We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Bekah's Fun House! > Never Have I Ever...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments fill in the blank and keep the circle going so we get to know each other better!

message 2: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments kissed a girl.....

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments been to Paris.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments jumped out of a plane.

message 5: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments ah...me neither technically...I was there in my mother's belly once though!!! My mom and dad were there again last year.

message 6: by D.G. (new)

D.G. dated an Asian guy.

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments been to Canada....

Mandy wrote: "been to Paris."

I went there once one I was 16. It was a lot of fun. I definitely enjoyed London more but getting to climb the Eiffel Tower and tour The Louvre was amazing.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Dated anyone of another race. I'm married 32 years now, but I can vaguely recall....

message 9: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments been to Niagra Falls..and I was born on Long Island

message 10: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Been to The World of Coca-Cola, even though I've lived near Atlanta 29/32 years!

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Been outside of the United States.

message 12: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments oh my, really? Do you want to or just have no desire or opportunity?

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Me either Danielle, unless you count the US Virgin Islands... but I want to travel abroad so badly!!

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Nov 06, 2010 08:53AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Mainly opportunities. I spent many years in school, working, and dealing with family issues. Now, with the global climate so scary, I'm a little leery about traveling outside the US.
Cheryl, I mainly want to go to the United Kingdom (big surprise there). I wouldn't mind going to France, Italy, and Possibly Greece. My friend wants me to go to Sweden.

message 15: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) .....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that special someone, you better hold on tight. This is one of the reasons why I love romance novels so much. I'm going to be getting action from only one person for the rest of my life-hopefully!-so I'm living vicariously through these smutty heroines.

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Danielle, can I go with you?

LethalLovely, that is amazing and congratulations!

message 17: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Thank you very much, Cheryl! I'm equal parts excited & nauseated. :p

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: ".....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that special someone, you better hold on tight. This is one of the..."

That's great! I'm one of those if only I'd known I wouldn't have.... but my hubby is the only one I ever enjoyed it with.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Pamela, same here.

message 20: by D.G. (new)

D.G. LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: ".....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that special someone, you better hold on tight. This is one of the..."

So true, LL! And it's not the quantity but the quality. Let me tell you that the world is full of bad lovers. I didn't sleep around like many of my friends but some guys I dated were totally useless in the bedroom. I wish I'd been more confident at that age and just dump their ass!

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Cheryl, sure, why not? If I ever do go! Scotland is calling my name! :)

message 22: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Cheryl, sure, why not? If I ever do go! Scotland is calling my name! :)"

I'm dying to go to England, Ireland and Scotland! I've started saving money... gotta get a passport!

message 23: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Awww Pamela, that's so sweet!

LMAO @ D.G. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to find a guy who's great in the sack on the first go. I told him before we had hot monkey boom boom "If you suck in bed, I can't marry you. I love you but I will not settle for a lifetime of mediocre sex. This is not the damn 1700s." It all worked out, though. *sighs*

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments I don't have a passport either, Cheryl. I heard it takes a while.

message 25: by Julianna (last edited Nov 06, 2010 06:59PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: ".....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that special someone, you better hold on tight. This is one of the..."

That's wonderful, LL! Me too. I've been with my husband for 19 years, married 16.5, and we're still going strong.;-) Sometimes, real-life love stories are more romantic than the novels.

message 26: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Cheryl, sure, why not? If I ever do go! Scotland is calling my name! :)"

If I could stop having a panic attack every time I fly, I'd be right there with you, Danielle. Scotland is at the very top of my list of places I'd like to go before I die. I'm madly in love with the Outlander novels, and both my husband and I have ancestral ties there, so it would be amazing place to visit.

message 27: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I don't have a passport either, Cheryl. I heard it takes a while."

I've heard anywhere from several weeks to several months! So, really I should get on it! And the prices keep going up on it.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments It's the expense, and I don't love flying, so that's part of it. I am also worried about all the terrorist activities around the world. It seems safer to just stay at home at watch BBC America. :)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Julie, Lady D., take the Queen Mary II! Why fly and worry when the trip can be as much fun as the destination?

A passport is a good thing to have even if you never leave the country, and it's good for a very long time so the expense isn't like an annual license.

message 30: by MashJ (last edited Nov 07, 2010 01:00AM) (new)

MashJ | 733 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Cheryl, sure, why not? If I ever do go! Scotland is calling my name! :)"

Take an umbrella and midge repellant. It IS beautiful though!

