Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Favorite Book Covers?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) some books that we read some of the most beautiful and lovely covers that we have ever seen. wht r some of ur favorite covers??

message 2: by Mariya (last edited Nov 04, 2010 08:30AM) (new)

message 3: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Nov 04, 2010 09:06AM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I've got loads, here's a few - not read them all and there are loads more too :)

The cover of Afterlight is my favourite new cover! Afterlight (The Dark Ink Chronicles, #1) by Elle Jasper

A selection of my other recent favourites:
Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Iron Thorn (Iron Codex, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge Amethyst Bound by L. Shannon Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead Vicious Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #1) by Linda Robertson Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory Hunger (Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #1) by Jackie Morse Kessler

message 4: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 270 comments I love Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger , I love the posture and the umbrella and the cover of the dress. It was the reason I grabbed the book in the first place and then I neded up loving it.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 42 comments Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward is probably one of my favorites. The guys body is ridiculously sexy and i love the scratch marks on his chest :]

message 6: by Nikki ~Kharma~ (new)

Nikki ~Kharma~ (nikki_kharma) | 10 comments Jenny wrote: "Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward is probably one of my favorites. The guys body is ridiculously sexy and i love the scratch marks on his chest :]"

Totally Agree!!!

message 7: by Rafaela (new)

Rafaela (rafahta) | 16 comments I really love Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (ambermay_5) | 176 comments Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

really love this cover :)

message 9: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Amber wrote: "Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

really love this cover :)"

one of my faves too

message 10: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward is probably one of my favorites. The guys body is ridiculously sexy and i love the scratch marks on his chest :]"

Yeah I like that one too :)

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane | 70 comments I have loads of faves here are some I own and have read.

The Bitten (Vampire Huntress Legend, #4) by L.A. Banks The Wicked (Vampire Huntress Legend, #8) by L.A. Banks Devour (Institut Scientifique, #1) by Melina Morel Prey (Institut Scientifique, #2) by Melina Morel Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) by Jory Strong Silk by Caitlín R. Kiernan
The Red Tree by Caitlín R. Kiernan Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels, #1) by Anne Bishop Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna Maclaine It Sleeps in Me by Kathleen O'Neal Gear It Wakes in Me by Kathleen O'Neal Gear It Dreams in Me by Kathleen O'Neal Gear
Dark Fire (Carpathians, #6) by Christine Feehan Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2) by Faith Hunter Dragonborn by Jade Lee Dragonbound (Love Spell Fantasy Romance) by Jade Lee Black Ships by Jo Graham

message 12: by T.L. (new)

T.L. Gray (tlgray) Of cource I think my own cover is awesome, especially since I rejected all suggestions from my editor and designed one of my own. Without reading the book, it looks ominous. But, after reading the story... it makes perfect sense.

The Blood of Cain by T.L. Gray

message 13: by Lin (new)

Lin In regards to Black Ships by Jo Graham - I love the art of John Jude Palencar. There are books on my to read shelf that are there simply because i want to own his beautiful covers. Particularly:
the Newford books (though i hear they're very good anyway),
The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint
the Samaria books (which are brilliant)
The Alleluia Files (Samaria, #3) by Sharon Shinn
Kushiel books
Kushiel's Avatar (Kushiel's Legacy, #3) by Jacqueline Carey

message 14: by Tammy (last edited Nov 10, 2010 12:01PM) (new)

Tammy | 11 comments I love this cover Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1) by Paullina Simons Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto

message 15: by Kira (last edited Nov 16, 2010 06:17AM) (new)

Kira (KiraRiyu) | 12 comments I love these: Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2) by Kalayna Price Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 29 comments Here are some I love
Desert Eden (Devereaux Family, #3) by Patricia Grasso Zora and Nicky A Novel in Black and White by Claudia Mair Burney Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward

message 17: by Sondrae (last edited Feb 22, 2011 08:17PM) (new)

Sondrae Bennett Some of my favorites are:
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent The Willow (The Magical Sword, #1) by Stacey Kennedy Compromising Positions by Jenna Bayley-Burke The Prodigal Mage (The Fisherman's Children, #1) by Karen Miller My Shifter Showmance (Shifting Reality, #1) by R.G. Alexander

although I'll admit most I haven't read (though they're all on my TBR pile)

message 18: by Betelgeuze (new)

