Book Haven discussion

Kindle > Free Ebooks for Kindle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
1857647 If you find an ebook available through Amazon (other than classics), please let us all know the title so that we can search for it and get the free book! :)

message 2: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P The Outlander by Diana Gabaldon Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon is free right now on Amazon.

message 3: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 452 comments I subscribe to this blog and get daily e-mails about free e-books for my Kindle, but it also shows free e-books for other devices such as the Nook and Sony ereader.
http://blog.booksontheknob.org/

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Jackie M wrote: "I subscribe to this blog and get daily e-mails about free e-books for my Kindle, but it also shows free e-books for other devices such as the Nook and Sony ereader.
http://blog.booksontheknob.org/"

Thanks for sharing this Jackie! I found a few through this site that I didn't know where free.

message 5: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresa61) | 1 comments I have a kindle and if you go to amazon.com under kindle area and put in the author Mary Jane Holmes she has lots of books that are free. This author was born in 1853 so they are in that time period of before the Civil War and after. I love these books I couldnt believe they are free. If you like historical novels with some romance in them you should like these free Books.

Also, I have a droid phone and all I did was download the Kindle app on that and if i don't have my Kindle with me but I do have my phone, I can continue to read the book that was on my kindle. It loads up to the last page that you read on either one. Hope this will help some of you looking for some good free books.

message 6: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathycr) Joy wrote: "1857647 If you find an ebook available through Amazon (other than classics), please let us all know the title so that we can search for it and get the free book! :)"

Joy wrote: "1857647 If you find an ebook available through Amazon (other than classics), please let us all know the title so that we can search for it and get the free book! :)"

Joy wrote: "1857647 If you find an ebook available through Amazon (other than classics), please let us all know the title so that we can search for it and get the free book! :)"

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cathycr) I just received Sister Carrie from Amazon.com The Kindle version is free.

message 8: by Joan (new)

Joan (jessie_40) | 2 comments Medicus A novel of the Roman Empire is free again on Amazon

message 9: by Grace (new)

Grace | 8 comments Would you call Phantom of the Opera a classic? I've also got Grimm's fairy stories.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (babs88) | 6 comments My favorite find (and I think only available for our Kindles): "Two Presidential Mistresses-Political Passion Has Its Price." I had so much fun with this e-book and couldn't wait to learn more about these amazing Suffragettes, that I then searched for some Edith Wharton and read "The Bunner Sisters."
p.s. both titles are under $2.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (babs88) | 6 comments Books on the Knob. Blog about free Kindle Books. Here are two titles that were just posted today (3/6/11) The Immigrants and Best little stories from the civil war.

message 12: by Helen (new)

Helen Does anyone know why some classics are 75p instead of free? I thought they would all be free due to the copyright being out of date.

message 13: by Elvia (new)

Elvia (elvb) I found Dead Girl Walking on amazon just recently for free. It was a good read!

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex Sinclair Spore by Ian Woodhead - This is on the kindle free 100. I downloaded a few the other day, but I read this in one sitting. Really good, but kind of dark. The Silver Ring is the one I am going to try out next. I will post if it is any good, but I also downloaded Dracula and Tresure Island from the free kindle books.

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne | 9 comments There are two sites I've signed up with to get their daily email notifier about free and bargain ebooks. http://bargainereader.com/ and http://bargainebookhunter.com/. I have a Kindle, but they also list free and bargain Nook books and Kobo books (there are links on the right-hand side to see those options). It seems to me that books don't stay free for very long, so getting the daily email notifier is really nice. I can grab the books I want before the prices change.

Dragonflydreamer68 Hey all, I dont have an e-reader yet, but I came across this and thought I would post it for those of you who do and might wanna nab it..

http://www.amazon.com/Frost-Moon-eboo...

