The Keys To The Kingdom discussion

Related Books

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Hey guys! I am a big fan of this series and i am trying to look for books similar the the Key to the Kingdom. Like anything about alternate dimentions and fantasy. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Have you red Shade's Children great Nix book.

Percy Jackson

All I can think off of my head.

message 3: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments I read percy jackson. It was ok but i found it predictable.

OMG shades childre sounds soooo cool. I wanna read it now :)

message 4: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Amazing book

What about Epic ?

message 5: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Ooooo i think i saw a movie kinda like that. coolness!

message 6: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Similar story to keys to the kingdom = my life

lol. today I fainted in front of half my whole school year level. and I honestly felt like I was going to die. Thankfully, everything's okay.... but you never know what might happen ;)

message 7: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I hope your doing better.

message 8: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Omg :o. What happened?! R u okay?! How r u feeling?!

message 9: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Sorry. Havent been on goodreads in ages. Yeah, i guess im better now. I guess i fainted due to heat and dehydration. I sorta felt like that today. I hope it doesnt happen again. Its the scariest thing thats happened to me in a while ( i have fainted before ) .

message 10: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I've done the same thing. It's very scary to go out without wanting too.

message 11: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments I have fainted also due to my allergy to cats just recently and it was so embarassing!!!!
I stopped breathing right in front of my like super cute 17 yr old neighbor. I was over @ his house cuz he helps me w/homewokj and he has cats.
Well i just passed out and hit the floor and he FREAKED OUT!! I was so embarassed cuz he carried me outside and did mouth to mouth. I woke up w/his lips pressed to mine and he started crying out of relif.

Now he is more careful and gentle with me.

message 12: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Glad u r okay UTK ed <3

message 13: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Kezia wrote: "I have fainted also due to my allergy to cats just recently and it was so embarassing!!!!
I stopped breathing right in front of my like super cute 17 yr old neighbor. I was over @ his house cuz h..."

You are really that alleric to cats?

message 14: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Yup sadly :(.
I am severly allergic and, like what happened with my neighbor, my wind pipe ill swell and i stop breathing. But if i take my medication i will only get a rash and a bad cough.

Good thing my neighbor is training to be an EMT cuz if he had not done mouth to mouth......well lets just say i wouldnt be here talking to u guys.

message 15: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Kezia wrote: "Yup sadly :(.
I am severly allergic and, like what happened with my neighbor, my wind pipe ill swell and i stop breathing. But if i take my medication i will only get a rash and a bad cough.

Goo..."

That good, because I would miss you. Is that the guy who is an Eagle scout?

message 16: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Yup :)!!! He wants to be neurologist too so hes like my role model.

message 17: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Cool :)

message 18: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Yup :). So utk ed hows it going? :D

message 19: by Utkarsh (last edited Dec 03, 2010 03:07AM) (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments I finally finished the school year =)
Im still quite scared and paranoid about fainting as there were three or four times this week where i felt as though i was gonna faint. I think im starting to learn whats triggering this to happen, such as hot temperatures, uncomfortable clothing, crowded areas, dehydration and stuffy uncomfortable rooms. Luckily im going overseas on holiday in a few days time. Finally ill get some time to read :) i havent been reading lataly due to stress/fatigue that causes me to sleep when i get home from school (which messes up my sleep patterns) But now that school's over, ill try to fix things up and live normally again and read more often. And how are you guys, keiza and dragonrider?

message 20: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Nothing much, school, homework, the usual. I do become an Eagle Scout this Sunday.

message 21: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Cool! I wish i could do scouts, but i dont know if thats possible at the moment.

message 22: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Im good :). I just turned in my last project for 2010 on friday so i iz super happy!!!!! I have final exams these last two weeks though so i gotta study. I am so glad to be over with the first half of 10th grade.

message 23: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Good luck.

Uber smile =D

message 24: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Thanks DR!! =D

Do either of u guys take finals @ ur schools?

message 25: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I have my at the end of the year, but most of them are not a big deal.

message 26: by tom (new)

tom | 177 comments Mod
been away for a while

message 27: by Utkarsh (last edited Dec 07, 2010 02:46AM) (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments School works differently here in Australia. You start your grade at the start of the year, and finish at the end of the year. I just finished my 10th grade, or year 10 as they call it. Next year, I'll be doing year 11. Once I finish year 11 and 12, I'll go to university to do my bachelor's degree for 3 years and then my master's degree for 2 years, and hopefully after all these years of education, I'll get into my dream job: urban design & planning.

I dont know what you mean by finals, but we get mid-year and end-of-year exams for year 8 to 12. I just had my end of year exams for year 10, and they were pretty good. As usual, my math and english scores sucked, but my humanities and science scores were excellent.

