Karen Chance Fans discussion

Music

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mai (last edited Oct 29, 2010 11:50AM) (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) So I tried this on the KC forums but it didn't get a huge lot of response. Seeing as they're now gone *sob* I thought I'd try again:

What songs do you associate with the books? The Cassie Series and the Dory Series? What kinds of music do you think the characters listen to? Do you have a song which you feel perfectly sums up a book/scene/character/plot? You don't have to post a link, but it would be nice.

I'll start. I think Driving Nails by Demon Hunter is perfect for Pritkin. Try to ignore that the vid is Supernatural fan vid, I prefer this slightly altered version to the actual version. Just listen to the lyrics. I also love that the band's called Demon Hunter.
Ich Will by Rammstein is a good song for vampires in general. It's basically about manipulation and how the media make big criminals into celebrities, but I think the unashamed will to dominate and manipulate expressed in it is very characteristic. There's an English translation in the video description.

message 2: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments I always associate songs and albums to different books probably because I listen to music as I read, like Paramore's 'Brand New Eyes' reminds me of the Vampire Academy series.
I'll have to listen to the songs you've listed and try to find the perfect songs to characters and books!! :)

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments I originally thought "The Show Must Go On" by Queen for Mircea but now I am thinking "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top. For the Cassie/Mircea thing "Love will tear us apart" by Joy Division (preferably the remake by Moonspell. For Casanova I would say "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. Pritkin is a tough one either "Never Gonna Stop Me" by Rob Zombie or "More Human Than Human" by White Zombie. Cassie Got "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett but I am thinking that works better for Dory now. So for Cassie I'm thinking Bif Naked's version of "We're not Gonna Take it" by Twisted Sister. And Pritkin/Cassie again Bif Naked "Lucky".

message 4: by Mai (last edited Oct 30, 2010 12:21PM) (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I'm going to look all those up now! Goodie me! Bad Rep is definitely better for Dory although Cassie's beginning to lean that way.

message 5: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Hmmm. I like your Pritkin songs! How about this song for Cassie:
How Strange by Emilie Autumn

message 6: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments I've always associated Pink's So What with Dory. The attitude. And the slower part in between (for either LC or Mircea)...

message 7: by Kat (last edited Jun 29, 2011 07:16AM) (new)

Kat | 237 comments Hey, I found this song and I think it would work well for Pritkin

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments I know it's it has little correlation to it but whenever there is a scene with Pritkin like the changing room or the car incident, this songAdore Adore by Yoav pops into my head. I don't know but he is so slow and gentle when in everything else...he's not.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments @Valerie it works

message 10: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Jul 03, 2011 11:20AM) (new)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments I was driving and dug up some old music I had. It's really old 80's stuff but personally I think Mircea could agree with this one concerning Cassie being difficult. So...Walking in my shoes by Depeche Mode...and I'm team Pritkin by the way.

message 11: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Jul 03, 2011 11:24AM) (new)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments How about World in my eyes for Pritkin...he is well travelled and maybe someday he can take Cassie to the highest mountain and to the depth of the deepest seas (The Cure remake)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments When Cassie (view spoiler), I seem to like this one: Home, again an old 80's song.

message 13: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Hey Kat, I love your song. Now I have another weird musical choice to torment my dad with :D