven, welcome!

message 33: by Hilary (new)

Hilary Graham (hilaryweismangraham) | 1 comments Hi everyone. I'm Hilary Weisman Graham & I'm new to this group. I'm also the author of the forthcoming YA novel, REUNITED (Simon & Schuster, June, 2012)

The tag-line for the book is:

1 concert
2,000 miles
3 Ex-best friends

Here's the link to REUNITED's Goodreads page.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/85...

My twitter name is: @HilaryGraham

So glad to "meet" you all! Now, it's off to finish my rewrites! ;)

HilaryReunited

message 34: by Karmen (new)

Karmen (karmencollective) Hi Everyone! i joined the group this weekend and just got the chance to look around and introduce myself. I am karmen and love YA. I love dance, cooking/baking and music of all genres. I hope to make some new friends who share the same interests as I.

@Hilary above- Reunited sounds intriguing, looking forward to it!

message 35: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome Karmen, Dorina, Hilary, and Niven!

message 36: by Dorina (new)

Dorina Stanciu (cinderelle) | 6 comments thanks Jenn Renee!

message 37: by Katie (new)

Katie | 17 comments Hi everyone

message 38: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Seewald (jacquelineseewald) | 43 comments Hi, everyone,

Nice to meet you! My name is Jacqueline Seewald.
I'm the author of a new YA novel entitled STACY'S SONG. I've taught high school English as well as writing courses at the university level. I've also worked as both an academic and school librarian.
My two sons who were teenagers at the time collaborated on a teenage mystery with me some years
ago. I enjoy both reading and writing YA fiction.

message 39: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome Katie and Jacqueline!

message 40: by Heather (new)

Heather (twilightsedge) | 2 comments Hello everyone! I just came across your group and joined. it sounds perfect for me. I'm 31 but, can't help love YA Paranormal. Please add me as a friend. I would love to have some people with the same interests to share book recommendations with.

message 41: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome Heather! I hope you find us the right home for you!

message 42: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Seewald (jacquelineseewald) | 43 comments Thanks for the welcome!

Jacqueline Seewald
STACY'S SONG, a YA coming of age novel

message 43: by Samie (new)

Samie | 4 comments Hey everyone! I'm new to the group, but not to goodreads. I've had one for a while, just to keep track of what I've read and want to read, but recently I decided to get more involved with the site and I found this group which seemed perfect for me because I love YA. My sister always asks when I actually read books with "literary merit", so I'm happy to find people who still think YA is good.

message 44: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome Samie!

message 45: by Harsha (new)

Harsha Sanyukta | 2 comments hey! I am Harsha. i have recently joined goodreads .I really like YA books. reading books is a passion to me and I would like to have people with same interest in my friends circle. so if you enjoy reading YA books and (classics too ) then add me as a friend.
and this group is really awesome!!! :D

message 46: by JennRenee (new)

Welcome Harsha!

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_santoro) | 1 comments hello! goodreads has become an addiction of mine.. my husband calls me insane for reading so many books and this site is helping me keep track of what i have and have not read. FINALLY. i don't mind if people add me n want to talk about books :)

message 48: by JennRenee (new)

welcome Sarah, we are excited to have another addict in the group.

message 49: by Casey (new)

Casey (caey) | 6 comments Hi all! I am new to goodreads, just discovered it and think it is awesome! I'm in my mid twenties and have recently become addicted to reading paranormal romance, urban fantasy, etc. (mainly YA) but since none of my friends are really into reading these types of books, I have nobody to talk to, gush about, or obsess over these stories with! I'd love to join in on some discussions, get some good books recos, etc. Thanks! PS, friend me if you have any interest in starting a discussion about Lauren Oliver's Delerium. This is by far my favorite book so far from this genre (I thought it was amazing, disturbing, beautiful!!!) and I'm very curious to hear what other people think about it. Thanks!

Read for your future! (readforyourfuture) | 10 comments Hi I'm Lora and I am Goodreadsalic! I am addicted to it and the discussions and the people are awesome. You can email me if you want and be my friends. I love to discuss books. I havent read Delirium by I am an advocate for my school I recieve books from authors and review them and then Donate them to the Middletown High school Library. Lauren Oliver just wrote me and offered a Delirioum book to us. I am reading WITHER and OMG its so awesome I cant put it down. It is awesome. I am 43 but i only read YA. The sex is minimul and the stories are awesome. Anyway Welcome to the Goodreads it is addictive.

« previous 1 3