Gone With the Wind Fans discussion

Book-of-the-Month > Our Own Member's Book!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 110 comments Mod
One of the members of our group, Ellen, has an upcoming book about GWTW entitled Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood. It's coming out in February, so perhaps this should be our group read after Gone with the Wind? Regardless, we should all support Ellen and get ourselves a copy come Valentine's day! :)

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 110 comments Mod
Ellen wrote: "I'm happy to be a part of the group and look forward to lots of good discussions. Another book you might want to consider is The Heroine’s Bookshelf, a new release about female heroines. Includes..."

Ha, ha! I love the title of your blog article; and the picture of Vivien Leigh fits perfectly.

I definitely agree with you on Mitchell being the most misunderstood and under appreciated American author. So true.

Thanks for sharing!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) i love gone with the wind! i have read it FIVE times! once a year since eighth grade! if anyone wants to talk about it--really talk about it, you know, not the "oh i think it was good kbye" stuff, then friend me and we can talk!!

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 110 comments Mod
Hey hey hey! I just ordered my copy of your book, Ellen. I'll tell you what I think as soon as it comes in and I can read it. :)

message 6: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Brown (ellenfbrown) | 16 comments I can't wait to hear what you think. I just found out that books are already shipping from some vendors so you should get it quickly. Happy reading!

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 110 comments Mod
Thanks, Ellen. My copy just came in the mail. I have a couple of books to finish, but as soon as I start yours, I'll let you know. I did skim through it last night, and it looks very interesting. Great work!

message 8: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Brown (ellenfbrown) | 16 comments Thanks, Lara!