Betelgeuze | 69 comments Favourite UF/PNR covers:

White Night (The Dresden Files, #9) by Jim Butcher Already Dead (Joe Pitt, #1) by Charlie Huston Requiem for the Devil by Jeri Smith-Ready

Favourite fantasy covers:

Death's Master by Tanith Lee Crown of Shadows (The Coldfire Trilogy, #3) by C.S. Friedman Fool's Errand (Tawny Man, #1) by Robin Hobb The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1) by Joe Abercrombie The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss

message 19: by Tenoko1 (new)

Tenoko1 Keep in mind, just because I love the cover doesn't mean I love the book. Some of these books are deeply resented. Some I've never read.

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Nevermore by Kelly Creagh Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride The Reapers Are the Angels by Alden Bell The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber The Chronicles of Narnia (#1-7) by C.S. Lewis

and.... I can't think of any others though I know there are tons. I judge a book by it's cover, and will walk away from a book if I don't like the cover. lol

message 20: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments I love just about any of the LOTU covers, like these:
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter
The Sentinel Wars covers:
Burning Alive (Sentinel Wars, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher Finding the Lost (Sentinel Wars, #2) by Shannon K. Butcher Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3) by Shannon K. Butcher Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4) by Shannon K. Butcher
More faves:
Born to Bite (Argeneau Vampires, #13) by Lynsay Sands Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole
You might see a theme running through my favorites. ;)

message 21: by Benita Vehnom (last edited Feb 23, 2011 06:10PM) (new)

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (bluebell7) | 16 comments Don't forget this one The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter he's sexy lol

message 22: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments One of my favorite Lords! LOL!

message 23: by Benita Vehnom (new)

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (bluebell7) | 16 comments I love Paris!!!

message 24: by Kate (new)

Kate (katesbooknook) O good lord. I don't think I could narrow it down to even a few! I am a total "cover s*&t! Lol, I know. I'm shallow!

message 25: by P.M. (new)

P.M. Richter (pamelarichter) | 9 comments The Necromancer by Pamela M. Richter

I found the cover on Istockphotos and loved it. It described the novel perfectly

message 26: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Elsborg I like the JR Ward covers for the BDB series - simple and effective. I also like Nalini Singh's archangel books - the two covers I've seen so far.
] Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3) by Nalini Singh
And I like mine! The five in the series look great together. The Consolation Prize (Trueblood, #1) by Barbara Elsborg Lightning in a Bottle (Trueblood, #3) by Barbara Elsborg Falling for You (Trueblood, #2) by Barbara Elsborg The Misfits (Trueblood Related) by Barbara Elsborg [bookcover:Fight to Remember|8695389

message 27: by Spencer (new)

message 28: by Kelli (last edited Feb 28, 2011 01:46PM) (new)

Kelli Barrett Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning
You can't really tell just by looking at this how awesome the cover is but it has different layers and is beautiful. Of course, I love this book, too!

message 29: by KellBell (new)

KellBell (kell_bell) | 42 comments Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Lucinda, Darkly (Demon Princess Chronicles, #1) by Sunny

And I really love this cover for its colors (maybe because you don't see them a lot in the PNR/UF world):
Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3) by Lara Adrian

message 30: by Gia (new)

Gia | 2 comments I absolutely love the new BDB Lover Eternal cover! Who is that?

message 31: by Jess (new)

Jess (otherstories) Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2) by Andrea Cremer Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and pretty much all the covers in that series.

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead Nevermore by Kelly Creagh Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

There's probably more, I just can't think.

message 32: by Tracy T. (new)

Tracy T. My favorite cover ever isn't a pnr/uf.

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton

Swoons. Just look at that body.

message 33: by Lin (new)

Lin I feel like the guy on the Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh cover is angry at me...

message 34: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle Lin wrote: "I feel like the guy on the Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh cover is angry at me..."