Next year I'll get to do exams in subjects that i chose: they are history, english, math, psychology, physics and graphics.

message 28: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Sorry i havent been on in forever cuz of school stuff. Yeah UTK Ed, they r mid yr exams cuz we start in the fall. But us students call them finals because it is the 'final' test of the semester. I started taking them in 8th grade cuz i took 3 high school level classes that yr. But those were only for health, intergrated pyshics & chemisty(IPC), and algebra 1. Now, in high school i take them for all of my classes. And they r REALLY a big deal cuz they r 20% of our grade. Science was a breeze and so was history but i had to study for algebra II and english. Those always give me trouble :(

message 29: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I'm glad your back :)

message 30: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Yeah good to be back!! :)
It feels weird to not have been on in a long time
So what r all u guys doing over the holidays?

message 31: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I'm just going to be with my family.

message 32: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments cools B) i have a huge family so it is always fun

message 33: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments I don't think I've read any series or novels as unique a Keys to the Kingdom that have relevance to some of the concept this series introduces.

I think Keys to the Kingdom is quite a realistic series because of the concepts it discusses, like Nothing, the Secondary Realms and things like that.

Quite a fascinating explanation of how the universe works.

message 34: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments Wait... how is Nothing realistic? I can see how secondary realms is cus of worm holes and stuff, but Nothing???

message 35: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Think of Nothing as antimatter.
I'm not sure if you've learnt this in science yet,
but in the beginning of time (the big bang) particles of matter and anti-matter colided and stuff to expand the universe. And if you think about it, where do black holes lead to, you know? Nothing is a possible explanation. Where will the universe end up in a few billion years time? Nothing.

message 36: by Utkarsh (last edited May 14, 2011 08:50PM) (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments And what was there before the universe was created?
Nothing.

If you're religious, you could think of God as the Architect who moulded Nothing into creation.

message 37: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments I also find the House quite interesting. The purpose of the House is to record information about the Secondary Realms, the place in which we live in. And it all sort of makes sense if you think about it. Everything in life, and I mean EVERYTHING is all information.

message 38: by Dragonrider (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments U|t|k Ed wrote: "I also find the House quite interesting. The purpose of the House is to record information about the Secondary Realms, the place in which we live in. And it all sort of makes sense if you think abo..."

Also information is power.

message 39: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments True that DR. Information is power.

message 40: by Dragonrider (last edited May 18, 2011 01:49PM) (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments Also since the the House is the bureaucracy of the House and the Architectis the lawmakers, who is the judge?

message 41: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Dragonrider wrote: "Also since the the House is the bureaucracy of the House and the Archiet is the lawmakers, who is the judge?"

I don't understand what you meant to ask because your question made no sense at all. Could you re-word it?

message 42: by Dragonrider (last edited May 18, 2011 01:51PM) (new)

Dragonrider | 61 comments I'm pretty sure your government is the same as our's. In the Untied States we have three branches of government. The Legislative branch(law makers), the Executive branch( people who make sure the law is followed), and the Judicial branch(the one who decides what the law means. Since the House is the Executive and the Architect is the Legislative . Who decides what the law means or who judges the wrongdoers?

message 43: by Kezia (new)

Kezia  (kangelofpeacel) | 57 comments U|t|k Ed wrote: "Think of Nothing as antimatter.
but in the beginning of time (the big bang) particles of matter and anti-matter colided and stuff to expand the un..."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! duh :P Yeah i gets it now.

message 44: by Utkarsh (last edited May 18, 2011 11:11PM) (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Kezia *Angel of Peace* wrote: "U|t|k Ed wrote: "Think of Nothing as antimatter.
but in the beginning of time (the big bang) particles of matter and anti-matter colided and stu..."

Yep. Years of learning astronomy as a personal interest really helped me in relating it to the series. Kezia is everything alright? You haven't sent me a PM in a while. I just wanted to make sure you're okay.

Dragonrider wrote: "I'm pretty sure your government is the same as our's. In the Untied States we have three branches of government. The Legislative branch(law makers), the Executive branch( people who make sure the l..."

Ohhhh.... so that's what you meant. Uhmm... I'm not exactly sure how the structure works in my government, but the House is the Architect's work, so obviously it works however way She wants it to.

In Australia, you've got 3 forms of government. Federal, State and Local Area. And it's mainly the State and Federal governments who do all that judicial, legislative stuff that I don't know much about.

Governance in the House works like this.
You have A king (eg. The Architect, Arthur, Dame Primus) who rules everything (the 7 realms of the House). Then you have the Trustees who take care of one of 7 realms of the House. And you've got the trustees' deputies (or whatever you may call them) who are Dawn, Noon and Dusk. And any figure below them are other important Superior Denizens of high ranking. This is exactly (or very similar to) Medieval Hierarchy.

message 45: by Utkarsh (new)

Utkarsh (utkes) | 83 comments Dragonrider wrote: "I'm pretty sure your government is the same as our's. In the Untied States we have three branches of government. The Legislative branch(law makers), the Executive branch( people who make sure the l..."

Hey wait....
Now I know. Before the Architect left, there must've been Denizens in the House who made sure there was no inteference and breaking of the Law. They might've been the Trustees, or their Dawns, Noons, and Dusks, or high ranking Superior Denizens.

But I'm thinking it's not either of them. You know the start of Mister Monday where the inspector releases the Will? What about those 2 men who took the inspector? Who were they? Did they work for the Architect? Maybe this might answer your question. I'm thinking THEY were the type of denizens who enforced the Law in the House

Maybe those types of dudes were in hiding. Maybe they were prominent figures in the House until the Architect left.