SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Retired Topics > Harry Potter Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 318 (318 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Lu (last edited Nov 11, 2010 02:45AM) (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Photobucket

Step 1:

Please say you want to join and I will assign you to a house. As teams are now sort of even I have to do this.

Step 2:

Post in this thread which house your are in, the website gives a handy html. Also post your list of 20 tasks, which you can plan in the same post and tick off there!

Step 3:

Each house will have members I hope lol
Each time you complete a challenge let me know in this thread and give me a update of points (also say which house)

Then at the end we can see which house wins
So basically this is a TEAM effort

BE HONEST! (I'm watching you)

Tasks:

* Reading a Harry Potter book earns you 20 house points.

The Characters: (each gives you 10 house points)

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero
2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die
7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it
8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it

The Classes: (each gives you 10 house points)

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on thecover

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc.

15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover

Other: (each gives you 10 house points)

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school

18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc.

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc.

This will last for a year

From 1 November 2010 - 31st October 2011

message 2: by Lu (last edited Nov 28, 2011 03:36AM) (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Houses

Slytherin
Members:

Lauren S - 200
Crusader - 200
Kahlan - 300
Barbara - 340
Craig - 0

Gryffindor
Members:

Lauren F - 200
Loraine - 120
Mark - 30
Mariana - 0
Emma - 160
Orhedea - 0

Hufflepuff
Members:

Lu - 230
Diane - 180
Sarah S (US) - 10
Niecole - 180
Charl - 0
Kat - 120

Ravenclaw
Members:

Monique - 0
Sonette - 120
Sarah (Durbs) - 220
Varsha - 0
Nadine - 0
Naz - 340
LazyGirl - 120

message 3: by Lu (last edited May 02, 2011 09:47AM) (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
I have been sorted and I am....

WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

Harry Potters:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero Logic of Demons
2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair Firelight
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine Last Sacrifice
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives My heart, his soul
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric Teen Angst? Naaah . . . A Quasi-autobiography
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die 23. Infinite Days
7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it Inkheart
8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it - Dead and Gone
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf Stray
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it Ordinary Angels
11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis
12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories
13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover I Am Number Four
14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black
16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins
17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school Pretty Little Liars
18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal
19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen - train
20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc. Witches Abroad

230 Points

Mark

Finished:

message 4: by Lauren (last edited Apr 22, 2011 01:15PM) (new)

Lauren Smith WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Slytherin!

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero - Ilium by Dan Simmons. Loads of classic Greek heroes.

2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair - Black Unicorn by Tanith Lee

3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine - Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives - Nekropolis by Tim Waggoner. The fact that I can list this book here is really gross.

5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric - Angel of Death by J. Robert King

6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters dies - Geek Love by Katherine Dunn

7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it - The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it - Deadlands by Lily Herne

9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf - Ye Gods! by Tom Holt

10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it - Spares by Michael Marshall Smith

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover - Flash Forward by Robert J.Sawyer

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover - Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover - Fandom of the Operator by Robert Rankin

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. - Lion's Honey by David Grossman

15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover - Pyramids by Terry Pratchett

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat - After Dark by Haruki Murakami

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school - Servant of the Underworld by Aliette de Bodard

18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal - Deathstalker by Simon R. Green

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover. - The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc. - Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod

I'm
a Gryffindor!

Ha ha Lu thought I was going to be a Slytherin! Being a conscientious Harry Potter objector im not quite sure but I think that might be an insult. But this sounds fun considering it doesn’t really involve Harry Potter ;D

message 6: by Crusader (last edited Nov 02, 2010 12:19PM) (new)

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2453 comments Mod
If something coincides with the sci-fi challenge I'll use it. That's going to be my major focus for the year,

I'm
a Slytherin!

message 7: by Monique (last edited Nov 13, 2010 09:05AM) (new)

Monique (moniqueurbanisedgeek) WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Ravenclaw!

:D
1. Harry - Read a book about a hero (Unwind- Neal Schusterman)
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine (Well of Ascension- Brandon Sanderson)
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives(Savannah Grey- Cliff McNish)
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric (A Scanner Darkly- Philip K. Dick)
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die (Boy in Striped Pijamas)
8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it (Tempted- PC Cast)
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf (Shiver- Maggie Stiefvater)
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it (Evermore- Alyson Noel)
11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover (I am Number Four- Pittacus Lore)
12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on thecover (Blue Moon- Alyson Noel)
14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. (Beautiful Creatures- Kami Garcia)
15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover
16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat (Warriors: Power of Three 1 - Erin Hunter)
17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school (Ghostgirl)
19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc.
20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc. (Jinx- Meg Cabot)

message 8: by Claudia (last edited Feb 18, 2011 12:24PM) (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Slytherin!

