Unlocking Books discussion

All About You > Introductions! Come say Hi!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) | 41 comments Mod
Hey everyone, my name is Kyle. Can't wait to discuss books and the like with everyone!

:)

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) | 61 comments Hi Kyle! I think we haven't had a lot of traffic here because many people have not yet read Unlocked.

What would happen if we put up some selected stories -- one at a time -- with an intro, if needed. Then maybe conduct a sort of trivia quiz for the readers with a copy of Unlocked as prize?

Just a thought. There might be other ideas...

message 3: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (last edited Oct 31, 2010 08:36PM) (new)

I'm just slowly making updates to the group, slowly turning into a YA book club but that's definitely a good idea for marketing Unlocked Jeanne!

message 4: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments Hi. I'm nasuesue, and I like your book.

message 5: by Wendy, Goddess of the Corn (new)

Wendy (wendyswore) | 56 comments Mod
Hey Nasuesue! Welcome! I'm glad you liked it. :)

message 6: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (new)

So glad you liked it Nasuesue! :)

message 7: by Rita, Busy Bee (last edited Nov 01, 2010 05:10PM) (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 351 comments Mod
Welcome, Nasuesue. Can you tell us what your name means? I really like it. I like the way it rolls off my tongue.

message 8: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments In an article I read, they had a code for dragon language. That translates to my real name...which I can't tell you. ;p

I'm also not allowed to friend people I don't know in Real life, but thank you for the invitation Kyle, We can be buddies here in the group!

message 9: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (new)

Oh, my bad Nasuesue! No problem :)

message 10: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments Yay! I'm glad you're cool with that. :)

message 11: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments By the way, Kyle, Shoshanna was the best one in the book. I liked how it had mythological creatures- sort of- there were winged beings and cat people. That is my favorite part.

message 12: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (new)

Thank you so much! You don't know how good that feels to have you say that. You just made my day/week Nasuesue!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

message 13: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments What time are you usually on this? Kyle?

message 14: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments I will be gone for a few days. I'll check back in this weekend! Bye everybody. See you soon!

message 15: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Carrière (smcarriere) | 43 comments Book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. A good read. Not your typical fantasy, quite dark and intriguing. I've been on this one a while. I haven't been reading in a while. I'll get back on it as soon as I finish this current project of mine.

message 16: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (new)

Me? I'm on here kind of sporadically but anytime after 330 central to midnight during the week I'll periodically hop online haha

message 17: by Makani (new)

Makani | 54 comments Hi I'm Makani

message 18: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) | 61 comments Hi Makani. It's good to see you here! What do you like to read?

message 19: by Rita, Busy Bee (new)

Hi Makani! Welcome to Unlocking Books. You can set up your own folder to talk about what your reading and / or writing. Hope you like it here.

message 20: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments Hi Makini welcome to Goodreads! hope you like it here!

message 21: by Makani (new)

Makani | 54 comments Science nonfiction

message 22: by Makani (new)

Makani | 54 comments Rita wrote: "Hi Makani! Welcome to Unlocking Books. You can set up your own folder to talk about what your reading and / or writing. Hope you like it here."

How??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

message 23: by Makani (new)

Makani | 54 comments Jeanne wrote: "Hi Kyle! I think we haven't had a lot of traffic here because many people have not yet read Unlocked.

What would happen if we put up some selected stories -- one at a time -- with an intro, if ne..."

Hmm cool idea!!!!

message 24: by Nasuesue (new)

Nasuesue | 28 comments Hey, Makani, that is a lot of ? marks! :)

message 25: by Ebehi (new)

Ebehi (hardlysimilar) | 8 comments Hi Everyone!

message 26: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Carrière (smcarriere) | 43 comments Hi V.E.! Welcome, welcome. Make yourself at home.

message 27: by Rita, Busy Bee (new)

Hi, V.E. Would you like some freshly baked cookies? Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Raisin and Monster Cookies with M & M's and bits of carmel.

Honestly, they're not addictive at all.

message 28: by Ebehi (new)

Ebehi (hardlysimilar) | 8 comments haha thanks! But you can't promise me that they're not addictive. Cookie = addiction in my dictionary and I had tumbled into many many cookie comas in my not-very-long lifetime. But I'll have some anyway. With extra frosting please!

message 29: by Rita, Busy Bee (new)

My favorite childhood cookie was these pumpkin cookies my mother made with a sugar glaze on top, but the monster cookies with chocoloate chips, M&M's, and carmel were a close second.

message 30: by Alice (new)

Alice Yeh (stimulatedoutlet) | 2 comments Hi! I was a little confused when I stumbled across this group, but it seems like a fun place to be. Just signed up to follow the blog, too :)

message 31: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Carrière (smcarriere) | 43 comments Welcome Alice! I do hope you have fun here!

message 32: by Rita, Busy Bee (new)

Hi Alice! Welcome to our book group.

message 33: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeanne_voelker) | 61 comments Hi Alice, and welcome. I looked at your pencil sketches and I like them a lot.

message 34: by Alice (new)

Alice Yeh (stimulatedoutlet) | 2 comments Thanks, Jeanne :) Thanks to SM and Rita, too, for the warm welcome.

message 35: by Makani (last edited Feb 03, 2011 04:46PM) (new)

Makani | 54 comments Yeah, Nasuesue

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I did this totally backwards, but hello! Nice to be here.

message 37: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Carrière (smcarriere) | 43 comments It's lovely to meet you Stephanie!

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) :)

message 39: by Rita, Busy Bee (last edited Feb 11, 2011 06:56AM) (new)

Stephanie, I'm so glad you came!

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) This is a neat place you've got here.

message 41: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Sicoe (veronicasicoe) Hello! This looks like a fun place - Rita, can I have some of those Monster Cookies? Pretty please?

message 42: by Rita, Busy Bee (new)

Welcome, Xari! And I have plenty of Monster Cookies to go around. In fact, you can have five.

message 43: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Sicoe (veronicasicoe) Wow! Thank you *munch* so much *munch* Rita!

message 44: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hi, everyone! Welcome to Goodreads!!

message 45: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Carrière (smcarriere) | 43 comments Hi Ace! Glad you could join us. I hope you enjoy the anthology!

message 46: by Kyle, The Damned Yankee (new)

Hi, Ace! It's nice to have you as an addition to our group! I hope you enjoy Unlocked!

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Welcome, Ace!

message 48: by Rita, Busy Bee (new)

Hi, Ace! I hope you enjoy Unlocked. It was a fun project, and this group was born out of that.

Story-weaver. I like that term. Mind if I steal it?

message 49: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Hello and welcome, Ace!

message 50: by Mastertswore (new)

Mastertswore | 3 comments Hi! I'm nasuesue's brother. THis is my first group. How are you?

« previous 1