Cult Books & Miscellaneous discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 86 comments Mod
I also love cult films, so this is the place to share the cult fims you love, and to give recommendations.

message 2: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 86 comments Mod
I was thinking also that if people would be interested we could have a cult fim of the month. Obviously our main focus would be cult books, but for extra discussion we could nominate a cult film, and then throughout the month watch and dicuss it.

Let me know what you think and if you would be interested in doing this.

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 86 comments Mod
Was wondering if anyone else was a fan of the Coen brothers, my favourites are Big Lebowski, Fargo, Raising Arizona, O Brother Where Art Thou, Hudsucker Proxy.
I've had mixed feelings about their recent stuff, Burn After Reading, was good, but it seemed a bit more mainstream than usual and I couldn't really connect with it.
I liked A Simple Man, but again didn't really grab me as others of their's have, and the ending was one of those abrupt unresolved ones, and whilst I kinda get it was fitting to the tone of the movie, I don't like endings like that.

Thoughts, anyone?

message 4: by Auntie (new)

Auntie Raye-Raye (fabulousraye) I'm not a big fan of them. I did enjoy "Big Lebowski" and "O Brother Where Art Thou".

I'm more into John Waters films and the documentary of Grey Gardens.

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice | 84 comments Mod
The Coen brothers are very hit or miss with me. O Brother, Miller's Crossing and No Country for Old Men are some of my favorites.

With it just having been Halloween one of my favorite Cult films was just making the rounds- Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's one that is most definitely love it or hate it.

message 6: by Stefani (new)

Stefani | 2 comments Yes! Love the Cohen brothers and their use of dark humor.