iPad Books discussion

HELP!!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) HOW in the world do you transfer some epub /acsm books that i have already purchased for my sony ereader. I have followed the directions by adding file on itunes and nothing... help! i don't want to lose these books!

message 2: by ~~*Julie (new)

~~*Julie Kawalec-pearson (jewl) They are actually books that I review for a website.....can the be conerted?

message 3: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie I have a question for books for ipad
I will be purchasing the new ipad 2 next week and I have thousands and thousands of books in pdf and epub format. Can these go on my new ipad? They are not DRM protected and what is the best format for ipad?

message 4: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (linnefaulk) There is software to convert ePub to iBooks. It works pretty well. I prefer using GoodReader to read PDFs

message 5: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie what is the file type for ibook? i have software to convert that works great I just dont know which works best on an ipad.
GoodReads has an ipad app?

message 6: by Wendalyn (new)

Wendalyn Peterson | 5 comments I have no problems reading epubs on my ipad i just drop and drag them on. I also have pdf ebooks on it that i uploaded. It does not read .mobi files tho at least i can't get it to read mine. Anyone know all the extensions it will take for ebooks?

message 7: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie Mobi file I would think you could read those on the kindle app

message 8: by mike jay (new)

mike jay (mikeaj) ☻Bobbie☻ wrote: "what is the file type for ibook? i have software to convert that works great I just dont know which works best on an ipad.
GoodReads has an ipad app?"

You can put ePub and PDF files into iBooks. Not converting is needed. PDF files will not allow you to use the dictionary, notes and highlight features though, ePub is best. This is how I do it... http://www.apple.com/itunes/inside-it... ...and I always put the file onto my desktop, minimize iTunes and then drag and drop the files into iTunes to make it easy. Then sync your iPad, iPhone or iTouch and your good to go.

Hope this helps.

message 9: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 5 comments There are several readers for iPad. You aren't limited to the iBooks bookshelf. For instance, kindle, nook, stanza, kobo are just a few that come to mind. There are more. Whatever format your ebooks are in, there is probably an app for them.

message 10: by Bobbie (last edited Mar 26, 2011 02:48AM) (new)

Bobbie iBooks seams to work fine but some of my pdf's don't convert with covers. I dont really care for reading the pdf's in my iPad, it does not look to nice like epubs and kindle apps