Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > Calling all Amish fiction fans – Take a survey for a chance to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 1 comments Thank you for your interest in an Amish fiction survey. Your opinions are very important.

This survey will take you about 15 minutes and you'll chance to win a $50 American Express gift card upon completion.

All participants must be over the age of 18. By clicking on the survey, you certify you meet this requirement. Answers by those under the age of 18 will be excluded in the study.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8GWFMQH

All information you provide is kept confidential and is used for research purposes only. This research will help advance the study of Amish fiction and its readers.

Participation in this study is voluntary; refusal to participate will involve no penalty. You may discontinue participation at any time without penalty.
Number of participants sought to be included in study: 500.

This research is a part of a graduate level study conducted by Mandy Mullinix in conjunction with Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, TN. Any questions or problems regarding this study can be directed to Mandy Mullinix via email at mandymullinix@hotmail.com or Dr. Frank Parcells at ParcellsF@APSU.edu

INFORMED CONSENT STATEMENT

“Bonnet Books” and Their Readers – Exploring the Uses and Gratifications of Amish Fiction

INTRODUCTION

The Department of Communications at Austin Peay State University supports the practice of protection for human subjects participating in research. The following information is provided to help you decide whether you wish to participate in the present study. You retain the right to refuse to sign this form and not participate in this study. You should be aware that even if you consent to participate in this study, you may withdraw from this study at any time without consequence. If you choose to withdraw from this study, it will not affect your relationship with this department, the services it may provide to you, or Austin Peay State University.

PURPOSE
The purpose of this study is to examine communication theories used in the studies of the traditional romance genre and apply them to Amish fiction readers to see how many similarities and differences there are between the two types of readers. This will also be one of the first academic research projects to focus on Amish fiction readers.

PROCEDURES

You will be asked to complete an online survey that should require a time commitment of nothing greater than 15 minutes.

RISKS

Minimal to no risks are expected as a result of participation. This survey is done online and can be completed at a time and place that is beneficial for the participant.

BENEFITS

Helping advance the study of Amish fiction and its readers.

COMPENSATION

Each person who submits a survey is entitled to an entry to win one $50 American Express Gift Card as a token of appreciation.

PARTICIPANT CONFIDENTIALITY

This survey is generated using SurveyMonkey software. Their privacy policies and secure data storage methods can be found online at http://help.surveymonkey.com/app/answ...

REFUSAL TO SIGN CONSENT

You are not required to verify this consent form and you may refuse to do so without affecting your right to participate in any programs or events of Austin Peay State University or any services you are receiving or may receive from Austin Peay State University.

CANCELLING THIS CONSENT

You may withdraw your consent to participate in this study at any time. If you choose to withdraw from the study before data collection is completed, any collected data will be destroyed and not used.

QUESTIONS ABOUT PARTICIPATION

If you have any questions about the procedures, you may direct them to the principal investigator, Mandy Mullinix. My email address is MandyMullinix@Hotmail.com. You may also contact my academic advisor, Dr. Frank Parcells, at ParcellsF@APSU.edu

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand (pixieauthoress) Hi Mandy,

I've filled in your survey and hope that my answers will help your studies! I've never heard of anyone doing academic research into Amish fiction but your study sounds like it could be really interesting. I'm sure the other members of the group will also be happy to complete your survey. Please feel free to ask any questions that may be beneficial to your work!

Rachel

message 3: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Jones (kristynicole3712) I filled it out as well. Some in depth and thought-provoking questions...Good work! Thanks for posting :)

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments i filled it out too!

message 5: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I did it too!