Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

It's Nice to Meet You > Storm Glass - What Would You Create

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
Inspired by our October 2010 Group Read

In Storm Glass the main character, Opal, is a glass blower. She creates mediocre glass animals that pulse with magic, making them beautiful to any magician. Her sister was well known for her life-like glass animals. Others that we meet create vases, orbs, and other items.

If you could (or do) work with glass what would you create? Would your artistic side when out as you focused on the beauty over the functionality of an object? Or, would your logical side when out as you focused on items that would be used instead of looked at?

Where do you fall in the debate between right brain & left brain or fashion over function?

message 2: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I would love to say that I would be artistic and create beautiful pieces that everyone would gaze upon with envy of their beauty. HOWEVER I know me well enough to know that if I spent time on an object I would want to be sure I could use it. I think I would go for vases. That way if it wasn't as well crafted as I'd like to see the flowers could make up the difference. ;)

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Nov 02, 2010 10:34AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I probably start with vases too since I think they'd be easier than say the glass animals! lol However, mine would have fluted edges on top like ruffles that the flowers could rest into and I'd use either colored glass or paint the glass afterwards. I'd love to see a variation in the shades of the color so it was darker on the bottom and lighter as it got nearer the top, if that was possible. I picture it in blueish green. :)

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim (mrsnesbitt) | 77 comments If I could me more creative (and I mean have the picture in my head actually find it's way into the work I intend instead of my usual stick figures) I would love to make stained glass for beads and windows. I would like to do bubbled vases and dishes like for candy and nuts, or plates for serving cakes and such (I am such a baking geek, can you tell? lol).

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Storm Glass (other topics)