eReader discussion

still need ipad help!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) i can;t get a couple books to transfer from my sony to ipad.... It won't open them. Please help!

message 2: by Bree (new)

Bree (simplyparticular) Have you tried Bluefire Reader? It's a free App that can open Adobe-protected ePubs, which is what the Sony store sells.

If it is an older Sony book in the LRF/LRX format, you'll need to go to your SOny bookshelf and redownload it, as pretty much no current readers support that format.

message 3: by ~~*Julie (last edited Nov 04, 2010 10:23AM) (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) I have bluefire reader downloaded but it never gives me the option to open it with that. It says no current app can open this attachment. That is when I try to open the e-mail.
Unless I am doint something wrong? when I go to add file in itunes it doesn't transfer. Any tips? Or a walk thrU?? Any help I can get would be appreciated. I am reveiwing books for a website but now I can't open the books! It says it is a acsm fie if that helps any?

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam (adamruger) | 13 comments The acsm file is actually a license that allows you to download the ebook and not the ebook itself. If you click on the acsm file on your computer it will ask if you wish to open or save the file. Always choose open and the epub file will open in either ADE or Sony software.

Opening the file will automatically save it to your computer. If you have Windows it will be under My Documents (not sure how it saves under other OS's).

Once you have the actual ePub file, use whatever method Bluefire recommends to get the book from your computer to the iPad.

message 5: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) I got it to open and saved it on the epub file. Found it on my documents and transfered it to itunes but can't figure out how to get it to open in blue fire- i don't know what the F>>>>>> I am doing wrong!! i have been trying to figure this out for 2 days and am getting frustrated!

message 6: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) You are my hero!!! i e-mailed the pdf to myself! Yeah!!!!

message 7: by Adam (new)

Adam (adamruger) | 13 comments Glad you got it working.