NaNoWriMo 2012 discussion

NaNoWriMo 2010 > NaNo Young Writers

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Hey people! I just joined the NaNoWriMo Young Writers Program and was wondering if anyone else is doing it? (as in the YWP, not the regular one.)

message 2: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing I'm on the ywp!

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Cool! What are you writing about?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

On YWP..

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I'm signed up on both the main site and the YWP but that's only because I wanted to set a 70,000 word count goal for myself. Haha

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yeah, I suppose that makes me even more insane...

message 7: by Kara (new)

Kara Trevlac (finskythegreat) | 3 comments Im doing it to but it is so stressful, like, 4th day i dont even have 1000 words, but i hae 7,000 word count goal and such a perfectionist, it seems like impossible =o)

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Don't worry, just write. You'll reach 7,000 words by the end of the month. Remeber you have 25 more days. You can do it!

message 9: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Wren ♫aka♫ Rebecca wrote: "Cool! What are you writing about?"

An adventure.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) And what happens in this adventure?

message 11: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing ... uhhh... I'm not sure yet. I'm just going with whatever I feel like at the moment.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Sounds good then. haha

message 13: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Right now my main charrie need to skin a deer.... anyone here know how?

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Yuck, sorry not me. Internet? You could just say that they pulled the intreals out. I think I spelt that wrong, in fact, I know I did....ah, the lazyness of a writer like me.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Okay, so I meant entrails.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Dovewing wrote: "Right now my main charrie need to skin a deer.... anyone here know how?"

Cool.I'm gonna go with Stephanie on that.Internet..or your Uncle Joe..

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Lol, or maybe Uncle Ben?

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep,possibly your Aunt Sally? lol

message 19: by Stephanie (last edited Nov 05, 2010 12:14PM) (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Oooo, what about Aunt Freida?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah,but you would have to ask her to shave her mustache because you woudn't be able to concentrate on her words if there's a bush on her lip.
Aunt Joseph?

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Rofl, aw be careful there my friend she's got a frigtening monster of a unibrow. Perhaps Uncle George?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Nah,Uncle George is some digestive problems.It's probably best we stay downwind.lmfao.
How about Uncle Martha?

message 23: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Rofl, he's a little...well how do I put this...disruptive. Don't you remeber how many doctors he's had? We could ask Uncle Barney.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Too purple.And she went to jail because of the *whispers* drug problem.
Cousin Sasha?

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I didn't think of him...oh wait, don't remember what he did? *shivers* He ripped that other guy's novel. How about Cousin *thinks of a name we haven't already used* Cousin Paul.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Uh-uh,won't work.He doesn't even know what a deer is because well,I heard from on Uncle Barney he went a joined the monks.
Great-Aunt Riley?

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Wait...if Uncl Barney's on drugs can we really trust that assessment? Great-Aunt Riley is too...she kind of stinks and besides she's on her death bed and going deaf.
Great-Uncle BarnYard?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess you right.Uncle BarnYard talks way to much.We probably won't be able to ask him anything with all the stuff he talks about.
Great-Aunt Mickey?

message 29: by Stephanie (last edited Nov 05, 2010 01:01PM) (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Mickey? Ugh, not him again. He's too slow. I mean, I could read about it faster than he could begin to talk.
Grandpa Thomas?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Heck,no.I don't know what it is with him but he's always trying to get me to kiss him.And he's really grabby.
Grandma Rachel?

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) You kidding me, she pinches my cheeks everytime I see her. They go numb for hours after she's done.
Grandpa Mac?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Seriously?With all the food he shoves in his mouth every second?Nope.
Grandma Cracker?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

lol Were having fun.

message 34: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing I don't have an uncle Joe.... cousin Joe, yes, but not uncle. Come to think of it, he might know how.... or was that one of my other cousins? Hmmm. Maybe one of my neihbors...

message 35: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Or the internet?

@ Asiyah. Grandma Cracker is so brittle that her lips would fall off the second she began to talk.
Grandpa Cornell?

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) We're referring to imaginary people who could tell Dovewing how to skin a dear.

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Don't. We're just fooling around.

message 38: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing Well, I don't need to know anymore. Turns out my cousins do know how to skin a deer... One of them killed a deer yesterday.

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I see, I see.

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Ten words? Just write, Isabella, just write.

message 41: by Elliott (new)

Elliott Yeah, Isabella! You can do it!

message 42: by Stephanie (last edited Nov 08, 2010 02:01PM) (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Oh yeah! I'm half way to my word count.

message 43: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Come on. You have not plot? No idea what you want to write about?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

That's kind of bad.

message 45: by ♥ Regan ♥ (new)

♥ Regan ♥ (rubber_duck) | 7 comments I'm 11 and doing the regular one.
xD
*joins YMP*

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Lol, I'm doing both, Regan, I did it mostly out of curiosity of how the YWP site looks like.

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) So are you having trouble just putting it on paper then?

message 48: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Hmmm, what point of view are you using?

message 49: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Remeber, this isn't about quality, you get to worry about that later. Write in the POV that flows the best for you; that might help getting down on paper.