Ooh, Slytherin is gonna come in last :P

1. Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth, #2) by Terry Goodkind 2. Exhibit A by Sarah Lotz 3. Dreaming the Eagle (Boudica, #1) by Manda Scott 4. Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind 5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff 6. Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1) by Rebecca Maizel 7. Blood of the Fold (Sword of Truth Series #3) by Terry Goodkind 8. Secret Vampire (Night World, #1) by L.J. Smith 9. Changeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail Carriger
10. The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade 11. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood 12. Possession by A.S. Byatt 13. I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore 14. Angel (Angel Trilogy, #1) by L.A. Weatherly 18. Unseen Academicals (Discworld, #37) by Terry Pratchett 16. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare 19. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
20. A Nameless Witch by A. Lee Martinez 15. Elfland by Freda Warrington 17. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann

Harry Potter Books Read
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling

Total Points : 300

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane V-R (dianev-r) | 174 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Hufflepuff!

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 02, 2010 05:24AM) (new)

Oh, lookie! :)

I'm
a Gryffindor!

2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair The Set-up
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives Gate Deadlock
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die PS, I Love You
7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it Shadows
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf Need
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it - Taking 1960
11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover
14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc.
15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover Faerie Wars
16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat
17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school The Lightning Thief
20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc.Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

message 11: by Varsha (last edited Oct 28, 2010 04:48AM) (new)

Varsha WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Ravenclaw!

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero- Q&A
2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair- Anybody out there
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine- Lisey's story
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives- The Choice
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric- Desperation
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die- My sisters keeper
7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it- Needful Things
8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it- The Alchemyst
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf-
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it-the lovely bones

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover- four past midnight

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat- Scaredy Cat

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school- Gossip Girl- Beacuse i'm worth it

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc.- from a buick 8

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc.-

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (sarahsetar) | 47 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Ravenclaw!

I'm a RAVENCLAW :)

message 13: by Sonette (last edited Jan 10, 2011 09:48AM) (new)

Sonette | 384 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Ravenclaw!

Haha! Seems like I'm in good company!

1.Harry - Read a book about a hero - The Lost Hero
2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair - Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine - Last Sacrifice
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives - Halo
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric - Ghost Town
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die - Beautiful Creatures
7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it - Once a Witch
8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it - Prophecy of the Sisters
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf - The Lost Saint
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it - Night Star
11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover -
12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover - Phoenix
13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover - 1st to Die
14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. - Guardian of the Gate
15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover - Pegasus
16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat - Demonglass
17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school - Summer
18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind - The Hunger Games
19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc -
20. Read a book about magic - Enchantments

120 points

message 14: by Mark (last edited Nov 06, 2010 07:12AM) (new)

Mark | 1 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Gryffindor!

4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric Someone Comes to Town Someone Leaves
17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school

message 15: by Mariana (new)

Mariana | 1 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Gryffindor!

message 16: by Sarah (last edited Aug 19, 2011 04:05PM) (new)

Sarah (wondrousreadings) WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Hufflepuff!

I'm Hufflepuff!
I tried to get into Slytherin, I'm not evil enough for that though. C:

1. Harry- Read a book about a hero-

2. Ron- Read a book about a character that has red hair- Firelight: Sophie Jordan

3. Hermione- read a book about a heroine-

4. Ginny- Read a book about someone finding their soul mate/love of their lives- Halo: Alexandra Adornetto

5. Luna- Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric-

6. Dumbledore- Read a book where one of your favourite characters die- Beautiful Creatures: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

7. Voldemort- Read a book about a villain or has one in it-

8. Fred + George- Read a book about twins or has twins in it- Prophecy of the Sisters: Michelle Zink

9. Lupin- Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf- Shadow of the Moon: Rachel Hawthorne

10. Moaning Myrtle- Read a book about or has ghosts in it- The Splendor Falls: Rosemary Clement-Moore

11. Astronomy- read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover- Across the Universe: Beth Revis

12. Herbology- read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover- Spells: Aprilynne Pike

13. Arithmancy- read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover- 13 to Life: Shannon Delany

14. Divination- read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc.- The Vespertine: Saundra Mitchell

15. Care of Magical Creatures- read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover- Pegasus: Robin McKinley

16. Crookshanks- Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat- Hex Hall: Rachel Hawkins

17. Hogwarts- Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school- The Education of Bet: Lauren Baratz-Logsted

18. Tri-wizard Cup- Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind-

19. Broomstick- Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc- Tris and Izzie: Mette Ivie Harrison

20. Read a book about magic- Once a Witch: Carolyn MacCullough

message 17: by Barbara (last edited Apr 22, 2011 11:11PM) (new)

Barbara | 4434 comments Mod
I'm a Slytherin:

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover

200/200

Harry Potter Books
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

140/140

Grand Total 340/340

COMPLETED

message 18: by Craig (new)

Craig Smith (theredstone) | 23 comments WIDTH="88" HEIGHT="130" ALT="Want to Get Sorted?">

I'm
a Ravenclaw!

Another Ravenclaw. Taking part in NaNoWriMo this year so it might take me a while before I start reading something for the challenge. Sounds like a lot of fun though :).

message 19: by Nadine (new)

Nadine | 5 comments IMG SRC="http://sorting-hat.com/linklogo/sorth..."

I'm
a Ravenclaw!

Do the tasks have to be books that we havent yet read? If I've read Harry Potter, do I need to read one again to claim the points?
What about short stories?

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 27, 2011 10:24PM) (new)

I'm
a Hufflepuff!

