I can stop any time . . . I promise, really. discussion

How often do you pick a book by cover art / title only?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lulu (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Lulu | 2 comments I can't help it - I'm often drawn in only by the title and/or cover art and I'll buy the book with just a cursory glance at the book jacket summary.

message 2: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt I am terrible about choosing a book by the cover! If there is a bad cover and/or title, it takes a strong recommendation for me to attempt the read. I hate how superficial that is, but I rationalize it by arguing that there are so many books to choose from, I have to discriminate somehow.

message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) i usually check out the cover/title first, then i read the back of the book, but it's always the cover that gets my attention. is that really bad?

message 4: by Bruno (new)

Bruno (Barvey) | 2 comments cover hooks me and than the description pulls me in

message 5: by Cami (new)

Cami (oneoftwocams) Hi everyone.
When I go to the library to choose books not already scheduled for reading on my to-read shelf, I'd say I'm sold by cover and/or title 85% of the time.
I'm a sucker for a great cover.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (majorbookworm14) | 2 comments Usually the title 55% of the time the rest is the cover but i always check on the summary to see if its any good.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginasp) | 3 comments I work in a library! How great is that? I am surrounded by books, and work with them daily, cataloging, ordering, and processing them. I am drawn to great covers, especially if they look interesting and attractive. I do however have to read what it is about, and do take that into consideration before reading it. They make those covers look good for a reason. Authors who put more thought and/or money into the cover art, are very wise. Covers do sell books!