In an alternate Atlanta where magic is practiced openly, where witches sip coffee at local cafes, shapeshifters party at urban clubs, vampires rule the southern night like gangsters, and mysterious creatures command dark caverns beneath the city, Dakota Frost's talents are coveted by all. She's the best magical tattooist in the southeast, a Skindancer, able to bring her amazing tats to life. When a serial killer begins stalking Atlanta's tattooed elite, the police and the Feds seek Dakota's help. Can she find the killer on the dark fringe of the city's Edgeworld? Among its powerful outcasts and tortured loners, what kind of enemies and allies will she attract? Will they see her as an invader, as a seducer, as an unexpected champion ... or as delicious prey? FROST MOON is Book One of the SKINDANCER fantasy series by debut author Anthony Francis. Filled with unforgettable characters, spine-tingling action, kinky rebellion and edgy love, FROST MOON is classic storytelling at its best, and Dakota Frost is an irresistible new star of fantasy fiction. Anthony Francis is a computer scientist who works at the 'Search Engine That Starts With A G'. By day he studies human and other minds to design intelligent machines and emotional robots; by night he writes fiction and draws comic books. He received his Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence from Georgia Tech. He lives in San Jose with his wife and cats but his heart will always belong in Atlanta.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Amazon has two books listed for free for a limited time they are : The Call (The Magnificent Twelve, #1) by Michael Grant , which has been listed for a few weeks already and Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen which was listed early today and is a free pre-order.
Both come with bonus content

message 18: by Cincity (last edited Aug 27, 2011 03:15AM) (new)

Cincity | 2 comments Can I suggest A Cold day For Murder which is free at the moment (I am not the author or connected with the book in any way). I am a kindle fan!

EDIT: Sorry, new here - that is a UK Amazon link - are most of you in the USA?

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Cincity wrote: "Can I suggest A Cold day For Murder which is free at the moment (I am not the author or connected with the book in any way). I am a kindle fan!

EDIT: Sorry, new here - that is a UK Amazon link -..."

99 cents for US link

message 20: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 344 comments Personaly I think everyone should read a good dose of the classics. The only one I can think of I haven't read is War & Peace. I love Dickens, Melville, Conrad. Heart of Darkness.

message 21: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Winn (mjwinn) | 4 comments Hi! I'm sorry if this isn't allowed. I'm new to this group. And I'm a new author. My small -- tiny,actually -- press publisher has allowed me to give away 100 free Amazon gift certificates for my Kindle eBooks. The only problem is, nobody seems to want one. If you do, here is the link:
http://www.jandaypublishing.com/eBook...
I guess you should click the link or copy/paste or whatever. Of course, it's limited to the first 100 readers to respond. (Or they'd go broke.) If you do read one of my books, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Thx!

message 22: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Ach M.J -if only I had a Kindle I'd take you up on that :(

message 23: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Winn (mjwinn) | 4 comments Hey, Hayley. Thx. Do you have any reader? Nook? Sony?

message 24: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) Sony pocket eReader - so use ePub on it :)

message 25: by M.J. (new)

M.J. Winn (mjwinn) | 4 comments Hayley, let me know if u want a free ePub book for your Sony.

message 26: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 344 comments If anyone finds a free Vampire Ebook thats any good let us all know. Not likely but you never know. : )

message 27: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Bunches and bunches of cookbooks on the top 100 free for Kindle this weekend.

message 29: by John (new)

John Allen (johnpaulallen) | 33 comments My publisher changed the cost of House Guest to FREE, which was should have been done nine months ago. It's been so for Nook books since April. Since the change on Christmas it's been downloaded a little over 1200 times - cool. This is horror and again it is free so check it out ... and feel free to leave a comment. :)

http://www.amazon.com/House-Guest-ebo...

message 30: by Shirley (new)

Shirley McLain (shirleymclain) | 80 comments I am giving aaway ten e-books for amazon reviews. It is a mystery called "The Tower." If your interested please email me at shirley_mclain@yahoo.com. You may also go to my web page and look under published books to read about it.

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 08, 2012 08:54PM) (new)

My Kindle ebook is now free on Amazon from 1-8 to 1-12-2012. Thanks so much and Best Wishes, MG

USA: http://www.amazon.com/LightMasters-Nu...

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LightMasters-...

