Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > NBC Cancels Undercovers!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) In case everyone hasn't heard:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/04/...

Best Wishes!

message 2: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2003 comments Mod
Mama nooooo!!!!

Oh well. Enjoyed it while it lasted. :-(

Once Nikita changes to Gossip Girl with Guns I'll be back to BBC (hopefully just in time for Being Human)!

message 3: by Arch , Mod (last edited Nov 06, 2010 09:48AM) (new)

Arch  | 6622 comments Mod
Undercovers should have been on TVOne, BET or USA. It probably would have survived then.

NBC brings on shows that they know will get cancelled and it's sad that the actors think their show will survive. They had Boris or whatever his name is speaking about the show last month, saying how it was doing great and it wasn't getting cancelled. Poor him, I know he has to feel bad. The show has gotten cancelled.

They should of have it on BBCA as well. Throw some British actors in there and it probably would have lived.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I'm not surprised. It's sad, though. I liked the show.

message 5: by Trenice (new)

Trenice I don't know what's wrong with NBC. There was a show, "TRAUMA" last year. I never missed an episode because I taped it. "TRAUMA ran the same time slot as "24" on FOX. Had those idiots recognized they were in the wrong time slot, I could still be watching my show!

To make matters worse, last year was "24's last season! "TRAUMA" could be the reigning 9 PM show right now. ~sigh~

message 6: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) I told you guys I had a feeling this wouldn't last before it aired. It shouldn't have ever been on NBC. I think another network would have been better. I wouldn't want it on BET (that sad excuse for a network). But TV ONE, USA or some other cable network would be good if they gave it a chance.

I tried to support it and watched it up until about three weeks ago. It was too boring and didn't hold me. I have nothing against the actors but I didn't buy them as spies, please. I just didn't. The show just didn't hold me. Also it's basketball season so that's one reason I haven't been watching it the last few weeks.

Overall I'd give it a D. It could be a good show but the acting wasn't that great and if they had stronger leads, I think it would have done better. Boris and Gugu cannot act. I never paid Boris much attention but I have seen him in movies and he doesn't do a thing for me. You gotta have some compelling folks on a show to have me watch. I don't care if it's blacks or not, just have good characters and make it interesting.

But for those fans of it, it might get picked up.

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Boris don't do a thing for me as well. I have said BET, because it's a black station and a lot of black people watch that station. I don't watch BET. I may stop on it on a Sunday morning, if I am flipping the channel and see a gospel artist, who music I like talking on it. Other than that, I don't watch the channel and I haven't flipped to it on a Sunday in a very long time.

NBC is not a place to shop for your show. USA is a better place. USA don't have a black lead show on. I think that it could use something like that. A good show. Not a boring show though.

I'm glad that Psych was a USA show and not NBC, because it would have gotten cancelled on NBC. It has been picked up for it's 6th season. New episodes starts November 10. I can't wait.

message 8: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2003 comments Mod
I think this will be the last time we see AA or minority leads in such a role like this on tv, to be honest. With the way things are going country-wise and tv wise, it's bound to go the way of the way George Lopez alluded to when his show was canceled. It may not have been the best and even though I expected more post Alias, I did think it was a fun show and a breath of fresh air from all the angst ridden melodramas that fill up the stations and shallow comedies.

I agree with Arch about NBC axing shows they know won't last and the fact that it should have been on BBC. I'd love to see a Brit version of the show. Then we won't have complaints of the leads not being real black Americans or some nonsense like that.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

From what I can see BBCA don't treat blacks like American do.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I liked both of the actors. I just don't do well following most shows. I have to say that most networks don't give shows enough time to find their feet or audience. I liked that they weren't stereotypical, and they seemed to be working on their marriage, but also doing their part to make the world a better place (I'm old fashioned that way).