It sounds like maybe you're finding reasons NOT to travel. The rest of the world is not chock full of terrorists and actually many of our crime stats are far lower than in the US. Homicide for example. Much travel once are in Europe can be done by train so you can avoid further flights.

Travel is very addictive though- speaking as an addict (from England)!

message 31: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I am also worried about all the terrorist activities around the world. "

Western Europe is relatively safe. I've traveled there half a dozen times since 9/11 and never had any issues. :) Of course, it's not as if we stay in seedy neighborhoods or go out to get drunk at night. As long as you use common sense, you should be fine.

Agree with Mollie that a passport is always good to have. They're good for 10 years so even if you think you're not traveling today maybe something will come up in the future where you have to take a trip abroad - and nowadays, you need a passport to go to Canada, Mexico and most of the Caribbean.

Also agree with Mshj...travel is very addictive! Usually when my husband and I come from a trip we are always planning the next one. :)

message 32: by D.G. (new)

D.G. LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: "I told him before we had hot monkey boom boom "If you suck in bed, I can't marry you. I love you but I will not settle for a lifetime of mediocre sex. This is not the damn 1700s." "

You're my new hero, LL!! I wish I'd been that confident when I first started dating.

My first serious boyfriend was a great guy but he really sucked in bed. Premature ejaculator (he said he was very 'sensitive'), a small penis, not creative at all (the same position all the time) and wasn't into OS to boot (not that I asked him...I didn't know my @ss from my elbow about sex those days.) Thankfully we broke up...if I had married him, I'd been doomed to a life of really bad sex.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments D.G., not necessarily. My husband and I learned together.

message 34: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Poor D.G. =( It is lucky you got out of that relationship. And thanks!

Mollie, it's great that you & your hubby learned together but sometimes it's really hard to tell a guy his shit doesn't smell like roses. Some are in denial that they suck & some just don't care. That's why I'd never try to change a man. I don't have the patience; I'd rather let another woman do all the work & reap the benfits.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: "Mollie, it's great that you & your hubby learned together ... I'd never try to change a man."

I agree, it cannot be done. Good thing we have the education through hundreds of romances to recognize the good one when he comes along!

message 36: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Mollie *scoutrmom* wrote: "D.G., not necessarily. My husband and I learned together."

He was already in his mid-twenties (he was 6 years older than I) and a Latin man, so I don't think he would have been open to much learning. If you heard him talking about that, you would have thought he was a Don Juan!

message 37: by MashJ (last edited Nov 07, 2010 12:59PM) (new)

MashJ | 733 comments D.G. wrote: "Mollie *scoutrmom* wrote: "D.G., not necessarily. My husband and I learned together."

He was already in his mid-twenties (he was 6 years older than I) and a Latin man, so I don't think he would h..."

Ah well- he talked a good story.

My first partner and I had an amazing year together- but for me the intensity didn't last although we stayed together for a lot longer. I'm not sure anyone could stay on such a high for long- I melted every time he walked into the room! I'm glad to have experienced it though (especially as 2nd partner was a total waste of time in bed- I couldn't believe the difference!-similar to DG).

My husband and I have never hit those heights of my first relationship. I think a lot of it is with much more going on in my life these days I don't have the right mindset for obsessive love (we don't discuss previous partners btw) but we have a better all round relationship and a pretty good private life.

message 38: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments That brings up a question I'm always pondering...do/should you talk about past relatinships?

When/Why/How much?

Do you?

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Bekah wrote: "That brings up a question I'm always pondering...do/should you talk about past relatinships?

When/Why/How much?

Do you?"

Yes. How much?

Well, I've been exclusive with my husband since I was seventeen and he was 22, so there isn't much to discuss. However, he is morbidly curious and always wants to discuss my sexual history (not the emotional one) while never talking about his own. I gave him all of the details once and have refused to discuss it ever since, though he still wants to after 32 years of marriage. These guys can be so insecure, ya know? I just keep reminding him that he taught me about the Big O and nobody else ever came close.

I think that guys should only know enough about your past to understand how it made you the woman you are today. That involves discussing emotions and nothing about the details of a sex scene. If a past relationship has left time bombs in one's psyche, such as fear of abuse (mental or physical) or fear of abandonment, he should certainly be told enough to avoid your triggers. This applies to all relationships and not just ex-boyfriends. Sometimes it is more crucial that he understand issues from family or friend relationships.

