Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > So...what do I read now?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth (lizbethreads) | 33 comments I feel like I've set the bar high for myself. I've read the Cassie Palmer books, the Dorina Basarab books, the Fever series, Chicagoland books and the Aisling Grey books. All within the past couple months.

After reading those amazing books everything I've tried to get in to after seems to fall flat. I need help! Please rec me something that can live up to those awesome books. I feel like I've head a literary dead end when I know I must be just at the tip of the iceberg.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole
Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward
Night Huntress series by Jeanienne Frost

message 3: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth (lizbethreads) | 33 comments I've already started looking into the Night huntress series. It does seem like a good fit.

I really tried Immortals After Dark but I just couldn't get in to them.

Thank you so much!

message 4: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Night Huntress series is awesome!!!
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 71 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "Night Huntress series is awesome!!!
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost [bookcover:Destined for an Early Grave|560..."

I so need to get this series started. I have so many books to read but with taking a course I just have no time and it frustrates me! lol

message 6: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments It's my favorite, but once you start it's really hard to put down.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Rico (meesh119) | 2 comments I completely agree with Andrea. This series is addictive. I can't wait for the next in the series coming in Febuary!

message 8: by Akaria (last edited Oct 27, 2010 09:51AM) (new)

Akaria Gale | 101 comments Seems like you're more a UF fan than PNR. Have you tried Patricia Briggs? Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs is the first book in her Mercy Thompson series.

For something a little sexier I'm a big fan of the Demonica series by Larissa Ione. Hot romance with good action. Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione is the first book.

message 9: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead
as well as
PSY/Changling series by Nalini Singh
both series were awesome!!

message 10: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 76 comments Since you seem to like UF, you could try:

Kate Daniels--Ilona Andrews
Downside Ghosts--Stacia Kane

message 11: by Akaria (new)

Akaria Gale | 101 comments Oooh, Deanne you just reminded me of Singh's angel series. Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh is the first book.

message 12: by Crystalmarie (new)

Crystalmarie (CrystalsNovels) Charliane Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series is above all of the other series i have read, i seem to do the same thing.....i have bought many series and cannot continue with them.
For instance i started "Halfway to The Grave", and yes it was good, and yes it kept me on my toes.....but i never bought the second book - :-/ needless to say i too have set the standard to high.

message 13: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments Akaria wrote: "Oooh, Deanne you just reminded me of Singh's angel series. Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh is the first book."

Freaking awsesome series!!!!

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments I've enjoyed all of Richell Mead's books. I just recently read Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead and Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead both were excellent, they are UF.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (imahoodieninja) | 170 comments Yes definitely try The mercy Thompson novels my Patricia Briggs as Akaria said.

message 16: by new_user (last edited Oct 27, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

new_user | 1389 comments Severus, based on your favorites, I think you would really like the Kate Daniels books. Here's the series in order:

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Jackson (melaniejaxn) | 18 comments Great recommendations. A couple other authors to try Stacia Cane's Downside Ghosts Unholy Ghosts and Lilith St Crow's Working for the Devil.

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments I completely agree with the night huntress series! I just finished them and Im anxiously awaiting the next one! Black Dagger Brotherhood is another one of my favorites. Im going through major BDB withdrawals right now!

message 19: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 76 comments Agreed on the Lilith Saintcrow series.