College Students! discussion

music, movies, tv, etc. > Sister Wives

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
Does anybody watch this on TLC? It looked interesting and I've watching it ever since. It's about a polygamist family and I'm just so into it because I love learning about things I know nothing about! It's interesting to see how their family functions as it is so very different from my own.

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 604 comments I remember seeing the previews for this. It looks interesting...and funny! I loved when one of the wives, in response to the question on how she felt when her husband leaves to be with one of the other wives and she knows they're having sex, and she just says "Well gosh darnit, they better." The way she says it and the look she gives is so awesome.

I have to see this show!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I've never heard of this show. It sounds interesting. When is it usually on?

message 4: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Haha Kayla I remember that preview for it! It's really good. I have to admit..I always felt a little bit wierded out about that kind of lifestyle. I think mostly because everything I had ever seen had been on the news and it was like those really crazy polygamist churches and stuff. It's really nice to see how normal these people are and to learn about them. While I know the lifestyle wouldn't be for me, I'm happy to have my perceptions changed.

Jen--I don't know when it is generally on. I typically watch it on demand or randomly it comes on as a re-run. It's so good though!

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I just looked and there are two episodes on demand. I'll have to watch it later.

message 6: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Doooo it! :)

message 7: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Oh no..I just remembered. The two On Demand are the last two episodes of the season. The earlier ones are the best!

message 8: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) I caught a few episodes during a marathon and have been hooked ever since! I find it fascinating to find out more about a world I knew nothing about, and I really like how the family is portrayed as seemingly normal -- a good change from all the negative media polygamist families have received in the past.

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I finally watched the two episodes that were On Demand. They were the episodes about the wedding. The show was so interesting! I can't imagine living like that.