I loved reading these YA books in the 70's or 80's! discussion

Do you remember these books? > Any Christopher Pike Fans Here?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited Nov 04, 2010 04:49PM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) I loved loved LOVED Christopher Pike in my high school years! He was the be all, end all for me. I still have every single book that he published for young adults! He inspired a few short stories that I wrote for assignments.

Some of his books: Remember Me Remember Me by Christopher Pike , Chain Letter Chain Letter by Christopher Pike , Weekend Weekend by Christopher Pike , and one that he seems to be most famous for, The Last Vampire The Last Vampire (The Last Vampire, #1) by Christopher Pike

message 2: by Kay (last edited Nov 05, 2010 09:06AM) (new)

Kay (calikay) | 6 comments I loved Christopher Pike when I was younger. I prefered his books to R.L. Stines. My favorite was Remember Me, which I noticed has just been republished this year. I also really liked See You Later, Scavenger Hunt, Chain Letter and Weekend.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara | 10 comments I loved his books when I was younger. I read them all. I still remember them fondly. I have been interested in trying some of his newer work Thirst Volume 1 (The Last Vampire; Black Blood; Red Dice) by Christopher Pike Thirst Volume 2 (Phantom; Evil Thirst; Creatures of Forever) by Christopher Pike ... but have not gotten around to it.

message 4: by Sheri S. (last edited Nov 05, 2010 08:58AM) (new)

Sheri S. (sheaxma) | 88 comments Mod
I had forgotten about a couple of these! Now I remember reading Chain Letter and Remember Me and I MAY have read Weekend, but I'm not certain! I also remember Slumber party (A Point paperback) by Christopher Pike and how about his contribution to the Cheerleaders series Getting Even (Cheerleaders, #2) by Christopher Pike ?

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melitious) I wasn't big on Christopher Pike, but my sister was. We were just in a used book store and she spent forever looking through his books telling me which ones she had read and really liked!

message 6: by Amy B (new)

Amy B (amydawn96) I remember seeing Christoper Pike books but I think I was too wimpy to read them.

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I read a lot of his books. Really liked the Last Vampire series. Not too long ago I found a bunch of his books for 5 cents each. It will be fun to eventually read them again.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments I own a few Christopher Pike paperbacks. Great stuff! I can't seem to part with them, because they were the only kind of horror I could tolerate as a kid (I couldn't bear to watch movies like Nightmare on Elm St).

Chain Letter was super scary, but Slumber Party was the best. I haven't read Monster or Weekend in awhile.

message 9: by Tara (last edited Oct 19, 2013 03:40PM) (new)

Tara | 10 comments I noticed the other day that they revamped the covers of some of his books and are back on the books shelves at the stores.
I saw this one the other day.
Until the End (Final Friends, #1-3) by Christopher Pike .

message 10: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 3 comments I read a lot of him, but I can't remember the individual books right now. There are still a few in my parents basement.

Was it RL Stine or Christopher Pike that had the series about the Fear family?

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisareadsbooks) | 1 comments Kathryn wrote: "I read a lot of him, but I can't remember the individual books right now. There are still a few in my parents basement.

Was it RL Stine or Christopher Pike that had the series about the Fear family?"

RL Stine dead Fear Street about the Fear Family.