If you don’t own a KINDLE or eBook Reader, you can download Amazon Kindle for your PC in USA here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html...

message 32: by Tahanya (new)

Tahanya | 6 comments Thanks for all the suggestions!

message 33: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Chough | 49 comments It's free! I'm offering the Kindle Edition of my book Brave Fish: Identity, Love, Faith for free for the next few days. Here's an excerpt:

I talk to R. on the phone almost every day, and I still I get nervous every time I dial the phone. I sense that her folks don´t like it much when I call, but who cares? We haven´t talked about us lately, though, and I never did ask her about the kiss. I'm afraid because I might have imagined it. We still have never been on an official date. She holds such power over me. Any kind comment, any smile, a little nudge, any type of attention at all from her brings me pure joy. Meanwhile a scowl, glare, or biting remark can crush me completely.

I'm even getting used to not eating. I just practice, train, run, jump rope and eat dry salad. Simple. It seemed so far away and impossible before. Now, it is a point down the highway that I know I will reach. A scheduled stop definitively located on my map. R., wrestling, and school – nothing else complicates my content life. My physical hunger is satisfied by the nourishment of her attentions. Although I want our relationship to be so much more, I submerge myself in the thrill of anticipation. I roll around in it. Anything seems possible now, and perhaps R. is coming around finally.

Maybe she's even starting to love me.

Brave Fish Identity, Love, Faith by Vincent H. Chough

Enjoy!

message 34: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Le Blanc (raymondleblanc) Hi there!

I'm giving away my recently released kindle edition "Autism & Asperger's Syndrome in Layman's Terms" for 48hrs. http://www.amazon.com/Autism-Asperger...

Free promotion of my book Autism & Asperger's Syndrome will end at approximately 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on 27 january 2012

Take care,

Raymond

message 35: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1184 comments Thank you, Raymond. I've purchased it.

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan Anderson (susanrussoanderson) | 2 comments Dear Indie Authors,

If you are promoting your book and would like a review, please let me know.

I love to review the following fiction genres: mysteries, thrillers, historical, women's, and literary.

My reviews are free. I post them on Goodreads, Amazon, and on my new site called writingsleuth.

Thanks,

Susan Russo Anderson

message 37: by Joe (new)

Joe (skinsjoe) | 100 comments A great website to get free Kindle books is Pixel of Ink. I have probably acquired 50 free books from Pixel of ink over the past few months that I have been using it. They can email you or you can like them on Facebook and watch for their posts. Here is their website.

http://www.pixelofink.com/category/fr...

message 38: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) Thanks Joe! Just found 3 free books that I did not see earlier. My kindle is happy.

message 39: by Joe (new)

Joe (skinsjoe) | 100 comments You're welcome.

message 40: by Susan (new)

Susan Anderson (susanrussoanderson) | 2 comments Hello All,

My book is free on Mon & Tues Feb 13 & 14, it's called Death of a Serpent (A Serafina Florio Mystery) and you can download it here:
http://amzn.to/zwjYIT

message 41: by Karen (last edited Mar 06, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Karen Luellen (karenluellen) | 5 comments I'm humbled to offer you the first book in my Winter's Saga free starting tonight at midnight on Amazon's Kindle. Book #2 is already published and out there, and *gnawing lip anxiously* Book #3 is nearly ready for launch!

Come meet the Winter children...

Created for evil.
Raised to protect
Searching for truth.

Happy Reading,
Karen

http://www.amazon.com/Winters-Awakeni...
Winter's Awakening The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1) by Karen Luellen

message 42: by Allan (new)

Allan Leverone (goodreadscomallan_leverone) | 6 comments Hey, I just wanted to pass along word that my new supernatural suspense thriller, Paskagankee, is FREE at Amazon for the Kindle today and tomorrow, March 10 and 11. Anyone interested should grab it now!

Paskagankee by Allan Leverone

message 43: by Paul (new)

Paul Scott | 10 comments 'Alesya in Wonderland' Free on Kindle until Monday 26th March. Short story and an enjoyable yarn and flying out there rapidly now...

message 44: by Claude (new)

Claude Dancourt (claudedancourt) | 32 comments This friday (March 30th) and saturday (31th), discover Second Chances ebook for free on Amazon...

