Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

What are your weekend plans?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annika (new)

Annika What are you up to this weekend?

message 2: by Annika (new)

Annika We are having incredibly beautiful weather in CO this weekend. We're actually going to be close to 80 and then we're supposed to get snow by the end of the week:) We don't have big plans this weekend which is so nice. I think we'll work in the yard, play with the wild nippy puppy and go to my son's basketball game:) My daughter came home early from her field trip yesterday not feeling well, so she's laying low.

message 3: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) I have to bake a white chocolate-raspberry cheesecake for a student's birthday (she's adopted me) and get ready to leave for our trip next Friday. Hopefully fit in some reading. It's lovely here, too.

message 4: by Annika (new)

Annika Oh, that sounds delicious! Where are you going on your trip?

message 5: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) Hawaii....Oahu first and then Maui. I've never been. Leave on Friday, 11/12, and return on Sunday, 11/21.

message 6: by Annika (new)

Annika Sounds fabulous! Have a GREAT time!

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I want to go to Hawaii...Lucky!

I made a white choc/rasp cheesecake once. 1/2 white choc & 1/2 rasp w/a chocolate crust. That sounds so good right now. I have to hold off on baking for a week or so because we have SO MUCH Halloween candy around.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) I'm helping my parents pack up their kitchen. They just moved this past June and now are having major renovations done on the new house - kitchen is going to be torn up starting on Monday.

Can I just say that I HATE packing! lol

Jenn

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Laurel wrote: "Hawaii....Oahu first and then Maui. I've never been. Leave on Friday, 11/12, and return on Sunday, 11/21."

I am so, so jealous, Laurel! Hawaii is one of the places that I have on my must-visit list. I hope you have a lovely time. Do you have the theme song playing in your head?

message 10: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Having a small party to celebrate a big birthday for my husband. Our son is home from college for the weekend, too. And I'm doing lots of grading.

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Annika wrote: "What are you up to this weekend?"
Thanks for starting this thread! I thought about this for a few day, but I couldn't think of a good topic.

Hmm. We went to a Christmas Bazaar and did some shopping. My father-in-law is in the hospital, so we are spending time with him.
Also, I have a few essays to review.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Laurel wrote: "Hawaii....Oahu first and then Maui. I've never been. Leave on Friday, 11/12, and return on Sunday, 11/21."

Have a wonderful time, and take lots of pictures. Lucky you.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments Went to see Secretariat yesterday and then to dinner. Enjoy the warm weather...I think winter is coming early this year in Buffalo, it's been very cold this week.

message 14: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) Mark and I were just saying last night that we're afraid this unseasonal November weather in Minnesota might mean a very long and extremely cold winter.

message 15: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) A Christmas Bazaar sounds fun. I went to Arbor Lakes yesterday to Trader Joe's and there were many groups of women with hands filled with shopping bags. I thought "Christmas shopping." It looked liked they were enjoying themselves.

I hope your father-in-law is OK.

message 16: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) Stacey wrote: "I want to go to Hawaii...Lucky!

I made a white choc/rasp cheesecake once. 1/2 white choc & 1/2 rasp w/a chocolate crust. That sounds so good right now. I have to hold off on baking for a week or..."

This one calls for a graham cracker crust with chopped almonds in it. It's a Sara Moulton one I found online. I think it needs something on top though because otherwise it will be too plain. Thinking of melting some seedless raspberry jam and drizzling it on top and then shaving some white chocolate over it. What do you think?

message 17: by Annika (new)

Annika Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope he's doing better.

message 18: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I am heading out today to go fabric shopping with my BFF and then heading over to see our other BFF and her baby!

message 19: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Laurel wrote: "Stacey wrote: "I want to go to Hawaii...Lucky!

I made a white choc/rasp cheesecake once. 1/2 white choc & 1/2 rasp w/a chocolate crust. That sounds so good right now. I have to hold off on bakin..."

Laurel, that sounds perfect!