Matched (Matched, #1) Matched discussion

Matched Giveaway Contest

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ruby Hey, I'm having a Giveaway contest on my blog for my ARC copy of Matched by Ally Condie. If you're interested, stop by here:

http://rubysreads.com/2010/11/02/furn...

message 2: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia I think that alot of people have said on youtube that they think that Matched could use an improvement. It was a very slow paced book.

Katerina it didn't have anything really happen in it. She never made a solid decision

message 4: by Nia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nia Lily (SecretAgentL) wrote: "It was a bit slow paced, but it was a somewhat good book."

I agree

Erica Nia wrote: "Lily (SecretAgentL) wrote: "It was a bit slow paced, but it was a somewhat good book."

I agree"

Me too!

Annie At first, I thought it was really slow. Then it got better, and I really liked it:D

Annie It was too much of a cliffhanger!

message 8: by Kae (new)

Kae I'm glad Cassia didn't just go and immediately rebel. I was glad that she only slowly slipped into opposing the Society.

As for the cliffhanger, yes, I am upset. I really do want to know what happens, especially the fall of the Society and more about the Outer Provinces, but at the same time I think the ending worked really well for the story.

Leah  (Simply Nerdy Book Reviews) I LOVED Matched! I thought it was fantastic, and I definitely agree with the sentiment that the ending worked well. But I also disagree with the opinion that the book went slowly.

CαthεεBooks I loved MATCHED so much. I can't wait for CROSSED!!!

Brooklyn Halvorsen I normally HATE reading but then i read Matched, I LOVED IT!!!
i would totally recommend this book :)!

Octavia Matched was a great book until the end. I am not sure about the Outer Provinces and the rest of society. I would love to read the next book. It reminded me of "The Giver" and other sci fic books that are out now.

Brittany i thought it was amazing. it was a little confusing, so it's harder to fast-read...but definitely a wholesome read! and yeah, it definitely had "The Giver"esque parts in it! allie condie did a great job!!

Brittany Erica wrote: "Nia wrote: "Lily (SecretAgentL) wrote: "It was a bit slow paced, but it was a somewhat good book."

I agree"

Me too!"

it definitely was slow paced...

message 15: by Soad (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soad loved this book it reminded me of the giver i loved the cliff hanger its what these books have that others dont

[Coco] Okay book, but too slow-paced with no real action until the end... hope Crossed is better. BTW Crossed comes out NOV. 1st!

message 17: by Abiie (last edited Oct 20, 2011 04:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abiie Annie wrote: "It was too much of a cliffhanger!"

Same with me :"> Can't wait for CROSSED !

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

It was slow the first time i read it but the second/third times were a lot better. :)