Jack Reacher Series discussion

current novel > Worth Dying For

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bru (new)

Bru (brucoder) | 107 comments Mod
All I can say is Wow. Jack Reacher is back and the bad guys better watch out. H'mm body count is somewhere around 11. Might have a new record here, chuckle.

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (wartburgpanda) | 9 comments Just started it but I sure hope he tells us how he got out of that last situation alive - he is sore all over but I want to know details...hope he tells us!

message 3: by Bru (new)

Bru (brucoder) | 107 comments Mod
Hi Kat:

You have to wait to almost the end of the book to find out, but its well worth the wait. ;-)

Hey Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and the pooch.

message 4: by Hapzydeco (new)

Hapzydeco | 5 comments In Worth Dying For not only does Lee Child solve the The Perils of Pauline ending of 61 Hours but Child allows Jack to do what he does best - inflict punishment on bad guys.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (wartburgpanda) | 9 comments I did enjoy it. I think he needs a lady love, I hope he makes it to Virginia next book and does find the lady from the phone. I though he'd hook up with the battered wife in this one.

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Moss | 4 comments Worth Dying For is in my Top 3 Reacher books, falling just below The Hard Way and Killing Floor. Brilliant book.

message 7: by Mimelo (new)

Mimelo | 11 comments This is my favorite one, just a hair above Bad Luck and Trouble. If you ever wanted someone to "get" the character, this is the one to give them.

Stranger in town? CHECK.
Sees injustice, does something about it? CHECK.
Uncovers a mystery, solves it? CHECK.
Leaves some people better than when he found them? CHECK.
Moves on? CHECK.

message 8: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 52 comments To Adam: You and I think a lot alike in our faves.
THE ENEMY is my best fave but WORTH DYING FOR, THE KILLING FLOOR and THE HARD WAY are in my top 6; I have to throw in THE AFFAIR, TRIPWIRE, AND BAD LUCK/TROUBLE. I was going to say, "Is there a BAD Reacher novel but then I didn't like THE WANTED MAN.... just wasn't up to snuff, for me.
To Mimelo, Like your posts. Yep, he does "move on" , and I believe that he always will. IF he didn't buy the settling down thing w/ his love Jodie in RUNNING BLIND , who really didn't want to be part of his "uncivilized life" anyway, he will continue to "right the wrongs" who knows where? Child has created a great character.

message 9: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Hetzel | 52 comments I was wondering.... Child started his Reacher series in 1997 with at least one a year, two one year, so that would be a total of 18 Reacher books and then PERSONAL will be released in Sept. '14. Does anyone know IF Child will keep on keeping on with his Reacher series? Has he ever said in an interview that he has no plans to stop w/ Reacher? OMG, just the thought....