Gigi's Company discussion

Gigi's Company Archives > December 2010 Books of the Month Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
Please post your nominees for December 2010 Books of the Month on this thread. Please limit your nominations to two books per member.

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 166 comments AGH! Already? Where did this year go? I'll have to think about this one!

message 3: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
Tell me about it! I can't believe that Halloween is on Sunday and November starts Monday. I'm still trying to figure out what I did for half of this year, LOL!

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (bookniblet) | 41 comments Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1) by Jeff Lindsay (1st book in series) by Jeff Lindsay

This is the one I should have put in last month, but had the wrong book
I'll edit in the second one once I figure it out.

message 5: by Enjee (new)

Enjee I recommend the Cassie Palmer books by Karen Chance, so I will start with the first in the series as the recommendation for December:
Touch the Dark

message 6: by Kathleen (last edited Nov 16, 2010 05:15PM) (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
My nominees our Books of the Month for December 2010 are as follows:

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

I love Debbie Macomber's Christmas books. They are all heartwarming and wonderful. Reading them gives me the perfect feeling for the perfect Christmas (puns always intended)! Click on title for a summary :)

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

Another Christmas charmer. Great reviews from another author whose stories can tug at your heart strings. Click on title for a summary :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Reading!!!

message 7: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 166 comments I'm going to nominate Virgin River by Robyn Carr.

***Wanted: Midwife/nurse practitioner in Virgin River, population six hundred. Make a difference against the backdrop of towering California redwoods and crystal-clear rivers. Rent-free cabin included.

When the recently widowed Melinda Monroe sees this ad she quickly decides that the remote mountain town of Virgin River might be the perfect place to escape her heartache, and to reenergize the nursing career she loves. But her high hopes are dashed within an hour of arriving: the cabin is a dump, the roads are treacherous and the local doctor wants nothing to do with her. Realizing she's made a huge mistake, Mel decides to leave town the following morning.

But a tiny baby, abandoned on a front porch, changes her plans…and a former marine cements them into place.

Melinda Monroe may have come to Virgin River looking for escape, but instead she finds her home.***

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginrobi) | 3325 comments Mod
Holy smokes! I forgot to nominate!

Here are mine:

Edge of Sight (The Guardian Angelinos, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire Edge of Sight (The Guardian Angelinos, #1) by Roxanne St. Claire

The killer she can't escape . . .
The heartbreak she can't forget . . .
The one man who can stop them both.

When Samantha Fairchild witnesses a murder in the wine cellar of the restaurant where she works, the Harvard-bound law student becomes the next target of a professional assassin. Desperate for protection the authorities won't provide, Sam seeks help from Vivi Angelino, an investigative reporter who recruits her brother, Zach, to protect Samantha. A Special Forces vet with the scars to prove he's equally fearless and flawed, Zach takes the job, despite the fact that he and Sam once shared a lusty interlude that ended when he left for war and disappeared from her life. Now, as they crack a conspiracy that leads to Boston's darkest corners, Sam and Zach must face their fears, desires, and doubts, before a hired killer gets a second shot...

- And -

Dashing Through the Snow by Mary Higgins Clark Dashing Through the Snow by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark

From beloved mother-daughter duo Mary Higgins Clark, America's Queen of Suspense, and Carol Higgins Clark, author of the hugely popular Regan Reilly mystery series, comes Dashing Through the Snow, a holiday treat you won't want to miss.

In the picturesque village of Branscombe, New Hampshire, the townsfolk are all pitching in to prepare for the first (and many hope annual) Festival of Joy. The night before the festival begins, a group of employees at the local market learn that they have won $160 million in the lottery. One of their co-workers, Duncan, decided at the last minute, on the advice of a pair of crooks masquerading as financial advisers, not to play. Then he goes missing. A second winning lottery ticket was purchased in the next town, but the winner hasn't come forward. Could Duncan have secretly bought it?

The Clarks' endearing heroes — Alvirah Meehan, the amateur sleuth, and private investigator Regan Reilly — have arrived in Branscombe for the festival. They are just the people to find out what is amiss. As they dig beneath the surface, they find that life in Branscombe is not as tranquil as it appears. So much for an old-fashioned weekend in the country. This fast-paced holiday caper will keep you dashing through the pages!

**I contacted Mary Higgins Clark. Although Regan Reilly is a series that Mary writes, I've been assured that this novel most definitely can be read as a stand-alone.**