Sweeping Sagas discussion

Individual Books > Knightshill Saga Emma Drummond

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 478 comments Mod
Anyone familiar with these? Plus she's got some others set in the far east as well. Library has this trilogy

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/e...

message 2: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments Never heard of them.

message 3: by Misfit (new)

EC mentioned them over at HFO. Looks like some might be set in Australia.

message 4: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments There's at least one set in India as well *perks up*

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) No I havent..but Im going check them out ...

message 6: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments My library only has one of her books, which is The Savage Sky and looks from the cover to be set in WWII which is right up my alley as well.

message 7: by Misfit (new)

And I hear of one set in the Crimean War and we see the charge of the light brigade. As I said, library has the trilogy plus 3-4 others of hers. I may have to overloot myself :)

message 8: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments I am contemplating borrowing the one that my library has.

message 9: by Misfit (new)

Marg wrote: "I am contemplating borrowing the one that my library has."

Do it. Do it. Do it. I am curious and seriously tempted to loot them all just to get the jacket blurbs up here at GR. Although that would be a waste of county time just for that...

message 10: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments They wouldn't know, and you could send them back pretty quickly if you don't intend to read it!

message 11: by Misfit (new)

Marg wrote: "They wouldn't know, and you could send them back pretty quickly if you don't intend to read it!"

I know, but I feel so guilty wasting resources. They'd have to drag them out of what they call *Central Storage*, ship them to my branch, etc.

message 12: by Misfit (last edited Oct 28, 2010 09:51AM) (new)

I've decided to try these,

Forget the Glory (Crimean War)

Beyond All Frontiers (India/Russia as in The Far Pavilions)

Scarlet Shadows (Constantinople and I think Russia)

message 13: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments Will be interested to hear how they are. I requested The Savage Sky.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Found Bridge of a Hundred Dragons on bookmooch....set in China.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Misfit wrote: "I've decided to try these,

Forget the Glory (Crimean War)

Beyond All Frontiers (India/Russia as in The Far Pavilions)

Scarlet Shadows (Constant..."

Let me know when you start Scarlet Shadows....I ordered it off of PBS.

message 16: by Misfit (new)

Michele wrote: "Found Bridge of a Hundred Dragons on bookmooch....set in China."

Don't you just love these exotic locations? Boer War, China, Crimea. Woohoo.

Will do on Scarlet Shadows. I tried searching Worldcat for libraries with that one and there don't seem to be any in the US.

message 17: by Marg (new)

Marg (margreads) | 128 comments I just searched for Scarlet Shadows as well and it doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the state here either.