What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: Red Haired girl who needs a haircut [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mcdonald | 6 comments This book was in the school library in the 70's. A girl with bright red hair refuses to get her hair cut. Her bangs are always hanging over her eyes. When she finally gets a haircut, she is amazed that she can actually see the world. She is sitting in a branch of a tree, and is amazed at the beauty of the birds, clouds, etc...

message 2: by Christie (new)

Christie | 8 comments Mop Top by Don Freeman? That was about a boy (a ginger), however, and was published in the 50s. I've not read it, but it does sound similar.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mcdonald | 6 comments Thanks for the response...but that not the book :(

message 4: by Christie (new)

Christie | 8 comments Could it be "Firebrand, Push Your Hair Out of Your Eyes" by Natalie Scott, illustrated by Sandra Smith? It appears to have been published in 1969. The summary I found online was "a little girl refused to push the hair out of her eyes until she discovered she missed seeing many things." Sounds like something to look into. :)

Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides (upsight) | 289 comments Firebrand: Push Your Hair Out of Your Eyes - here's the book on Goodreads, in case it helps.

Sadly, it looks like my library system once had this but has weeded it from the collection. If needed, I hope you can find a copy to check! :)

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mcdonald | 6 comments Yeah!!!
Mystery solved. Thanks so much violet and nikki. I've been trying to solve this on a bookstumper website for over a year. I'll see if I can find the book on ebay.
Have a great day :)