SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > Win any books lately? (Not through goodreads)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
Have you won any books lately?

If so, tell us about it, and where?

message 2: by Crusader (new)

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2453 comments Mod
A while back I posted about Neal Asher's bookmark competition.

Yesterday I got an email from him saying that I had won the competition! For the first time I actually won something.

I'm not sure exactly what the prize entails, but if I understood things it's a hamper of signed editions of his books.

Will keep you guys updated when they arrive. Let's hope the postal service doesn't fail me when I finally got lucky.

message 3: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
That's great!

message 4: by Crusader (new)

Yeah it is. Although I've got a small problem. I ordered about 5 of his novels just before entering the competition, in all likelihood I'm going to end up with duplicates now.

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
:(

Maybe time for a giveaway :)

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith That's fantastic Crusader, well done! You designed some really great bookmarks.
Even if you end up with duplicates, you can obviously keep the signed copies and sell or give away the others.

message 7: by Crusader (new)

Yeah, that's true. I'll have to see what I get then I can perhaps sell the duplicates to finance purchasing the rest of his work.

I already blew my book budget for the year!

message 8: by Crusader (last edited Jan 03, 2011 12:31PM) (new)

Someone posted this pic of their kid with one of Neal Asher's books on Facebook. Note the bookmark, which is one of mine!

[image error]

message 9: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
That is awesome!

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
Wow Crusader, Congrats!!

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Yay, just won two books from Angry Robot!
Morlock Night by K.W. Jeter and Infernal Devices by K.W. Jeter

They ran a random competition on Friday - to enter you had to tell them a joke (via email) and they gave books to the first 4 people to enter from different countries, as well as one for the best joke. I figured I'd have a good chance as a South African, and I was right :)

You can check out the jokes and the competition here: http://angryrobotbooks.com

message 12: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
That's awesome! Congratz :)

message 13: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments I won a book from Fantasybookcafe.com!

The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead

I have an audiobook of this, but I prefer reading to listening. Crossing my fingers that this one won't get lost like the previous book I won.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Congrats :) I hope it arrives!

message 15: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
Congratz!

message 16: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments Just a post to say I got my book, The Skin Map, and it's a beautiful hardback with oddly trimmed pages - they form a zigzag pattern if viewed from the side. Squuee =)

message 17: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12659 comments Mod
Awesome!

message 18: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Kahlan wrote: "Just a post to say I got my book, The Skin Map, and it's a beautiful hardback with oddly trimmed pages - they form a zigzag pattern if viewed from the side. Squuee =)"

Ooh, I love it when the pages are cut like that; I've got a couple.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I never win anything :(
I did enter a few tho, so lets hope for the best hey?