THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - Fun Stuff > OUR BEST FRIENDS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 179 (179 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB (last edited Nov 06, 2010 03:57PM) (new)

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
As we are more a community then simply a book club- I thought it would be fun to have a place to post pics of our pets (animal companions) as they are as important to many as ...well books- even more important- members of our family!!!- I will start with a pic of my best bud- my Schnauzer, Velvet..

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/128...

message 2: by Bill (new)

Bill | 435 comments Wonderful picture. We also have schnauzers, well, one now. This is Nikki.

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/4...

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather | 67 comments Rick, how do you add a picture? I have Mathilda's picture to put up..

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill | 435 comments Heather wrote: "Rick, how do you add a picture? I have Mathilda's picture to put up.."

If you upload the picture to your profile, then open it as a separate window, just cut and paste that url into your comment. Hope I explained that ok

Heather wrote: "Rick, how do you add a picture? I have Mathilda's picture to put up.."

Bill wrote: "Wonderful picture. We also have schnauzers, well, one now. This is Nikki.

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/4..."

I hope Bill explained right- took me about half an hour- finally added it to james mason photo section-

thanks Bill- love your pic too!!

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) I have an 11 year old Golden Retriever named Duchess who is probably one of the biggest babies I have ever met. She's just an overral sweety. Then I have a 4 year old Ragdoll cat, Maximus, named after the Glaidtor movie. He has enough personalities and quirks to keep us all enteratained.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 67 comments Yeah, it sounds simple but knowing me. I'll see what I can do..

Ottilie wrote: "I have an 11 year old Golden Retriever named Duchess who is probably one of the biggest babies I have ever met. She's just an overral sweety. Then I have a 4 year old Ragdoll cat, Maximus, named ..."

sounds like the perfect combo- pets make our lives in these trying times so much more "simple"

Heather wrote: "Yeah, it sounds simple but knowing me. I'll see what I can do.."

heather- email me the pic of your pet and I will do all I can to post it here

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny I have a black lab mix, Angus, who will be 15 in April, and a greyhound mix, Sasha, who will be 12 in January. We joke that we run a geriatric home for dogs...

message 11: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I didn't have much luck uploading the photographs.......we have an inside cat named Wheezer Mae; a black Lab named Clifford Lee Thorndyke; an Australian Cattle Dog named Down Under Aussie; and her pup named Queensland Leonard. We have lots of land and a pond so the dogs have plenty of room to roam and follow their heritage of herding and plunging into the water!!!!

Anyone who has trouble uploading pics- can email me the pics and I will do my best to post at least a link to your pet's pics and list your name as the sender
Rick

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissieb7) | 52 comments We just adopted a sweet 4 month old kitten named Licorice! She is our sweet baby girl!

< img src="http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/128...

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather | 67 comments Rick, I'll go a head and do just that!

Melissa, what a beautiful kitty!! Oh, she would have given my Elvis a run for his money..

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Atkinson (darkened_angel) Melissa, she is adorable. I have a black kitten with white feet called Thor.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (lissieb7) | 52 comments Thank you. I happen to think she's just precious. We adopted her on Halloween Day. We thought that she was just perfect and simply had to bring her home.

Melissa wrote: "Thank you. I happen to think she's just precious. We adopted her on Halloween Day. We thought that she was just perfect and simply had to bring her home."

wonderful pic!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) Melissa wrote: "We just adopted a sweet 4 month old kitten named Licorice! She is our sweet baby girl!

"

What an absolute doll baby.....great name too.

message 19: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) What an adorable kitty!
I have an Irish setter that is just the joy of our family! He is a nut!(in a good way).

message 20: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Pilgrim (oldgeezer) | 145 comments Hi, we are a cat owned household, our two ginger and white boys, Zebadee and Asbo, the names should give you a clue, Muppet, twinkletoes etc some are ours others invite themselves for 'tea'. You've got to love them!
All the best Paul Rix [oldgeezer]

Timothy wrote: "Hi, we are a cat owned household, our two ginger and white boys, Zebadee and Asbo, the names should give you a clue, Muppet, twinkletoes etc some are ours others invite themselves for 'tea'. You've..."

"we are a cat owned household"-------WHAT A GREAT OPENING LINE!!!

Lisa wrote: "What an adorable kitty!
I have an Irish setter that is just the joy of our family! He is a nut!(in a good way).

http://photo.goodreads.com/photos/128..."

love the pic! WHATS A BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!!

message 23: by L' (new)

L' Te | 10 comments Cat owned ... True indeed! "Dogs have owners, Cats have staff." ...

I currently maintain the household for two cats. Both were feral. My big boy - "Romeo", was rescued when I had lived in Maine. Himself was a physical mess, but today he is a properly spoiled Maine Coon -- blind in one eye, but still gorgeous and conceited.

My second rescue -- "Angel" Dumott Schunard, is a sweet little tabby that I extracted from a feral colony in Rhode Island. Together they could probably head their own mafia, but as I am only the staff, I have little say in the matter.

"Dogs have owners, Cats have staff." ...
I love it!!

message 25: by Heather (new)

Heather | 67 comments LOL, oh very true! Mathilda will stretch out and then hook her claws into my leg if I am not getting up fast enough to feed her!

message 26: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Alley (traceya) I adore my fur people - have a Keeshond named Shayla who's nearly 5, she's adorable and a black and white cat called Jazz who just had a litter of kittens. She had five and I've found homes for all of them - three to friends and two to me, I love my kitties.

