Beyond Reality discussion

Members' Lounge > Books Authors Recommended

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurel (new)

Laurel I love to follow author's blogs - they're insightful, humorous, and a treasure trove of nerdy fun! They are also often a great source for finding new books/authors to love. Case in point, Patrick Rothfuss recently wrote a blog about the Girl Genius Vol. 1: Agatha Heterodyne & the Beetleburg Clank series. Let's just say that I have yet another series to love!

Have you found new books or series through an established favorite author?

message 2: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2357 comments Mod
Definitely. I follow Neil Gaiman's blog and he's made a few recommendations that I've gone out and purchased, like The Secret History of Moscow by Ekaterina Sedia, which I loved.

Tamora Pierce always has good recommendations as well, though off the top of my head I can't think of a specific book she's pointed me towards.

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1357 comments hmm. I started reading Master and Commander because of Jo Walton's blog at Tor.com
While I am not 100% on board about the goodness of the book she was the feather that pushed me over to start reading it

message 4: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Jo Walton's been a great source of recommendations for me too. When tor.com just started out, she wrote a lot of re-reading posts, and somehow a big chunk of those were about books and series I consider favorites - C.J. Cherryh, Steven Brust, Lois McMaster Bujold. So now I tend to pay attention when she recommends something.