What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: YA Toronto depression [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lonegirl (new)

Lonegirl | 2 comments Hi I read a book as a kid (so back in the 80s) that took place during the great Depression. It was totally based in Toronto. The main character was a girl (likely preteen/early teen). I remember one scene where there are bed bugs. At night she has the lights out and quickly turns them on using her comb to smoosh them.
Another bit I can remember was her going with friends to the Canadian National Exhibition.
Sorry I don't remember much more....I loved the book as a kid but it escapes me! It would have been written pre late 80s. ( I am sure I read it as early as 85)

Thanks!!!

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 13 comments That would be the Booky: A Trilogy series! I loved those books! I remember the bed bug scene too, although I'm not completely sure which one of the books that took place in. They did a mini-series on CBC based on the books a few years ago - it was really well done!

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 13 comments Sorry, the link I put is all three books together, which is a bit confusing. The three separate books are That Scatterbrain Booky by Bernice Thurman Hunter , As Ever Booky by Bernice Thurman Hunter , With Love from Booky by Bernice Thurman Hunter .

message 4: by Lonegirl (new)

Lonegirl | 2 comments Thank-you!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Lonegirl wrote: "Thank-you!"

I'm assuming the trilogy is the book you were looking for.

Thanks, Lonegirl and Alicia.