Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Does having a sister make you happier?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (last edited Oct 27, 2010 05:51AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Does having a sister make you happier? The NY Times wants to know:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/26/hea...

I have a sister. She's ok. We don't have many deep chats or anything. And sometimes she's a pain in the ass about holidays. What do you think?

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (kristicasey) I love having a sister. With my psycho mom? Sheesh, I need her!

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments No, I talk to my sister once a year, we have nothing in common and no desire to communicate with each other.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i am much older than my sister (14 yrs) so i really was not around her much growing up (i hit the road when i was 17) but i still think she makes me happy. she is VERY funny in a funny family

i know my sons would say that their sister makes them very happy

message 5: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) my sister's dogs make me happy. :)

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments No, my sister doesn't make me happy. I kind of wish I was an only child. But I love my niece - that's my sister's contribution to my life.

message 7: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I have sister-in-laws...and I love all but one...she's meaner than a barracuda on blood laced crack!

message 8: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6032 comments I'd gladly take a bullet for my wife, kids OR my sister, despite her tugging my parents' sleeves toward this ad from one of my Creem magazines, resulting in a rather-uncomfortable dinner-table pow-wow about my sexual preferences and affection for the herb, the grape, the grain, and the hops.

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments And how did you answer those questions, Clark?

message 10: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6032 comments I told them I didn't bat for the other team and that I once split a beer with Terry.

message 11: by Jan (new)

Jan | 241 comments Absolutely. My sister is my best friend.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24363 comments Mod
Having siblings makes me happier. I have three and I know I would have been much lonelier with even two, or one, or none. Still, I'm a pretty private person and I don't discuss "my emotions" with my sisters. If I do discuss them, it's with close friends. But there's something about having a big nuclear family, for me, that is irreplaceable. Close friends can't replace it. It's just qualitatively different.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I have three sisters. Not speaking to them makes me happy.