Persephone Books discussion

Greenery Street > Greenery Street

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina | 321 comments Mod
Is anyone done with this one yet? I thought it was really funny! Many of the books we've read lately have been pretty serious, so this was a nice change of pace.
The narrator reminded me of the narrator on Arrested Development...he/she had their own personality and had a certain bias, which was very humorous at times!
I enjoyed the description of books in the Fosters' bookshelves on page 146 - as a reader, what do you think this collection of books says about them as people?
Were there any social aspects of the book that you found interesting?
Do you think Felicity and Ian will be living on Greenery Street for much longer??

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenlibrarian13) | 26 comments I just finished it last week and I really enjoyed it. At first I thought Felicity was really shallow, but I grew to like the story. I like your description of the narrator. I did like how Felicity would get books for Ian that he claimed not to like but then he devoured. I always enjoy reading about other readers -- I'll have to look and see which ones are real books.

I really liked Felicity's relationship with her sister and brother-in-law. And the ending really surprised me -- not what I expected at all.

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (digifish_books) | 41 comments I'm about a third of the way into the book. Pretty cute and I find it pretty amusing when the narrator cuts in :)