UK Book Club discussion

Almost Monthly Books > Ideas for November 2010 group read?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3510 comments Mod
Just noticed it's November next week. Any thoughts for a group read for next month?

How about suggestions by end of next week (Fri 5th Nov) and then we'll poll?

message 2: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3510 comments Mod
Just looked at my 'To Read' list. How about On the Road by Jack Kerouac?

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Liz wrote: "Just looked at my 'To Read' list. How about On the Road by Jack Kerouac?

[bookcover:On the Road|70401

One of my favourite books. So, I second that choose and nominate on the road.

message 5: by Em (new)

Em (emmap) | 2929 comments Liz wrote: "Just looked at my 'To Read' list. How about On the Road by Jack Kerouac?

On the Road by Jack Kerouac"

It's on my "To read" list as well - only been meaning to read it for about the last 20 years!

message 6: by Karin (new)

Karin I have A 'Christmas Carol and other Christmas Writings' by Charles Dickens on my list.
Maybe something for November/December?

Karin

message 7: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3510 comments Mod
Em wrote: "Liz wrote: "Just looked at my 'To Read' list. How about On the Road by Jack Kerouac?

On the Road by Jack Kerouac"

It's on my "To read" list as well - only been meaning to read if for about the last 20 years..."

Exactly, it's one of those books that I always meant to read, but somehow have never got around to!

message 8: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3510 comments Mod
Karin wrote: "I have A 'Christmas Carol and other Christmas Writings' by Charles Dickens on my list.
Maybe something for November/December?

Karin"

Very festive, great suggestion!

message 9: by Lynne - The Book Squirrel (last edited Nov 03, 2010 02:41AM) (new)

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3625 comments If we go down the festive route there is The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. Or The Naughtiest Angel.

message 11: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3510 comments Mod
Lynne wrote: "If we go down the festive route there is The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. Or The Naughtiest Angel."

Keep 'em coming!

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) | 3625 comments Charles Dickens Christmas Books - just found this in a local charity shop.

message 13: by Liz, Moderator (new)

Liz | 3510 comments Mod
The poll for November's group read has now closed and On the Road won by a narrow margin of 2 votes. Must get down to the library for my copy...

toria (vikz writes) (victoriavikzwrites) Liz wrote: "The poll for November's group read has now closed and On the Road won by a narrow margin of 2 votes. Must get down to the library for my copy..."

Hooray :)