The Vampire Diaries discussion

Debate Square > DEBATE: The Book VS The Show

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 1453 comments Mod
Everyone like debates every once and a while...however let's keep in mind that NOT EVERYONE shares the same opinion.

Rules:

1) Respect people! this is very important.

2) Swearing not allowed...no need to swear.

3) You won't get kicked out of the group for voicing your opinions. You will get three warnings first.

4) Have fun :)

message 2: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Vampire Diaries (TV)

* Mystic Falls
* Stefan and Damon are 145 year old vampires
* Elena has a brother Jeremy
* Bonnie is African American and her last name is Bennett
* Matt last name is donovan and he has a sister Vicki
* Caroline is a blonde
* Caroline has a mom. But her parents are divorced and her father is homosexual.
* Elena is a Brunette
* Elena and Jeremy have an Aunt Jenna
* Stefan and Damon are American
* Alric Saltzman had a wife name Isobel
* Elena is adopted
* Damon is more violent
* Tyler is a Lockwood and not a werewolf YET (but has the genes to be come one)
* Isobel is Elena's biological mom and a relative of Katherine

Vampire Diaries ( Book)

* Fell's Church
* Elena is Blonde
* Elena has a little sister Margaret
* Elena and Margaret have their aunt Judith and her boyfriend Robert
* The Stronger the Vampire the harder it is for them to cross running water.
* Bonnie is celtic with red hair and her last name is McCullough
* Matt is an only child and his last name is Honeycutt
* Meredith Sulez is friends with Caroline, Bonnie, Elena.
* Caroline Forbes has Auburn hair and green eyes
* Caroline's Family is complete with mom, father and a younger brother.
* Tyler is a Smallwood and a werewolf.

I know there is more but for now...if anyone has anything to contribute before we start the debate...please do.

message 3: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Oct 26, 2010 08:07PM) (new)

Which do you like better the book or the series?

Do you like how the characters are arranged in either book or the series?

Don't like something about the book?

Don't like something about the show?

Don't enjoy the plot of the book but like the show or vice versa?

Hate a character's attitude or just don't like that character?

Take an opportunity to vent....it is all allowed in this thread. ( but keep in mind the simple rules as always!)

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 16 comments I think I like the show better. The small details don't matter much to me. I did enjoy reading the first couple of books but after that just found them too boring.

I do sometimes find Elena's character a bit annoying. It reminds me of Sookie in True Blood. Seems like she is always arguing with Stefan and everyone has to tell her everything and do everything she says or else she runs away and sulks.

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 175 comments Mod
Ellena does bother me a lot of times in the book but I also think her reaction was really real. I mean in Twilight Bella acted like being a Vampire was totally normal but the book had real reactions. I liked the show too, they guy who plays Ian is really good but I think Damon is more evil in the book.

message 6: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (last edited Oct 27, 2010 08:38PM) (new)

Really, you think Damon is more evil in the book?

@ SandraM - Did you finish the first three books? or only the first two books and did not read the return series?

Yeah, in the show, he's well...really in love with Katherian. In the book, it was like he only wanted her because of Stefan and he was playing her when it really was her playing them.

message 8: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 16 comments Graziella wrote: "Really, you think Damon is more evil in the book?

@ SandraM - Did you finish the first three books? or only the first two books and did not read the return series?"

I tried to read the return series. Skimmed through the first one and didn't bother finishing the second one.

message 9: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Isabεℓℓα ღ wrote: "Yeah, in the show, he's well...really in love with Katherian. In the book, it was like he only wanted her because of Stefan and he was playing her when it really was her playing them."

But I thought in the book that maybe he did like katherine as well. That's is what I understand...but again that is from wikipedia...I don't think it even goes back into Damon's story of what happened with Katherine.

@SandraM I see. I it is hard to get into the return book because of the fact that it kind of starts off weird. I would know...but after the initial part...it is not too bad.

Except for the weird stuff that happens to Caroline. don't want to go there ...lol

message 10: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

I still think I like the books better then the show. Just because in the book the characters are true to who they are...and there is no missing characters. Also the storyline is quite different....so I tend to treat them as two separate forms all together...

The show is good, Damon is good (lol), but sometimes I feel that I don't want to watch it anymore. I'm not sure if anyone else experiences these feelings? maybe it is only me.

message 11: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments I wish I could vote. I really do. But I have to read the books before I could vote. :)

message 12: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

It's okay Alethea...School is more important now...VD books will always be there. :)

I have to start studying italian soon. @_@ large task...at least I know the basics...

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 44 comments "But I thought in the book that maybe he did like katherine as well. That's is what I understand...but again that is from wikipedia...I don't think it even goes back into Damon's story of what happened with Katherine"

He did liked katherine in the beginning .... But then he tells her to go to hell lol!!

Nd book and shows are totally different! I like both of them but I view them as totally different things otherwise I have a tendency to scream at the tv "this didn't happen in the book" or "that's not how it happened" lol! =P

My friend and i were laughing our heads off about that! We kept just saying it over and over and our friends would ask why we were asking them to go to hell. LOL I think that's how it went anyway.

I was so surprised Damon was effected when Ellena died, the first time I mean.

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 44 comments Lol that's what I like about guys with a lot of issues... They don't get too lovey covey type... But still care bout u! Lol
Nd I wasn't surprise I mean Damon did care bout her a lot!

Damon and Stefan, Ellena needs to pick!

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 44 comments I wud pick Damon lol

Honey, the way this is going, I think she is too. Damon is just getting to attached to her and she is too.