Maya and Arthur's worlds collide. Who knows what will happen to the soft-hearted woman and the desilusional man?

message 45: by Al (new)

Al | 52 comments May 1812

Several Book Haven folks have set me on to Georgette Heyer's Regency romances (she invented them), and I've had a great time going through them.
I just discovered this book, which is free, which is as good or even better--a compelling romance within the precise historical context of the Napoleonic era. I haven't finished it yet, but I can't imagine it won't end as well as it has begun. It's wonderfully fun.

message 46: by Ian (new)

Ian Loome (lhthomson) | 18 comments Two of my books are free right now on Smashwords.com, which includes Kindle (.mobi) format:

Buried in Benidorm by L.H. Thomson
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

and

Abigail Deane and the Demon's Gate by L.H. Thomson
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Cheers and enjoy!

message 47: by Nancy from NJ (new)

Katz Nancy from NJ (nancyk18) Since I am a former secondary teacher I had to download this book. I look forward to what I expect will be a roller coaster ride of a book. Thanks.

message 48: by Paul (last edited Apr 10, 2012 04:49AM) (new)

Paul Scott | 10 comments Well, 'The Pocket Book of Neanderthal Vociferation' is now getting near to the end of the free promotional download period with mixed results and mixed reviews. 821 copies gone - with two bad reviews so far saying that it is boring and a waste of time and money (and not to buy it).
So I hope that 'Thrift' fares better for you. According to one reviewer (fortunately not said of my book) "the good thing about self publishing is that anyone can do it, but the bad thing about self publishing is that anyone can do it". The same can be said of reviews on Amazon: anyone can do it as long as they can type.
I'm not bitter about it, or going to reply to the comments made as that becomes childish and rather petulant, but I have taken on board the constructive criticism where it was given.
It may well not be everyone's cup of Earl Grey, but it has been read by more people than I ever dreamed possible, and ultimately, having people read your work is what we strive for, isn't it?
Books are like music in that what floats one boat scuppers another, and someone out there likes what I've scribbled, and for a short time it made it into the free downloads chart for the US and the UK. Should I have doen it differently? Should I have done it at all? Should I be crestfallen at the criticism or elated at the silence of others?
The problem, I suppose, is that it deals with subject matter that is irrelevant to most readers.
The seventies and eighties in South Yorkshire are hardly a rivetting read for anyone not from that region or growing up there.
Still, I'll continue to take it all stoically on the chin and anyone who has downloaded it and read it can let me know what they ultimately thought of it all, how it could have been improved and if it really was a waste of time setting it all down.
If, however, they enjoy it, then I'm happy and welcome any rebuttals to the nay sayers.
Offer ends on Wednesday.

message 49: by Karen (new)

Karen Luellen (karenluellen) | 5 comments I'm happy and humbled to offer you the first book in my Winter's Saga free on Amazon's Kindle now through tomorrow at midnight (4/12/12).

The third book in the series was just published, so now would be an great time to come meet the Winter children...

Created for evil.
Raised to protect
Searching for truth.

Happy Reading,
Karen
Winter's Awakening The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1) by Karen Luellen

http://www.amazon.com/Winters-Awakeni...

message 50: by Mike (new)

Mike Meyer | 43 comments THE FAMOUS UNION is free today, Thursday, April 12.

IT IS A ROLLICKING ROMP THROUGH THE HALLS OF ACADEMIA
Do you like to laugh? Then take a look at what happens in this timely, entertaining read when inept governmental leaders create theater-of-the-absurd conditions in a once very proud institution of higher learning. Hampered by severe budgetary problems, the powers-that-be at Famous Union College create situations that bring about comical chaos for faculty and students alike. How will the often eccentric characters cope with the drastic changes suddenly thrust upon them, where compromise is a four-letter word? Come visit Famous Union College, a microcosm of today's society at large, where what is what is not.

"College life as we never knew it. The plot is quick and will entertain at every turn." - Albert Robbins III, FREE BOOK REVIEWS

"The Famous Union is a comedy romp through the halls of academic insanity - and presents a school whose motto is 'just wait until next year.' Readers - especially those familiar with academic ironies - will find it filled with fun!" - MBR BOOKWATCH

"The characters are all interesting and well developed - and many would be great study cases for a psych major." - HAMPTON REVIEWS

http://www.amazon.com/The-Famous-Unio...

« previous 1