Reading with Tequila Book Club discussion

Book/Movie Discussions > The Other Boleyn Girl: General Discussion NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) This is the place to discuss the book in general. No spoilers allowed. Please use the spoiler post to discuss anything that applies.

If you'd like to discuss a specific aspect of the book, please feel free to start a new thread.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) I loved this book so much more than I ever imagined I would have.

message 3: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (bookspinesandwine) I loved it too, and I will always have respect for it since it started my love and facination with Tudor history. However, it is really inacurate and elaborated, when it didn't need to be. The drama of real life was just as good! I also love Anne Boleyn, she is one of my favorite historical people and Phillipa Gregory is always biased against her and Elizabeth in all her books. Other than that though she is a good writer and knows how to weave an intricate story that keeps people turning the pages!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Potts (lisampotts) | 8 comments Okay, I'm probably a minority, but I thought this book was kind of slow. I did get to the "can't put it down" stage about halfway through and enjoyed the rest quite a bit.

I read Wolf Hall earlier this year and found it much more historically accurate but a lot less fun than this one. I guess I'll have to see the movie now.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree Lisa, I also thought the beginning was slow.

I enjoyed this book and it got me back into historical fiction after a very long break, which I am very thankful for!

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) I also loved the book! I thought it was fantastic and couldn't put it down. It is a bit slow at the beginning, but it is still interesting :)

The movie is good, it moves the story along a lot quicker.