Fly Fish Literati discussion

Fly Fish Writing > Writers and Ebooks

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randy (new)

Randy | 34 comments I once looked down a bit at ebooks. But now I believe they are a blessing from a writer's standpoint. They put us in close contact with our audience. I was, therefore, able to use the feedback I received - from many people instead of just one or two - and revise my book. Print books are set in stone. Maybe the way to go is to publish an ebook first, then revise and publish the print version.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you worry though, as an author, that judgments made about the "draft" ebook, could adversely affect the way a later "final" print version will be received?

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy | 34 comments Yes. I don't, however, see a perfect solution. I think to get a book reviewed a writer still needs a print book. Also, I'm not sure how easy it will or won't be to get feedback from an ebook, as most people still don't have ereaders.

message 4: by Marc (new)

Marc A. | 3 comments I think your idea of releasing the first edition in electronic format is a good one. And people don't necessarily need an e-reader. For example, you can download an e-reader application to your computer or smartphone.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Marc wrote: "I think your idea of releasing the first edition in electronic format is a good one. And people don't necessarily need an e-reader. For example, you can download an e-reader application to your com..."

I read ebooks on my ipod touch all the time. It works pretty well - not as big a screen as a kindle or such, but very usable.