When? certainly before one progresses to a physical relationship, though because of my issues I was not so wise. Do as I say, not as I did, please.

Why? My talks with my husband about all these other relationships over the years have helped me grow, as I hope I have been able to help him.

That's my opinion, anyway. Hope it helps.

message 40: by D.G. (new)

D.G. Totally agree with Mollie.

I've never discussed sexual details of my past relationships, including how many guys I slept with before him or who was good in bed vs. who sucked (I just tell this to you guys, LOL!) Now, I've shared with him emotional details and I've told him about those relationships that were important to me or hurt me, including family and ex-boyfriends. I think that's important to build intimacy.

message 41: by Megan (new)

Megan | 546 comments LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: ".....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that special someone, you better hold on tight. This is one of the..."

Same with me. I'm glad I found a good one early, although he does drive me crazy somedays, lol. We've been toether 6 1/2 years, married about 4 1/2 years, and we even still like eachother, lol (married humor)

message 42: by Laura (last edited Nov 08, 2010 07:44AM) (new)

Laura (filoviridae) | 783 comments D.G. wrote: "Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I am also worried about all the terrorist activities around the world. "

Western Europe is relatively safe. I've traveled there half a dozen times since 9..."

Passports usually take 6-8 weeks to receive and they do have a 10 year expiration. Unfortunately the cost does keep increasing.

I went to Italy with college friends for two weeks in 2005 and had an amazing time. I went to Ireland by myself earlier this year for two weeks and it was again, amazing. Scotland is next on my list and I'm planning to do that July or August of 2012. I'm really hoping to do international travel every 2 or 3 years. :)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Lethal, I get your married humor. Liking each other outside of the bedroom has made our marriage so healthy, but joking about it has made it strong.

Laura, I'd love to go to the British Isles again someday, I've really only been to London and the surrounds. I want to see the Aran Islands and the Shetland Islands because I am a knitter.

message 44: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: ".....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that spec..."

Awww. Congrats on your wonderful marriage, Megan! I can only hope that our relationship will be that good down the line. Me & my fiance have been together for over 3 years & engaged almost as long. He proposed to me 4-5 months after we met. =)

message 45: by MashJ (new)

MashJ | 733 comments Bekah wrote: "That brings up a question I'm always pondering...do/should you talk about past relatinships?

When/Why/How much?

Do you?"

No- I have knew my partner for a long time before we got involved and whilst I haven't had lots of other relationships we are both still good friends with my previous long-term boyfriend so it would seem really inappropriate to share. We're English so clearly we don't talk about emotional issues so that can all be left too.

Living in a small town I once saw 3 of my husband's ex girlfriends in one day! He hasn't had lots of girlfriends- it was just one of those days in a close community!

message 46: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Thanks for sharing...I'm the sort of person who sometimes wants to know everything...and sometimes I dont. I dont obsess about it until if..we are chatting and I ask a question and it doesn't get answered...then I get upset..it's probably juvenile, but it bugs me. Because if you would ask me, I would share.

IDK...its strange..I've always had some measure of back and forth sharing but my love now doesn't really feel the need and it feels strange to me. Then I get curious and nosy!

message 47: by Heidi (last edited Nov 13, 2010 12:06PM) (new)

Heidi | 871 comments LethalLovely~I'll Wrap My Wire Around Your Heart wrote: ".....Been with anyone other than my amazing fiance. It's ironic because I pride myself on being a "modern" woman but when you meet that special someone, you better hold on tight. This is one of the..."

I have only even been with my hubby. We've been together for 18 years(married for 13) and he's the one and only! I can honestly say, if somehting were to ever happen to him, there would be no other.

message 48: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments My hubby and I have talked about our sexual pasts. I know his, he knows mine. Neither of us were very "choosy". he was, however, the first who was ever concerned abut whther or not I enjoyed it and had an orgasm. Totally into OS, my first at that, and just blew my mind! LOL!!

Sooo . .. 17 years later, it's better and better.

message 49: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments lol, awesome!!! That's called: KEEPER!

message 50: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Glover | 576 comments Bekah wrote: "lol, awesome!!! That's called: KEEPER!"

Totally!!