Anime/Manga Couples discussion

Manga Series > Yumeiro Patissiere

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 226 comments Mod
I've been watching the anime online (because it is the only way I can watch it since it isn't out here in the U.S.) since it began. I really can't wait to watch the second season since I'm only on the first season right now.

WIKIPEDIA:
14-year-old Ichigo Amano is incredibly clumsy and can't seem to do anything right besides eating cakes. When she stumbles upon a Sweets Festival, she meets Henri-sensei who acknowledges her ability of taste and invites her to transfer to St. Marie Academy to become a pâtissière. Ichigo has trouble adjusting initially, but with the help of the 3 Sweets Princes and the Sweets Spirits, she gains the confidence and skill to work towards becoming a pâtissière.

Two years after studying in Paris, the 16-year-old Ichigo now returns to Japan as a professional pâtissière. But as soon as she returns, Ichigo finds Team Ichigo breaking up. The Sweets Princes, Hanabusa and Andou, take long absences from school to work for their dreams, leaving only Ichigo and Kashino - who has skipped a grade, having the top grades. But soon, a 'new' Team Ichigo is formed by Henri-"sensei" for the project. The team includes, Lemon, Johnny, Kashino and Ichigo. And are now working as professionals for the project and their dreams.

AUTHOR:Natsumi Matsumoto

The second season features new characters and the main cast are in high school with new developments going on.

Really sweet and adorable. Love the Sweets (in all its forms)!!!!

message 2: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments sounds kinda like Kitchen Princess. :O Kitchen Princess, Volume 1

message 3: by E. (new)

There is a slight similarity between the two, but this manga pertains to sweets and only sweets.

message 4: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments oh. :) i see. is it good?

message 5: by E. (new)

If you like cuteness, sweets, and rooting for the underdog, as well as Kitchen Princess-like series, then this is a good one to watch.

I actually like the OP & ED songs for both seasons, though I'm partial to the second season's catchy songs.

message 6: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments oh. how many seasons are there?

message 7: by E. (new)

There are two seasons thus far, with the first season (50 episodes!) featuring the cast as middle schoolers, and the second season started with the cast as high schoolers.

message 8: by E. (new)

The second season has only 13 episodes. Now if only the manga was available...

message 9: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments why isn't the manga available? do they not sell it here/

message 10: by E. (new)

Nope, it hasn't been picked up yet...at least, that is what I found when I last searched about it, but that was a long time ago.

But yeah, I don't think it is picked up, but some chapters have been scanlated...and the manga is still ongoing.

message 11: by E. (new)

Sparrow wrote: "Katherine wrote: "why isn't the manga available? do they not sell it here/"

Go to Mangafox. They have some chapters..."

I'll check on it when I have time. Though I sure wish that the manga is over so that I can read the series in one go. I really want to see more Kashino x Ichigo cuteness. (I adore that couple!)