Rama Revealed (Rama, #4) Rama Revealed discussion

This is a fantastic series

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan I highly recommend the Rama Series.

message 2: by Rob (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rob I felt the first two, possibly three books were good, very well written. I was disappointed in the end of the series, especially the very last book. It was almost as if Asmiov was getting senile as he was writing the last part of the series. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Asimov fan but was very disappointed in how this series wrapped up.

Richard agreed, book 1 was great and i think could have remained a stand alone - the sequels really smacked of money grubbing though were a good read - the final one was a squib though

Zulfiya Rob wrote: "I felt the first two, possibly three books were good, very well written. I was disappointed in the end of the series, especially the very last book. It was almost as if Asmiov was getting senile ..."

Rob, do you mean Clarke?

message 5: by Rob (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rob Zulfiya wrote: "Rob wrote: "I felt the first two, possibly three books were good, very well written. I was disappointed in the end of the series, especially the very last book. It was almost as if Asmiov was get..."

Yeah....Clarke. I must be going senile too. :) I had just finished posting a comment about I,Robot, so I had Asimov on the brain. :)

Gerd Like with some other authors it felt to me as if Clarke tried in his last days to find some kind of peace agreement with God.

But then again maybe that was the Gentry Lee part of the novel.

Pickle I loved the series and in particular the last book but its a been a while since ive read them so might have a re-read.

message 8: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Long As a kid growing up in the 70's my mother signed me up for a book club knowing my fondness for science-fiction. "Rendezvous with Rama" was one of those books and I remember enjoying it immensely. As I grew older, graduated high school, joined the military and got married my reading times grew limited. When I got divorced and picked up reading again I realized that a sequel had been written so I eagerly went out and got the original and the sequel and read them both in less than a week. Loved these books and have probably read all of them 2 or 3 times at this point.

Richard Cubitt Loved the entire series. Well worth investing the time to read them. I did hear that David Fincher has a film adaptation of 'Rendezvous' on his to do list. If he ever gets round to making it, I'll be the first in the queue.

message 10: by Rob (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rob Richard wrote: "Loved the entire series. Well worth investing the time to read them. I did hear that David Fincher has a film adaptation of 'Rendezvous' on his to do list. If he ever gets round to making it, I'll..."

I just saw something about that on the website called Giant Frickin Robot. It could be interesting.

As far as the series goes, I really enjoed the first 3 books and then it seemed like I was watching a train wreck just to see how it ended.

message 11: by Jon (new) - rated it 1 star

Jon Norimann I agree with the first comment that the Rama series is great. However this last book of the series is so poor its almost unreadable. Rather than SF it reads more like an old western with intimate descriptions of how the whites kill the indians. The whole book is redundant and should not be read by anyone except very loyal fans who feel reading the whole Rama series is a must.