Reading with Tequila Book Club discussion

Book/Movie Discussions > The Other Boleyn Girl: Movie Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) This is the place to discuss the movie. Spoilers are allowed, but should be marked as such.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I liked the movie, but felt like Natalie Portman as Anne Boleyn was not the right casting choice (although I love her as an actress).

Henry was cast perfectly though.

The movie was decent, but for some reason I don't remember much outside of the rocky relationship between the sisters.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) I just read the book for the club, but I saw the movie years ago. I'm not especially a fan of Natalie Portman, but had no problem picturing her as Anne in everything she did in the book.

And I don't remember much of the movie beyond the sisters relationship either. I know there must have been more to it, but it was so long ago. I definitely want to rewatch it now that I've read the book.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) I thought the cast was great and really liked the movie. I also saw the movie first, and then read the book, but found I liked the changes they had made to the movie to adjust it to such a long book.

I wrote a small review on the movie here: http://oodlesofbooks.blogspot.com/201...

Check it out if you'd like. I watched the movie again right after reading the book so I could have a fresh memory of it for the club :)