Tracey wrote: "I adore my fur people - have a Keeshond named Shayla who's nearly 5, she's adorable and a black and white cat called Jazz who just had a litter of kittens. She had five and I've found homes for al..."

love the name Jazz!! have you named the kittens?

message 28: by Jotale (new)

Jotale (aiustis) | 29 comments I have a cat named Kitty Kitty and she's brilliant and toilet trained. I also have four degus named: Mogwai, Dippy, Betty White and one who doesn't have a name yet.

message 29: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) Love the name Betty White!!

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) @L'...I love that saying. And it is so true!

My family (not counting the husband and kids)includes 2 dogs. A large pound-puppy that is approx 11 years old and a 16 year old Italian Greyhound. She can't see or hear very well anymore but is still doing good.

Also 6 cats and anywhere from 100-200 finches at any given time.

Suzy wrote: "@L'...I love that saying. And it is so true!

My family (not counting the husband and kids)includes 2 dogs. A large pound-puppy that is approx 11 years old and a 16 year old Italian Greyhound. Sh..."

wow!! do you have any family member who is the designated "finch counter"?

Suzy wrote: "@L'...I love that saying. And it is so true!

My family (not counting the husband and kids)includes 2 dogs. A large pound-puppy that is approx 11 years old and a 16 year old Italian Greyhound. Sh..."

16! I bet she is still a sweetheart!!

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) Thanks Rick. She is!!

message 34: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) We just acquired a kitten four months ago. He is a boy and he likes to get into the tub and drink from the drain. He is adorable, he is either cuddled up in my lap or busy gnawing on people, their ankles, and arms. Whatever is available at the time.

Robin wrote: "We just acquired a kitten four months ago. He is a boy and he likes to get into the tub and drink from the drain. He is adorable, he is either cuddled up in my lap or busy gnawing on people, their..."

ah nice!

message 36: by Barbara (last edited Jan 30, 2011 07:42AM) (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 4912 comments Mod
This is my dog Gen. She was a rescue dog from the animal shelter. She's very laid back and good-natured...and she could sleep all day.

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2...#

Barbara wrote: "This is my dog Gen. She was a rescue dog from the animal shelter. She's very laid back and good-natured...and she could sleep all day.

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2......"

what a beautiful dog!!!

message 38: by Bill (new)

Bill | 435 comments Barbara wrote: "This is my dog Gen. She was a rescue dog from the animal shelter. She's very laid back and good-natured...and she could sleep all day.

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2......"

Lovely dog, Barbara.

message 39: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (cinnabarb) | 4912 comments Mod
This is a fun thread....I'm enjoying the pics and anecdotes about the pets of my reading buddies. The photos are all so cute!

I showed you my dog; now here's my cat. She was a rescue animal as well. Her name is Puff and she loves to sleep with her head on my computer keyboard, especially when I'm using it :)

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2...

message 40: by Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB (last edited Jan 30, 2011 10:04AM) (new)

Barbara wrote: "This is a fun thread....I'm enjoying the pics and anecdotes about the pets of my reading buddies. The photos are all so cute!

I showed you my dog; now here's my cat. She was a rescue animal as w..."

what a wonderful picture!!! I love her silky silver/gray color!! and so wonderfulthat both are rescues!! you make James Mason proud!! he was a very dedicated cat lover- had about 10-15 at a time!
here is 2 of many cat pics he had taken

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/8335...

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7r...

message 41: by Hélène (new)

Hélène (hlneb) My new roommate is called Tacite, like the Roman historian. I welcomed him after his mother disappeared and left him in my closed garden. I studied Ancient Greece at the university but, really, Thucydides or Herodotus while calling a kitten... Plus, he was particularly vocal after his mother went away ! I hoped it would encourage him to behave.

I like this shot, so like the one I chose for my profile page. Sure enough, I couldn't have called him Sir Hilary !

Hélène wrote: "My new roommate is called Tacite, like the Roman historian. I welcomed him after his mother disappeared and left him in my closed garden. I studied Ancient Greece at the university but, really, Thu..."

Priceless!!! just Priceless!! love the black cat in the left corner too!!
have you looked at James mason and his cats- pics above, Helene?

message 43: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) I have a kitten who thinks he is a dog, he chases his tail round and round. He also looks out the door like a watch dog. At night he prances and gallops down the hall like a runaway horse. He is funny to watch. His name is Neechee.

Robin wrote: "I have a kitten who thinks he is a dog, he chases his tail round and round. He also looks out the door like a watch dog. At night he prances and gallops down the hall like a runaway horse. He is ..."

Neechee- lovely name- how did you come up with it, Robin?

message 45: by Robin (last edited Jan 30, 2011 03:38PM) (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) It is my daughter's cat she liked the name, I call him Boy. He is in here now with me. He is a lap cat also.

Robin wrote: "It is my daughter's cat she liked the name, I call him Boy. He is in here now with me. He is a lap cat also."

wonderful!!! my Velvet(Schnauzer) is with me now- it's like having Gabby Hayes staring at you!

message 47: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) yes, they are fun aren't they. we used to just have goldfish awhile back.

message 48: by C.nick (new)

C.nick (cnick) | 26 comments I have a corgi that I used to do dog agility with:

description

I keep meaning to find an newer picture of him, ah well.

message 49: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) I don't have a picture of my kitten. He is now almost 5 months old.

C.nick wrote: "I have a corgi that I used to do dog agility with:

I keep meaning to find an newer picture of him, ah well."

wonderful pic- VERY cute pooch!!!

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bolt Action (other topics)