We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Bekah's Fun House! > Your bestie...

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Let's dedicate this thread to your best friend...who is he/she? What makes a good friend? What is your fondest memory?

message 2: by Julianna (last edited Nov 03, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 380 comments It might sound sappy, but I married my best friend. Believe it or not after 16 1/2 years of marriage he still is. I have just never met anyone who understands me as well as my husband does.

I think a good friend is someone you can trust with all your secrets, who listens and understands you, someone you can have fun with, and who loves you in spite of or maybe because of your quirks.

I have so many good memories it's hard to pick only one, but I think some of the best times we've had together are those quiet moments when we just talk and have an intimate meeting of the minds. That's definitely how we became friends and probably how we've stayed friends through all the ups and downs of life.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 469 comments I, too, married my best friend 24 yrs ago. But as far as same sex friends go, I'd have to say my friend, Kathy. She lives in Virginia and I'm in Arkansas so I haven't seen her in forever (about 15 yrs). One of my fave memories is our Friday movie nights. We would get a few movies and order chinese and pig out on chinese and junk food and watch hours worth of movies. We'd talk all through the movies and rarely actually watch them. Hubby (US Navy) was out to sea at the time so it was nice not being alone to dwell on that.

message 4: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments This topic is really hard for me right now..but it's nice reading your stories... :-(

Having just moved away from my best friends two months ago, I miss them sooo sooo sooo much. I was lucky to have two great women in my life. 1 I've known since I was in kindergarten and she is the sister I never had, the love of my life, and her kids are my nieces and nephew...i love them like air. I miss her. My fav memory with her is hard to isolate. But there are truly no words to describe my love for that woman.

My other friend has been my best buddy, the friend of my adulthood, for 10 years, and I've never met a person who could make me laugh like her. She's special, and we have a lot of great memories as well..but I really miss doing nothing at all with her...which pretty much amounted to chinese food and movies too!

I love them both, in vast, infinite, different all consuming ways.

My greatest wish is to stay connected through this distance, still have a share in each other's lives, and hopefully if God deems me worthy to again find someone(s) just as special for me in this leg of my journey.

message 5: by Ariana (new)

Ariana (oh2ny) | 102 comments Bekah, I know just how you feel. I moved away from my best friend as well. It was 5 years ago, right after graduation and I had no time to prepare for the move. I just had to go. She lived around the block from me my whole life and then suddenly she was states away. I'm only able to get to Ohio once a year and that is hard because we were together all the time. She finally came to visit me in NY with her daughters this summer after I spent 2 weeks with her in Ohio and we spent a whole month together for the first time in years and it was so sad when she left. We talk on the phone everyday, and its not the same but we've managed. She is more of a sister to me than my actual sister. I promise it will get easier. :)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments My best friend is one of my daughters, her name also happens to be Bekah. (I know you're not her in disguise because she'd never read romances.) She has wisdom beyond her years, and even though she's lived in another city for five years, we talk every week. She understands me, and I try to understand her. Even though our tastes in reading, music, and clothing differ, our values are the same. Plus, she has a great boyfriend who never begrudges the time we spend visiting.

Hooray for affordable long distance phone rates!

message 7: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments Thank you Ariana! Have you guys tried skype?

message 8: by Ariana (new)

Ariana (oh2ny) | 102 comments Bekah wrote: "Thank you Ariana! Have you guys tried skype?"

No because she doesn't have internet at her house. :( She goes to her mom's or she uses it at work.

message 9: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments My best friend's name is Pam and we've known each other since we were 9 years old. Our lives have paralleled one anothers almost every step of the way.

There was something that we recognized in each other, and as we grew up, we realized what that was - we'd both been raised in alcoholic and horribly abusive homes. Knowing that we shared that difficult bond, and knowing how those things stay with you, we've been able to support each other, help each other through the rough spots, and make sure that we never forget that "it wasn't our fault."

She's the family I choose, my sister not of blood, but of choice. There are no words that can express how much I love her and how blessed my life has been with her in it.

message 10: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I'm so glad you have Pam in your life Dhestiny!!!

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thanks, Bekah! So am I :)

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Well my best earthly friend is my sister. She has always been there for me, and we have been through a lot in my crazy family. She's a very loving, caring, accepting person. She's tough and a survivor, but so warm-hearted. She's very unique and is not afraid to be herself. I just adore her!

message 13: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I always wanted a sister...so badly..but I got lucky with my best friends too!

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments My Keith(hubby) is my best friend. We have been together for 18 years and married for 13 of them.

As for female friends, I really don't have any, I have acquaintences, sure, but no friends, like that I go to lunch or shop or call and giggle with.

message 15: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments I'm your friend!!!!

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 871 comments I know you are Bekah and I am so happy for that! LOL

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Nov 16, 2010 11:03AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments You have online friends, Heidi. That counts.

I actually have more online friends than outside of the computer life friends. :)

message 18: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments me too at this point Danielle! It's hard moving to a new place not knowing anyone outside of family!

message 19: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Me too, Danielle... and I like some of my online friends better than the offline ones. LOL

message 20: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Ditto, D. :)

Bekah, you are so sweet, I know you will meet some people soon.

message 21: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments ((blushing))

well, gosh! Thanks Danielle!!

I'm not overly worried about meeting people..it's something I do naturally cuz I'm a people person....part of my job/career -- but thats so different than those soul mate best friends...sorta like finding a good man!

:-)

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 3737 comments Very true. I'd rather have one good friend, than fifty fair-weather friends.