Anime/Manga Couples discussion

Anime Series > Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E. (new)

E. R. (dilawrosas) | 226 comments Mod
There IS a manga now that features this PC-based-anime that has two seasons.

Taken from WIKIPEDIA:
Hakuōki ~Shinsengumi Kitan: Chizuru Yukimura heads to Kyoto to search for her father. While there, she witnesses a fight between Rasetsu and members of the Shinsengumi. The Shinsengumi take her into custody and, once learning she is the daughter of the doctor they are searching for, decide to keep her close at hand. Chizuru follows the Shinsengumi in their battles to help the shogunate.

Mind you, I know that the heroine is sorta bland, but one must give it some leeway due to this being an otome game (and I'm too lazy to explain it except like this: it's a dating game for females). But the guys are HOTT. ;)

message 2: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments theres a manga u say? perhaps i'll read it. or i'll watch the anime. idk. which one are the guys hotter in? xD

message 3: by E. (new)

It really depends on your taste. Some of the HOTT guys have shorter hair and their outfits changed into Western clothing in the second season. But imo, both versions of the guys are HOTT.

message 4: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments oh lol. kay. :) ill try it asap....which is not very soon. --_-- xD

message 5: by E. (new)

Don't worry. Keep up with your own anime watching. There are still a lot more anime series out there to try for your own pleasure. It actually depends on which one you want to watch, though.

message 6: by Kaitlyn (last edited Nov 05, 2010 03:38PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments lol k. :) and ya. i'm gonna watch the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

message 7: by E. (new)

Katherine wrote: "lol k. :) and ya. i'm gonna watch the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya"

You can add that here. Though I'm not sure if the manga or the anime came first.

message 8: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments well...i'm only on episode 2 so idk much about it.

message 9: by E. (new)

Even if it isn't a fave, you can still put it up.

message 10: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments i dont support any couples there though...

message 11: by E. (new)

You can just add it in the anime/manga series. You don't need to post any pairing. Just mentioning it as a series is good enough.

message 12: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments ok. :)

message 13: by E. (new)

Since I've been busy with life, I hadn't had time for watching anime. Thus, it took me until this year to realize that the second season has only 10 episodes.

Watching (or rather skimming through it) the last episode made me feel sad that it was over. Yes, the ending was poignant and bittersweet, but I'm still sad to see it end.

message 14: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (DeathNoteer) | 87 comments i finished hakuouki shinsengumi kitan and the hekkesturoku season 2 (or whatever its called cant remember cuz title's too long XP) it's so depressing
--_--" can't believe everyone died :'(

message 15: by E. (last edited Apr 28, 2011 09:52AM) (new)

Katherine wrote: "i finished hakuouki shinsengumi kitan and the hekkesturoku season 2 (or whatever its called cant remember cuz title's too long XP) it's so depressing
--_--" can't believe everyone died :'("

Considering that the real-life famous ppl DID die, they kept that part accurate. But as for the rest, creative license.

Anyway, this is based on a game, so as I was searching about the series, I learned what happens for each character's ending w/ the heroine. So in the anime ending, where the heroine ended up w/ the lieutenant (sorry, but I forgot his name), the implied "death" is there. There was only ONE ending where the heroine's other half (a.k.a. one of the bishies) did not have the implication of having a "short" life. That ending had the heroine w/ the bishie, who was holding their baby. I forgot, but it has been a while since I perused the Internet about this series. But that is what happens in the game.

Yeah, this series is sad. :(

message 16: by Lydia Smedry (new)

Lydia Smedry | 39 comments Yay Hakuouki! I just started this and it's pretty good :D More Okita!