Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > No Shave November

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Are any of y'all participating?

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments My son is, he shaved off his facial hair sunday, and won't shave again until December.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Is there anything to be accomplished?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Hadn't heard about this. What's the point?

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments For my son its just an excuse for him to be lazy and not shave. He is pretty erratic at shaving as it is.

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) no. I choose to exercise my right to shave my legs and armpits. :)

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments lots of young guys do it around here. guess i will sorta be in by not shaving my mohawk until at least Dec

message 8: by Dan (last edited Nov 02, 2010 01:40PM) (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) A week without shaving is about all I can stand. The line between scruffy and homeless starts shortly after that unless you're inclined to trim as needed. Those transitional-state beards are the worst.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
Never heard of this one before but I'll pass.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments This is bad timing. I just started buying slightly more expensive than the cheapest crap in the store shaving paraphernalia. I got this pre-shave stuff that makes me face all hot (literally, not metaphorically) and then better shaving gel/cream. So shaving isn't so bad now. I'm going to keep shaving.

message 11: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) before or after the bubble bath, RA?

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments ms.petra wrote: "before or after the bubble bath, RA?"

That is a fair and excellent question. Ok, if I'm going to take a bubble bath, I'll usually do the face thing first because then I can get in the bath and wash my face again and feel absolutely perfect.

message 13: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I think RA spends more time grooming than I do. :)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Barb wrote: "As for fancy shaving creams, I don't use 'em ... havn't since I was a teenager and saw a tip in a magazine about using hair conditioner instead. Much better ... and cheaper by a mile..."

Barb, I do that too! I think I read the same tip. :)

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Hey, No Shave November! I knew I liked this month for more than just the stuffing.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I use conditioner too, unless I'm low and then I just shave with water in the shower. I never knick myself.

message 18: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) a couple of guys I work with just recently shaved off their facial hair. now they have white patches on their faces. They look silly! I always thought shave in summer and let it go in the winter just for the heat factor.

message 19: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
I don't cut my hair above chin length in winter. I need my neck to be warm and longer hair does help.

message 20: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Wow. Apparently I participate in this tradition every winter and didn't even realize it. I'll shave the armpits but hate shaving legs. In Spring/Summer it's a must but Fall/Winter... no holds barred hairiness. Good thing I'm already married & he's hairier than I am.

Hmmm... should I be saying this here or in the TMI thread? As a sidenote, this won't apply to shaving my face. ;)

message 21: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I think RA spends more time grooming than I do. :)"

Liar! That all takes about five minutes. But it's lovely.

message 22: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments no way i'm participating in this. i might shave my legs less frequently in the winter than in the summer, but i still shave them. how else am i going to wear a skirt? i use conditioner too, the cheapest i can find. saves me money for some good blades.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Does this have something to do with Movember?

http://au.movember.com/?home

message 24: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Is there an official link to No Shave November? Because I haven't shaved since November 1st, and I'd love to keep my weak-assed beard going, but I need enough ammo against my wife, who vetoes me having a beard. Help!

message 25: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Gail "cyborg" wrote: "Does this have something to do with Movember?

http://au.movember.com/?home"

yuk!

message 26: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I found this, Gus. It's an article that might lead you to something. I haven't found an official link, but apparently No Shave November is supposed to promote awareness of prostate cancer.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog...

message 27: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Thanks, Britt. This is awesome news, because I'm going to throw this in my wife's face as my beard gets wooly, and ask, "What, you want me to get prostate cancer?"

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ok, check this out: last night while laying in bed i mentioned the word crazy. my wife said "i'll tell you what is crazy, YOUR HAIR. what's going on with that? looks like sonic the hedgehog".

so i'm guessing the mohawk is not working for her anymore

message 29: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments Hahaha OMG, Kevin will you please take a picture of it for us...I wanna see!

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments (working on a pic...)

message 31: by Kevin (last edited Nov 08, 2010 02:13PM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments description

this is my punk rock alter ego where i say "RYTE" whenever asked something

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You know what I love about that pic? In some neighborhoods people would probably cross the street to avoid you, while in real life all you would want to do is hug them and maybe ask if they were hungry.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Looks like you plan on joining a wrestling team.

message 34: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I think it needs to grow a few more inches to be classified as sonic the hedgehog like...keep workin the hawk Kev! Thumbs up!

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments RYTE!

message 36: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) K, you need a nose ring or a lip piercing for the look to be complete!

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
Kevin is so cool.

message 38: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Kev, are you wearing those really skinny jeans in red & black plaid too? All the guys are wearing them!

message 39: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments nope. i def don't have the badonk for skinny jeans. if i wore them people would be laughing behind me singing "baby got back". i will say that by thanksgiving all my jeans will look like skinny jeans if i don't cut back on the ice cream