The Official Mortal Instruments Roleplay discussion

The Plot

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So I know this is a role-play, and we're kind of supposed to take it as it comes--but since the main part of it is actually based off an entire series, I was wondering like what the main conflict of this was going to be?

I don't think it would be much fun doing random babbling :| Even if it's just a small detail, I like having some sense of direction in which I'm going to lead my character(s). Any ideas?

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 30 comments We're looking for a teacher that ends up trying to get rid of us because he's a Puriest and we have aqaintenses with the Vampires, so we get into afight as he tries to run us around the world while we battle downworlders?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

What's a Puriest? and i think thats a good idea, but can you clarify a little more? I'm kinda confused, haha.

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 30 comments A Puriest is what I call a person in TMI that hates downworlders. Like Valantine.
Thanks, basicly they fight another person that wants nothing but to kill them and the vampires they associate with.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Can I come in?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh! So we associate with Vampires? and the Puriest hates and basically wants us all dead? I like it! And how about he and his "Group" are like killing off a bunch of Shadowhunters/Faeries/Vampires, etc.

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 30 comments Brilliant! Oh, and maybe he hates us to because of a personal vendeta with some of us? And he's insane and thinks that by killing downworlders and us, he will set the Earth in balance because he has a god-complex?

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ What if the Shadow Hunters are split into two groups? The ones who hate them and the ones who don't believe all of them are bad.

message 9: by ♪Chloe , Rockin' this world. (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 146 comments Mod
Girl on Fire wrote: "Ooh! So we associate with Vampires? and the Puriest hates and basically wants us all dead? I like it! And how about he and his "Group" are like killing off a bunch of Shadowhunters/Faeries/Vampires..."

Ooo, good idea!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ wrote: "What if the Shadow Hunters are split into two groups? The ones who hate them and the ones who don't believe all of them are bad."

Like...some Shadowhunters are actually bad?

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Yeah.

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 30 comments Okay so it's:
As our group adjusts to New York, strange events start happing. One day when they get back to the instute from a trip to the Vampires, they realise they have made a powerful enemy; a Purist who wants noting but the downfall of Downworlders and their supporters. Fueled by demise, and seperated by beliefs, they are divided into two sides; Downworlder friends, and enimies. They must keep from being killed by Purist, Downworlders, and even themselfs....

did i do good?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Very nice!

And we could always add random, dark twisting turns every now and then. Oh, the things we could do. :)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ I think so. Anyone else?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Er...maybe someone could make a Shadowhunter character who could be "The Betrayer" in the Institute.

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 30 comments Girl on Fire wrote: "Very nice!

And we could always add random, dark twisting turns every now and then. Oh, the things we could do. :)"

Thanks. Give me a blank canvas, ill pull out a pen and start written!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

*hands blank canvas* Get a move on :D

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ like a person pretraying the institute by accident.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I was thinking more purposefully betraying, but that works too :)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ yeah, like they thought they were doing the right thing when it actaully helped the others instead

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

haha gotcha

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ emily*the ninja* wrote: "betraying?"

yeah, sorry

emily*the ninja queen of implication* (THENINJA) | 30 comments ....then suddenly ninjas......

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Because you gotta have ninjas, right? :)

message 26: by ♪Chloe , Rockin' this world. (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 146 comments Mod
Haha.
Definitely.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Are you all seriouse? lol

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't think so, but I was just going with it :P. Besides, who doesn't love ninjas? :)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ Samarias?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha! That's great :).

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Aahh...guys ninjas are cool and all but I dont think they work well for the roleplay (:

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I don't remember reading any ninjas, but I thought it was funny :).

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Ninjas are funny :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I ended up making a vampire because I didn't see too many Downworlders, and I figured they needed representation, too :P.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Good idea! I'm sure too when more people start to join it'll pick up.

message 36: by Rex (new)

Rex  I thought of a cool idea.

Valentine is dead now, but I'm sure he had many followers. So what if he had a very, very devoted follower of Valentine refuses to let go of his idea? But he's not as smart or well equipped as Valentine so he's just killing off weaker Downworlders. Basically he's a rouge shadowhunter turned serial killer.

And my character, as a Downworlder, is worried about this. So she comes and asks a the shadowhunters for help to track down this serial killer.

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin (b-ballin) | 50 comments I like it!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Rex (new)

Rex  HOLY SHIT!

What if it's Sebastian who is the villain?!

(Cause you know, he's suppose to be dead, but they never found his body.)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I like that a lot. It's something I've thought about for a while. Since they never found a body, my default position is that he's still alive.

And he was quite devoted.

Gah, I need to create a Shadowhunter character. My vampire is just standing alone in the woods doing nothing :P.

message 40: by ♪Chloe , Rockin' this world. (new)

Agent Six wrote: "HOLY SHIT!

What if it's Sebastian who is the villain?!

(Cause you know, he's suppose to be dead, but they never found his body.)"

That is an awesome idea.
We should have Sebastian as the new Valentine.

message 41: by Rex (new)

Rex  Meh. I plan on sort of making him like that, but I imagine Sebastian, well "Jonathan Christopher", is a bot too crazed/disorganized/young to reach Valentine's status. Jonathan will be more like the Jack Ripper of the Downworld. Notorious, but not as powerful as Valentine.

message 42: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell | 9 comments YOU GUYS are amazing. This is a brilliant idea!
I will make a character ASAP!

The betrayer... I already have ideas. :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

You know, I was going to volunteer to be the betrayer, but I wasn't sure how well the idea would go over.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

It'll all play out. (:

message 45: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell | 9 comments That's why I didn't outright volunteer.

You should take it ^.^ You've been here much longer and you were part of the actual plotting.
Were you thinking of making a guy or girl? Would there be one or more betrayers?

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I think there's going to be multiple, too. Like followers of Valentine, so there could be many.

message 47: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell | 9 comments WHAT IF?

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin (b-ballin) | 50 comments What if what?

message 49: by Lunabell (new)

Lunabell | 9 comments If there were more than one?

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

*gasp*

« previous 1