Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's october reads

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3793 comments i had a really good month!
The Babysitter's Code- laura lipman (short story)
Rescue: A Novel-anita shreve
Worth Dying For-lee child
Moonlight Mile-dennis lehane
The Reversal-connelly
Bad Blood-john sandford
On the Line: A Bill Smith/Lydia Chin Novel-rozan

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14983 comments Sherry:
Yes you did! I am really looking forward to the Michael Connelly, Dennis Lehane and Lee Child books! I haven't decided whether to request Bad Blood yet.
Sherry wrote: "i had a really good month!"

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments I really want to read The Reversal and On the Line!

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Sherry, I can't find my copy of Moonlight Mile. Can you believe it?

Glad you had such a good month.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14983 comments What! Good luck finding it!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry, I can't find my copy of Moonlight Mile. Can you believe it?"

message 6: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Wow - Sherry! Looks like you hit the jackpot this month. Were they all super?

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments Should I be rushing over for Moonlight Mile?

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3793 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry, I can't find my copy of Moonlight Mile. Can you believe it?

Glad you had such a good month."

omg, i can't. it will turn up when you least expect it.
barry is coming to get mine sometime this week. when he finishes, if you haven't found yours yet, he can send you mine. my sister can read it when you finish.

message 9: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments better attach a routing slip.

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3793 comments Marcy wrote: "Wow - Sherry! Looks like you hit the jackpot this month. Were they all super?"

marcy-
they all WERE really good!
i was a little hesitant to read the shreve- her last one- A Change in Altitude- was a huge disappointment to me. i kept thinking it was called change in attitude and was waiting for the change to happen..lol. Rescue: A Novel was great.

message 11: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I know what you mean about Shreve. I loved her Pilot's Wife and The Weight of Water, but remember being disappointed by others. Rescue sounds good!

message 12: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments Looking forward to MOONLIGHT MILE!

message 13: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Sherry wrote: "
barry is coming to get mine sometime this week. when he finishes, if you haven't found yours yet, he can send you mine. my sister can read it when you finish. ..."

Oh geez. That means I have to be nice to Barry, for, like, a whole week. I don't know if I can.

message 14: by Ann (last edited Nov 01, 2010 05:21AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14983 comments Carol:
Or you can tear the house upside down looking for your copy of Moonlight Mile! ;)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Oh geez. That means I have to be nice to Barry, for, like, a whole week. I don't know if I can. ."

message 15: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Ann wrote: "Carol:
Or you can tear them house upside down looking for your copy of Moonlight Mile! ;)
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Oh geez. That means I have to be nice to Barry, for, like, a whole week. I don't know..."

Oh yeah, right! The problem is, I'm afraid I left it somewhere, I've already torn the house upside down! Well, looked in stacks and piles anyway.

message 16: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Sherry wrote: "i had a really good month!
The Babysitter's Code- laura lipman (short story)
Rescue: A Novel-anita shreve
Worth Dying For-lee child
[book:Moonlight..."

You had some good reads this month.

message 17: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments Oh geez. That means I have to be nice to Barry, for, like, a whole week. I don't know if I can. ...
I'm going to have to savor this one. (email me with the shipping address)