Leto's book club discussion

The book choices need more variety.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Oct 28, 2010 05:33PM) (new)

Joseph (joejoe8151) | 7 comments Don't read this the wrong way, Ive read all the books on the list (besides Crippen, hence the reason I chose it) and they're all awesome books, but I feel they need a bit more variety in genre. Seems to me like most of them were all the same: A mystery is presented in which a character(s) is witness to, partakes in, or causes an event that causes said character or other characters to hunt for clues and try and solve the riddle of the event (ex. a murder, a mysterious family suddenly moving into a house, discovering something extraordinary about themselves, etc.). I simply would like to suggest that someone maybe go back over the choices and consider some new ones with new genres (Romance, Sci-Fi, Historical Fiction, Action, etc.) that, hopefully, don't blend together into a big blob of similarities. Again, not hating the choices just criticizing- no that sounds to strong more like...noting- the lack of variety. Thanks for reading. :)

message 2: by Mayara (new)

Mayara | 2 comments Lol its okay , we need criticism to better our club . (: And you're right , we do need more variety , but remember , its just our first assignment , we do have more for the next months , just be patient . And a lot of the books Isabella chose for you to read , was from the answers people gave us in our first club meeting .
Anyways , I would love it if you talked to me and Isabella about what books you would like to read , and make as many suggestions as you want , that would be a great amount of help . Thank you Joseph . (:

message 3: by Leto (new)

Leto Bookclub (letobookclub) | 20 comments Mod
I agree with you but this was our first official meeting and we didnt have an exact number of people for the club, since many people payed dues at last minute and many people didnt have a goodreads. Now that everyone knows "how it works" Its gonna be easier to pick books that everyone enjoys.

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph (joejoe8151) | 7 comments Yeah I guess I didn't really take into consideration that it was our first official meeting *facepalm*. I guess Ill just have to look forward to the next batch o' books. :D