Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Historical Fiction

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Nov 01, 2010 06:58PM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
So many of us, I find read Historical fiction as well.. Any great reads to recommend?

message 2: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I like historical fiction

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Me too.. I find I am leaning a little more towards that way lately.. I will always Love Historical romance.. But I find I have been branching out.

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I like to read multiple generes and alternating between them, I prefer more mindless stuff right after school after all the 'interletual' reading I have to do for school.

message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

No doubt.. I would too if I were in your shoes.

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments it helps my mind, and no one's personality is one diminesional as i say

message 7: by Leea (new)

Leea Okay i read this a while back and it's very good with some romance. The author builds these characters so you cannot help but love them!!

The White Mare
The Dawn Stag
Song of the North

message 8: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Good to know.. I own all 3... Lol. Bought 'em on one of my MANY buying frenzies.. AKA.. 'Book Buying Spree to Induce Mental Stability', Or BBSIMS...

But I haven't read them yet. I prefer romance on some level of anything I read anyways.. Keeps it interesting.

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I like a little romance, but I don't want full romancantic fluff with close to no plot, I like balances.

message 10: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I find I am with you on that one Ottie, I need some grit, suspense, mystery, history, humor, etc etc.. And a damn good story.. But I like when it centres areound a love story.

message 11: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oh and great dialogue.. I need great dialogue.

message 12: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments Leea wrote: "Okay i read this a while back and it's very good with some romance. The author builds these characters so you cannot help but love them!!

The White Mare
[book:The Dawn Stag|298..."

Leea, have you read Jules Watson's other book, The Swan Maiden! It was an excellent read.

message 13: by Leea (new)

Leea Oh I was just Looking at that book on my book shelf today. So I should read it. Her books are are so good but emotional.

message 14: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 76 comments You should! I thought it was excellent!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 16 comments I think it depends what type of Historical fiction you prefer. Me? I love Highlanders :D
But if you're looking for something more like the elegance of the Regency, go with Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake best Historical of the year, IMO.

message 16: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments OK!! ;0)

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 160 comments Laura 'Highland Hussy' wrote: "I think it depends what type of Historical fiction you prefer. Me? I love Highlanders :D
But if you're looking for something more like the elegance of the Regency, go with [book:Nine Rules to Break..."

Laura I LOVED Nine Rules!!! I'm still waiting to read the latest one :( I have to get through my mountain of library holds before I can touch the books I OWN!! LOL

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 16 comments Lol. I know the feeling!! You'll love Ten Ways. Nick was a great great hero!