Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > PRINCE CHARMING DOESN'T LIVE HERE by Christine Warren

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by twinfish2 (last edited Nov 03, 2010 05:35PM) (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments Went to the book store today to check out the new books that came out recently. I was interested in Christine Warren's new book because I have not liked her recent ones very much. This book is only 288 pages then they added 64 pages of excerpts from all her other books. Wow, I think that is excessive. So I wouldn't buy it. I will check my library and the used book stores. I have found many books recently under 290 pages but on the book sites the page counts are never under 300. Many times they are listed at 320 to 350. I believe the publishers know that many readers will not pay $7.99 for a book under 300 pages. I won't, I check all books actual page counts before purchasing. I forgot to mention the print was quite large also.

message 2: by twinfish2 (last edited Nov 03, 2010 05:27PM) (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments I just went to amazon and checked and they say it has 368 pages. Now I know the book ended at 352(including the excerpts) at the store, so they must be counting all the copywright and blank pages in the front and back of the book. That is just bad form, in my opinion. Actually I would call that lieing.

message 3: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Amazon tends to have page numbers wrong a lot. I think they are given a page number by the publishers before the book is even finished. They are not really lying, they just have not changed the page number to the correct one since it has been published.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (cooldrenth) | 51 comments I know I hate that. I like longer books and some times Amazon is way off.

message 5: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments I don't think it is amazons fault at all, I blame the publishers. Any one who produces a product has done a cost analysis per item for that product. To do this they will need a page count. Book publishers know before the books are mass produced how many pages a book will have. Other wise they could not control their expenses and budgets. I am sure they probably have a computer program that they enter the manuscript into, with information about whether it will be trade size, mass market paperback, or hardback, font size etc. This will tell them the number of pages the books will be. So there should be no error in the information of page counts that they pass onto amazon and other vendors. Thats why I consider them to be lieing to me.

message 6: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments I agree, give me a book with 350 - 400 pages or don't waste my time. With this economy it's to expensive to buy something that small for the full price. It's like Flirt from Laurel K Hamilton, what a rip off, only about 150 pages and hardcover so it was more expensive.