Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Ladies, do you care about mens' shoes?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, twice in the last month I have heard women at work talking about dating and in both conversations I heard the cliche "always look at the shoes the guy is wearing, you can tell a lot."

What the fuck does this mean? Ladies, do you care about what shoes guys wear on dates on in other contexts? What exactly can you tell from them? Let it be known that I don't closely inspect a woman's shoes in any circumstances. I just don't care much, and although I suppose a girl in heels and/or boots can be pretty hot, it's not a deal breaker/maker for me.

Also, if women cared about what shoes I wore throughout my life I'd be fucked (metaphorically, not literally).

Has anyone ever heard this shoe thing before? Comments?

message 2: by Jonathan (last edited Nov 02, 2010 06:37AM) (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Aside from the black oxfords that I wear only at weddings and funerals, these two pairs of shoes get me through most of life:

[image error]

Don't know what message they send about me.

I also have some heavy boots for the occasional storm.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i think women mostly just hope i don't get mud on their carpet from my boots.

message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Women have become obsessed with shoes because they have been sold a mantra I must have expensive shoes with high heels to be worthy of walking on earth.
What utter nonsense.
I would care a lot more about the moral values of a potential mate than what shoes he wore. But if I was in a bar making that evaluation I might not care. If I was picking a potential mate online I couldn't even see his shoes.
So in the scheme of things shoes should not even be on the radar except they can talk shoes when they are really analyzing size of the feet. lol gotcha

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I like a fun pair of shoes, but I don't mark anyone down on their choice of footwear.

message 6: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) if the person is wearing Crocs all the time... :( other than that, the person filling the shoes is much more important.
After years of running and being on my feet all the time, my feet won't tolerate the fun, sexy, high heels so I hope people are not judging me by my shoes. :)

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments If they were very unusual or a really inappropriate match for the outfit, I'd notice, but I don't even notice otherwise. I don't care for crocks on anybody, but that's just me.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uh...i do wear these crocs

http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mens-santa...

but not the croc ones that are dorky

message 9: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) | 664 comments A man's shoes don't matter to me. I do think crocs are hideous and I take issue with men or women wearing Uggs in Southern Friggin' California! My only real girlyness is about shoes but only for me. I don't think less of a person for their choice in shoes.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i also have ugg house slippers

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDe...

man, ya'll be hating

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Neither of those are excessivley ugly, Kevin, but even if they were, it's your right to wear all the ugly shoes you want.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I want to see RA's shoes now.

I think I'd only notice if a guy was wearing some kind of extreme shoe, like pointy toed patent leather.
Actually, a friend of mine was wearing shoes like this, and it was a little off-putting:
[image error]

message 13: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments They'd look better with spats, Jackie.

message 14: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) these are more of what I had in mind.
http://www.crocs.com/crocs-classic/10...
I see people wearing these all year round. These are great gardening shoes because you can hose them off... but seriously with socks and snow on the ground?! Jaimie, I agree, Uggs boots with shorts on a summer day?!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I had a bassist who always wore flip flops and shorts, year round. He's a great musician, but his style was clashing with the rest of ours on stage. I asked him to wear pants for a big show - I know it was at UNC Asheville because I have picture evidence.
He showed up in a pair of harem pants with elephants all over them. Not what I had in mind. I can't even remember what he put on his feet because those damn pants have been seared forevermore into my memory.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Wow, where do you even FIND harem pants with elephants?

message 17: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (jez476) | 664 comments Kevin, those Ugg slippers are fine. I'm talking about people wearing these Uggs in San Diego. It's been driving me nuts as long as I've lived here. I grew up in Philadelphia, where you would need them in the winter, and it's just wrong to me.