Well what did you do to make him angry? Hmmmm? LOL:)

I love the covers for the Naked Werewolf series from Molly Harper How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #2) by Molly Harper There kind of silly, but cute!

message 35: by Lin (new)

Lin I don't know! But I'm backing away slowly and murmuring sorry, hehe

Will have to read the book to find out why he's mad

message 36: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle Lin wrote: "I don't know! But I'm backing away slowly and murmuring sorry, hehe

Will have to read the book to find out why he's mad"

LOL! :) I'm reading this one soon, heard great things about it, and now I want to know why he is so angry!

message 38: by Kristin (new)

Kristin  Aragon (kljaragon) Lin wrote: "I feel like the guy on the Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh cover is angry at me..."

Should definitely read the book! It is excellent and he is definitely angry at someone...LOL

message 41: by Madison (new)

Madison (madison2626) | 14 comments This new cover its awesome ;)

message 42: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle Madison wrote: "http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi..."

The new cover is perfect!!! I love it:)

message 43: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited May 29, 2011 03:15AM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) Kira wrote: "I love these: Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1) by Kalayna Price Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2) by Kalayna Price Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr"

i agree, i love these cover aswell, there fantastic!!!

message 44: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 462 comments I'm a big fan of pickyme's artwork, and she came out with the following:
Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3) by Elisabeth Naughton The Guardian by Sherrilyn Kenyon

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) these are some of the covers (of books which i have read/or about to) that i love - their stunning
Entangled by Cat Clarke The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong River Marked (Mercedes Thompson #6) by Patricia Briggs Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz Sea Change by Aimee Friedman The Foretelling by Alice Hoffman Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) by Melissa Marr Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) by Melissa Marr Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) by Melissa Marr Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr Daughter of the Flames by Zoë Marriott Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3) by Richelle Mead Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Tantalize (Tantalize, #1) by Cynthia Leitich Smith Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow The Strange Power, The Possessed, The Passion (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith

:)

message 47: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments I am totally drawn to covers and books with covers that draw me in do move up my TBR list faster. Here are some of my YA faves:

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5) by Lauren Kate Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld Dark Heart Forever (Dark Heart, #1) by Lee Monroe Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough Always a Witch (Witch, #2) by Carolyn MacCullough Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) by Rachel Hawkins The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2) by Bree Despain Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev Perchance to Dream (Théâtre Illuminata, #2) by Lisa Mantchev So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3) by Lisa Mantchev The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Tempest Rising (Tempest #1) by Tracy Deebs Ruined by Paula Morris Dark Souls by Paula Morris Until I Die (Revenants, #2) by Amy Plum Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Miles Airborne (Airborne Saga, #1) by Constance Sharper Grounded (The Airborne Saga, #2) by Constance Sharper The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) by Kady Cross A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1) by Jocelyn Davies

So far I've only read The Fallen books and Need books.

message 48: by Julianne (new)

Julianne | 143 comments And here's a few of my adult faves - haven't had a chance to read any of these yet:

Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1) by Kristen Painter Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7) by Kim Harrison Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6) by Chloe Neill Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3) by Nicole Peeler Eye of the Tempest (Jane True #4) by Nicole Peeler Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Courting Darkness (Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon #10) by Yasmine Galenorn My Life As a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1) by Diana Rowland Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1) by Michelle Rowen Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) by Jennifer Estep On Midnight Wings (The Maker's Song, #5) by Adrian Phoenix Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4) by Gena Showalter

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan Julianne wrote: "And here's a few of my adult faves - haven't had a chance to read any of these yet:

Blood Rights (House of Comarré, #1) by Kristen Painter Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs On the Prowl (includes Alpha & Omega #0.5 World of the Lupi #3.5 Monère #4 Dorina Basarab #1.1) by Patricia Briggs [bookcover:D..."

You will LOVE the SHIFTERS SERIES by Rachel Vincent - her first book "STRAY" is shown on your first line

message 50: by Susan (new)

Susan Lisa M wrote: "I love just about any of the LOTU covers, like these:.......You might see a theme running through my favorites. ;) ."

uuuhhhhh yeah! and duhhhhhhhh
WHO WOULDN'T LOVE those covers!?!?!?
lol

« previous 1