The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Another Newbie girl....

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jul 19, 2008 07:03AM) (new)

Heather (pheather) Hello all! I wanted to introduce myself even though I actually joined the group a couple of weeks ago. I like to "lurk" in a group to get a feel for it before I commit to staying.

I am a SAHM of 2 little boys (ages 2 1/2 and 4) and I read to keep my sanity. I read from all fiction genres: historical, romance, fantasy, sci-fi, chick-lit, christian, classics, mystery and even young adult. I seem to read in spurts and phases. I'm just finishing my fantasy phase (according to my hubby who recently commented "Why so much fantasy these days?") and before that I read almost all of Jane Austen (again!). Right now I'm reading a chick-lit that doesn't require much thought.

I love book clubs because I love the idea of everyone reading the same book and then talking (possibly disagreeing) about the book. I look forward to our next book and I have already made my nomination. I also enjoy the games that Lori has started and I posted one in first lines, hoping to stump someone.

Look forward to chatting with everyone.

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Welcome "officially" to the group, Heather!

BTW, I love your avatar. Very cool.

message 3: by ScottK (last edited Jul 18, 2008 03:49PM) (new)

ScottK | 535 comments ok shine a bit of light on my ignorance what is a SATM? Similar to stay at home mom? Although that would be SAHM. Oh yeah, also as your shining light into my ignorance Welcome and be prepared to be addicted!

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) The "T" and the "H" are fairly close on the keyboard...?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome, Heather.

message 6: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) ;o) Hola!

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Welcome!

message 8: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Hello from another "newbie". I joined the 1001 books to read before you die group, and I saw this one and it looks like my kind of group! I love all kinds of books and am so excited about this group!

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa  (tsorrels) Hi Ann! Welcome to the group!

message 10: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Howdy Ann!! Well here at TNBBC our goal is to have your TBR list multiply ike bunnies until you feel that there is something wrong with you. As you are driving past a bookstore you will have an overwhelming desire just to "Pop in" and see if you can find one from your list ....then you will walk out with 5 or 6 extra. YAY for you.

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (pheather) it is stay at home mom, i was just typing to fast for my fingers to follow!

message 12: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) **LOL** Scott you make me laugh! ... Sadly, though that's exactly what happened to me ... LOL

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Welcome :)

message 14: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Welcome Ann and Heather!

message 15: by Ann from S.C. (new)

Ann from S.C. | 1395 comments Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am also a SAHM...or SATM... or just a crazy woman who stays home with her 12 and 9 year old sons. So I have lots of time to sit on my front porch and induldge in my favorite passtime. I live in a small town with no (gasp!) Books of Million, or Barns and Noble... But we do have a great library, and I do love to visit our local small bookstore. Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!

message 16: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyreadsandcreates) | 610 comments Welcome Heather and Ann!

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather (pheather) Thanks everyone for your welcome wishes!!

message 18: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Welcome Heather and Ann
Sorry for the late hello.. I work too much on the weekends. The great payoff is 4 days off during the week tho :)

Im glad you both found your way here. We tend to think we are the greatest group around.. hee hee.

And listen to Scott. He pretty much covered it all.