Petra - That is exactly what I'm talking about!

message 18: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments so i'm ok being the male imelda marcos of the midwest?

message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uhmmmm....maybe 12 ?

message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments well, there is 13 shoes but 12 rights and lefts that match

message 21: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24360 comments Mod
Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i also have ugg house slippers

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDe...

man, ya'll be hating"

Kevin, you have chosen the least offensive pair of shoes from each line (Crocs and Uggs) so you're okay.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I do always look at a man's shoes, but I don't know that I assign them any more weight than pants, or shirts. Huge turnoff: a man in clogs. (I like some clogs on women, though.) More turnoffs: a man in cowboy boots, unless he's a real cowboy. Ostrich skin shoes. I'm also not a fan of the regular Crocs, unless you're age 5 or under, or are gardening. Thumbs down on:

[image error]

[image error]

I tend to not like anything on a man that screams high fashion or trendy.

message 23: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) LOL! you are right on the money with all of the above....definitely no cowboy boots unless you are a real cowboy.

message 24: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

If they work around cows or horses, they can wear the boots. Bikers, no go unless their bike looks like a horse or cow.

message 25: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I would also include guys who wear Wranglers and listen to country music exclusively... ones who live the cowboy lifestyle year round like my truck driving BIL.

message 26: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) BW, for me it is about someone with the shiny cowboy boots as a fad or a city guy trying to look cool. It would be like me trying to deliver mail in 4" heels. I guess trying to be something your not is what annoys me.

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments My shoes:

Photobucket

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm waiting for your dog to jump up and start drinking out of that cup, or maybe flip through that copy of The Lovely Bones there...

message 29: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Also, are those your shoes on the kitchen table?

message 30: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heh. That's not The Lovely Bones! That's The Unnamed. And this is the kitchen island, which the dogs cannot scale, luckily, unlike the dining room table...

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Also, are those your shoes on the kitchen table?"

Just temporarily, for the picture...

message 32: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "Also, are those your shoes on the kitchen table?"

Just temporarily, for the picture..."

Ok, just, if we're going to vote on whether you should sponge off the island once the shoes are gone, I vote yes.

message 33: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

You live in Wisconsin and don't have a pair of snow boots?

message 34: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) if it was a video the dog would appear!

message 35: by Jackie "the Librarian" (last edited Nov 02, 2010 05:01PM) (new)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "My shoes:

"

Those are acceptable shoes. I am not off-put one bit.

My current shoes:

message 36: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (bonfiggi) I know those shoes Jackie. They are Nucky's shoes from "Boardwalk Empire."
If I saw a man wearing a fine pair of Fluevogs, I'd be favorably impressed.

message 37: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Shoe trees, RA. You need shoe trees.

message 38: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Jackie, those socks look like the ones in Smelly Socks.

message 39: by janine (last edited Nov 03, 2010 04:16AM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments from my archives:

i don't own any men's shoes.

it should be men's right, not mens'? RA's thread title is confusing me.

message 40: by RandomAnthony (last edited Nov 03, 2010 05:21AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Damn. The Dutch are correcting my grammar.

I don't need a shoe tree just yet, Larry. I put them on the front porch in a nice, neat row. But if I moved to a condo, like you, sure, I'd go with a shoe tree. And those black things on the top are pots, Buns, holding plants:)

I almost never shine my shoes. Oh, and LG, those shoes on the right are waterproof Cabela's hiking shoes, so they work in the snow.

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments [image error]

here are my shoes (since RA already showed his)

message 42: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...that made me spit out tea...

message 43: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I love Janine's second from the bottom shoes, by the way.

message 44: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments janine wrote: "i don't own any men's shoes."

Aren't Converse All-Stars basically unisex--same shoe for men and women?

Yes, it should be "men's" in the thread title, scherpziende lezer.

message 45: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) lmao

message 46: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments sometimes hard to cram a size 12 foot wearing a heavy wool sock into a size 8 gold lame pump

message 47: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) just ditch the socks and wear the thigh high stockings

message 48: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments Not on a first date.

message 49: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments c'mon petra, that would be sorta girly wouldn't it?

message 50: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments If the shoe fits Kev :-)

« previous 1 3 4