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 44 comments yay!! i hate seeing damon all sad! :P

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 16 comments What does everyone think about Bonnie? Some ppl thought it might be her and Damon, but after the last episode I'm starting to wonder if Bonnie and Jeremy might start something. Any thoughts?

The show, isn't my thing but I'm going to watch that episode just to take a sneek peek about what's going on.

message 24: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Fariha wrote: ""He did liked katherine in the beginning .... But then he tells her to go to hell lol!!

Nd book and shows are totally different! I like both of them but I view them as totally different things otherwise I have a tendency to scream at the tv "this didn't happen in the book" or "that's not how it happened" lol! =P "

I honestly think that was the best part in the book. I was like thinking he was going to side with her until he said that to her. I was like sweet...lol

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ wrote: "I was so surprised Damon was effected when Ellena died, the first time I mean."

Oh I know, Elena really effected him. I was surprised in this change in him as well.

@ SandraM

You know after the last episode i was thinking the same thing. It might be Bonnie and Jeremy. that could be together as a couple..more then Damon and Bonnie. I think for Bonnie to fall all over Damon might take a while..

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 44 comments lol in the tv show bonnie made it pretty clear that she wants to kill damon!! lol tho its gona be soo gross if jeremy and bonnie started dating!

message 26: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sandram1967) | 16 comments Graziella wrote: "Fariha wrote: ""He did liked katherine in the beginning .... But then he tells her to go to hell lol!!

Nd book and shows are totally different! I like both of them but I view them as totally diffe..."

I can't imagine Bonnie and Damon together with the way she hates vampires. I don't think Bonnie and Jeremy together is too bad. Although I do kind of think Bonnie is a bit of a bitch. lol

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 44 comments i can imagine bonnie and damon being 2gthr in buks..

message 28: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

SandraM wrote: "I can't imagine Bonnie and Damon together with the way she hates vampires. I don't think Bonnie and Jeremy together is too bad. Although I do kind of think Bonnie is a bit of a bitch. lol "

LOL...sadly it is kind of true.

Fariha wrote: "i can imagine bonnie and damon being 2gthr in buks.."

they could be...i suppose...we will see...

message 29: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

BONNIE AND JEREMY??? opinions guys???

I mean they are not that much older right. Also this is something that is not debatable in the book unfortunately...

message 30: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments I like the book more but the series are okay too and I like the one who played Damon. He's really a good actor though it would be nice if they followed the book. ^^

Bonnie and Jeremy? hmm. they could be..

message 31: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Hi! and welcome! lols....

Yes the book is more....how do i say....I'm not really sure i know what i want to use to describe it.

We will see...Bonnie seems to like him by the looks of it.

That's true, couples in shows just go to one person to another

message 33: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

it is the unfortunate truth....

message 34: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments I agree. And I think Caroline likes Tyler too. though I can't be so sure...

message 35: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Now I'm not too sure if she likes him...its more of she feels sorry for him. lol

they come to an understanding about secret keeping.

message 36: by Andrhea Paltao (new)

Andrhea Paltao | 177 comments True. And I really like Matt to be with Caroline. They looked cute together. Though Matt is human.. and Tyler has a connection with Caroline...

That one things happens to be they are supernatural and that before that they were both kind of...a little of a jerk.

message 38: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Yes, supernatural...

I have a possible theory of what could happen...

Katherine wants a werewolf so they can kill the originals...and so she can protect her ancestor Elena..for unknown reasons, maybe she doesn't want Elena to end up like her?? who knows.

The originals are after the moonstone to break the seal which will release the limitations set on them and the limitations set on the werewolves. (possibly there are more werewolves out there...) I might be off on this one though...not sure why they would want to do that unless they know for sure the werewolves are all gone. Since a werewolf can kill a vampire with a bite.

Klaus must have some kind of world domination idea?? the reason they want the curse lifted is still under question again here...

I'll have to think about that one a little though...lol

message 39: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments i prefer the Show to the books.
anyone else want Delena to happen?? i do!!

message 40: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Rebecca wrote: "i prefer the Show to the books.
anyone else want Delena to happen?? i do!!"

I would so want delena to happen!!!

I think Katherian would kill Ellena in a minute.

message 42: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Come on el! lol....

What if Katherine had a plan....to turn Elena into a vampire??? Just to spite those elder vampires....?

Graziella wrote: "Come on el! lol....

What if Katherine had a plan....to turn Elena into a vampire??? Just to spite those elder vampires....?"

Or to use Ellena for her own plans. So that Ellena would be indebt to her and have to do something that would hurt Damon or Stefan.

message 45: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ wrote: "Graziella wrote: "Come on el! lol....

What if Katherine had a plan....to turn Elena into a vampire??? Just to spite those elder vampires....?"

Or to use Ellena for her own plans. So that Elle..."

Yup Isabella. I agree. If it's a win for her then she'll do it. And she is all about games. Hurting Stefan and Damon would only delight her. Ugh! Damon has to kill her. :D

message 46: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

lol....I think he would proably would. Stefan would be the one to hestiate...but then again...who knows...lol

message 47: by Alethea (new)

Alethea Rivera (alethearivera) | 219 comments i know huh. :)

message 48: by Graziella, Mrs.Bourne (new)

Yeah that isn't fair to stefan is it? lol...he did show his evil vampire self when he first turned into a vampire by katherine. I think it would be refreshing to see him lose control again...however...he probably won't right?

message 49: by Mikhaila (new)

Mikhaila | 5 comments The books are good but I show I definitely perfere the show. They've taken L.J. Smiths vampire diaries world and made it more complicated and changed things mostly for the better.

I don'y think Damon is going to kill Katherine or if he does he will be different. Did you see the look on his face when he put Katherian in the tomb?

« previous 1 3