Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Lobstergirl: toothless crone or teenage boy?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 202 (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm fascinated by lobstergirl. The combination of the obviously non-real avatar, the genderless tone to her text, and ambiguous age all make each and every post she/he/it posts a sheer joyride.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
Teenage boy??? (Why not teenage crone?)

I challenge you to examine the pixels of my avatar and detect its fakery! Every pixel of my avatar's deeply incised face is as real as the silicone molecules of a starlet's hard breast.

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Lobstergirl's writing style is too sophisticated to be that of a teenage boy, I think. All else is mystery.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I've always wanted to ask.

My guess was female, early 30's. How far am I off?

message 5: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments I love a mystery.

message 6: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments I'm voting Venetian... the planet not the watery earthy location... and under a century. She's got the maturity in her verbiage, but still remains spritely in her good natured ribbing.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments She's a woman, she lives on the north side of Chicago, somewhere, probably Lakeview area, but maybe somewhere slightly off the beaten path, like Logan Square or Lincoln Square. She takes public transportation a lot and is single. I'd guess 28.

Not that I'm stalking her or anything.

message 8: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments not yet no, you'd need more details for that.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments RA, that was fan-freakin awesome! WTH?! How would you know all that!?

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Barb wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "She's a woman, she lives on the north side of Chicago, somewhere, probably Lakeview area, but maybe somewhere slightly off the beaten path, like Logan Square or Lincoln Square..."

She has?? ... feels dumb now.

message 11: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I think RA is on the right track, but personally I would guess that Lobstergirl is slightly older, maybe 35, based on pop culture references in some earlier posts. Honestly, I had always imagined that LG was a woman just because of the name "Lobstergirl," but now that Sally mentions it, I suppose LG could be male. LG is curious about home repair tasks but isn't sure how to carry them out--that could certainly hold true for a man or a woman...

message 12: by Rachel (last edited Nov 03, 2010 06:14AM) (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Barb wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Barb wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "She's a woman, she lives on the north side of Chicago, somewhere, probably Lakeview area, but maybe somewhere slightly off the beaten path, like Lo..."

Ahh okay! :) ... goes off to google anal-retentive...

message 13: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) not every question should be answered... keep me guessing LG!

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori I don't have a clue, but I'm glad others are as mystified as I am. Well done, LG!

I do think older woman, tho.

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I'm thinking older woman also (35-40) and she seems to know quite a bit about the Chicago area, and has said that she lives there(all though that could be a deception). I think she must have lived in the DC area at one time as she seems to know quite a bit about that area also, and is a Redskins fan I believe.

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael Barb wrote: "a woman, I'm thinking 30-40 years old. Possibly single, don't think she has kids ..."

Oh, really... so, uh, how you doin', LG?

message 17: by Ken (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments I imagine LG as a 21 yr. old insomniac and nymphomaniac (studies have shown the two to have a similar etiology) who resides in a suite atop a Vegas hotel designed as a replica of Howard Hughes’ penthouse in the Desert Inn. She makes erotic sculpture out of limestone and donut holes for a gallery in Taos, New Mexico during the daytime hours, though in the evening she is employed as an undercover FBI agent infiltrating a fraudulent kosher meat operation in a foreclosed mosque on the outskirts of Paradise, Nevada. In her spare time she writes deeply soulful letters to her fiancé, the Unabomber.

message 18: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Ken wrote: "I imagine LG as a 21 yr. old insomniac and nymphomaniac (studies have shown the two to have a similar etiology) who resides in a suite atop a Vegas hotel designed as a replica of Howard Hughes’ pen..."

Geez, where does she find the time to hang around GR?

message 19: by Ken (last edited Nov 04, 2010 06:48PM) (new)

Ken (playjerist) | 721 comments Rachel wrote: "Geez, where does she find the time to hang around GR? "

And why?

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Indeed, indeed...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I don't do shellfish.

message 22: by smetchie (last edited Nov 05, 2010 07:49AM) (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments The most disturbing thing about this thread is that more than one person defined older woman as 35-40. I'm going to go open a vein now. Thanks people.

message 23: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments if jim thinks 35-40 means 'older woman' i wonder how he sees himself, though maybe he thinks the rules are different for men.

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Ok, wait. I looked again. Only Jim said older woman.

GANG UP ON JIM!

message 25: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I think Jim was just referencing the thread title by saying that LG is older than a teenager and is a woman rather than a boy. At least that's how I read it.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) "Older" is a relative term and not an absolute. The question remains as to being older than whom.

message 27: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The question remains as to being older than whom.

I love that sentence.

message 28: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Jonathan wrote: "I think Jim was just referencing the thread title by saying that LG is older than a teenager and is a woman rather than a boy. At least that's how I read it."

That's not ganging up on Jim.
Yeah, yeah, knowing Jim (and Jim's age) I'm certain he was speaking relatively. That doesn't mean it didn't sting.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments We...have...powers?

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaa!

message 30: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments I've wondered about Lobster Girl since coming to this message board. She "sounds" a lot younger than her profile picture makes her look.

message 31: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments I did mean that she was older than a teenager, sorry I wasn't clear.

And no I don't think that the rules are any different for men Janine.

New powers mean nothing if you don't know how to use them. I hope that I don't have the power to stretch, the power of speed would be good, I've always run like I had a plow hooked up. Maybe the power to fly. Do we have to put in requests?

message 32: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments smetchie wrote: "Ok, wait. I looked again. Only Jim said older woman.

GANG UP ON JIM!"

Bring it on, I can take it, you guys don't scare me (much)!

message 33: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Jonathan wrote: "I think Jim was just referencing the thread title by saying that LG is older than a teenager and is a woman rather than a boy. At least that's how I read it."

Exactly, thanks Jonathan!

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

Did your vein close up, Smetch? I'm worried that you're in a bloody bathtub in Paris right about now.

message 35: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I'm here. I didn't even get botox.

message 36: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments smetchie wrote: "The most disturbing thing about this thread is that more than one person defined older woman as 35-40. I'm going to go open a vein now. Thanks people."

I got a laugh out of this one. Thanks, smetchie.

message 37: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments I know Lg is reading and watching the birth of a myth. What fun! I'm glad she's not confirming or denying. The photo just makes you want to know the person behind it. What a gal, whoever the old gal is - but she's not Lg. At some point, I'd like to know who she is. A great photo like that deserves a name.

message 38: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Scout wrote: "I know Lg is reading and watching the birth of a myth. What fun! I'm glad she's not confirming or denying. The photo just makes you want to know the person behind it. What a gal, whoever the ol..."

Agreed. I have enjoyed many of LG's comments and find the mystery rather amusing. Long live LG!

message 39: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments >>I have enjoyed many of LG's comments and find the mystery rather amusing. Long live LG!<<

Maybe she already has. It's beginning to look like we will never know.

message 40: by Sally, la reina (new)

Maybe she already has. It's beginning to look like we will never know.

message 41: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) I must know! Will the real Lobstergirl please stand up?

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I googled her name and got this:

Does that help?

message 43: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yes. that helps.

message 44: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) her yearbook picture?

message 45: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "yes. that helps."

At the worst, it surely doesn't hurt!

message 46: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments there's also this:

but i'm not sure if you could type with those.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and that, doesn't help at all.

(a young kim basinger with claws smoking?)

message 48: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Oh dear.

message 49: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Whoa.

message 50: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Hi There Nice To Meet You Hello Welcome Smiley Smilie Emoticon Animated Animation Gif Pictures, Images and Photos
Welcome to TC Leslie!

« previous 1 3 4 5