Whoop whoop I'm with Lu!!!!!!!

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero - The Lost Hero

2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair - The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn (Elizabeth has red hair)

3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine - The Van Alen Legacy

5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric - The Girl who played with fire

7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it - The Stranger Beside me

8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it - Prophecy of the sisters

9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf - Firelight

10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it - Evermore

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover - Betrayed (House of Night #2)

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover - Blur

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover - 1984

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. - Breaking Dawn

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat - Hex Hall

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school - Marked (House of Night #1)

18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal - The Hunger Games

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc. - The Alchemist (Has a horse on the cover :))

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc. - Howl's moving castle

150/200

message 21: by Crusader (last edited Jan 17, 2011 11:13AM) (new)

So guess who gets more points! *Evil laugh*

5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric - Oryx and Crake
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die - Men at Arms
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it - Solitary Man

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on thecover Ashes to Ashes

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover - 1984

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. - Nemesis

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat - The Windup Girl

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school - Ender's Game

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc. - Old Man's War

Harry Potter Books - 20 bonus points
1-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Score: 200 (180 + 20)

message 22: by Lauren (Sugar & Snark) (last edited Nov 25, 2010 06:50AM) (new)

Lauren (Sugar & Snark) | 1262 comments Mod

I'm
a Gryffindor!

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero- Seduce me in shadow by Shayla Black
Seduce Me in Shadow (Doomsday Brethren, #2) by Shayla Black
2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair- Full moon rising
Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur

3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine- A touch of Dead
A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives- Deep Kiss of Winter
Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #5) by Kresley Cole

5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric- Stolen: A letter to My Captor
Stolen by Lucy Christopher

6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die- Gone
Gone (Dream Catcher, #3) by Lisa McMann

7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it- Crescendo
Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it- The prophecy of the siters
[image error]

9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf- Bitten
Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it-Reunion by Meg Cabot
Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover-Time and Again
Time and Again (Time Travel #1 & 2) by Nora Roberts

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on thecover- The body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover- The Secret Diary of Adian Mole 13 3/4
The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc.-My heart, his soul by Loraine Lotter

My heart, his soul (Heart and soul) by Loraine Lotter

15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover- Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead

Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4) by Richelle Mead

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat-Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead
Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school- Torment Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal- The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc.- Tempt Me with Darkness

Tempt Me with Darkness (Doomsday Brethren, #1) by Shayla Black (If you do not believe me try zooming in on the cover on my book there is a car between his arm and his body.)

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc.-Once a witch by Carolyn MacCullough
Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough

200/200 POINTS

message 23: by Emma (last edited Nov 11, 2010 08:22AM) (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Can you add me to the challenge. Thanks

I'm
a Gryffindor!

MY LIST (Will edit as I go along)

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero -Enders game
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine - Catching Fire

1/20

message 24: by Naz (last edited Jul 08, 2011 01:44AM) (new)

Naz (nazz) | 615 comments Read:Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero Mistborn: The Final Empire

2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair The Hero of Ages

3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine The Girl Who Played with Fire

4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their
soul mate / love of their lives - The Alchemist

5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentricThe Accidental Sorcerer

6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die - The Book of Lost Things

7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it The Horse and His Boy

9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf The Well of Ascension

10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it The Alchemyst

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover Dawn

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on thecover The Tenant of Wildfell Hall

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover Three Cups of Tea One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc. The Innocent Mage

15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover The Magician's Nephew

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat -The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school - I Am Number Four

18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal A Game of Thrones

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc. Assassin's Apprentice

COMPLETED :)

message 25: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (claudiavstoomanybooks) | 1779 comments Also finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling

message 26: by Kat (last edited Mar 07, 2011 05:38AM) (new)

Kat I'm in Hufflepuff...

My (tentative) list:

The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien
Entangled by Cat Clarke
Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund (check!)
Matched by Ally Condie (check)
5. Luna - Read a book with a character that’s a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric
Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll (sequel to Alice in Wonderland)
The Last Olympian, by Rick Riordan (check!)
Dracula, My Love: The Secret Journals of Mina Harker, by Syrie James
Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it
Identical by Ellen Hopkins (check)
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Picture the Dead by Adele Griffin and Lisa Brown
(check)

The Classes:

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover (check --Across the Universe by Beth Revis)
12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on the cover
Tender Morsels by Margo Lanagan (check)
I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz (check)
Pegasus by Robin McKinley (check!)
Other:
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (check!)
Burned by PC and Kristin Cast (check)
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (check)
Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld (check!)
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (check)

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  (sarahsetar) | 47 comments Hi guys! Apologies to all the Ravenclaw members for pulling a disappearing act. I was busy with exams and then my internet capping reached its limit. However, I come bearing points. Not much, but its a start:)I've even sorted out most of my list. So,yay!

1. Harry - Read a book about a hero(The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson #1)- Rick Riordan)
2. Ron - Read a book about a character that has red hair(Firelight by Sophie Jordan)
3. Hermione - read a book about a heroine (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins)
4. Ginny - Read a book about someone finding their soul mate / love of their lives(Lover Eternal(BDB#2)-JR Ward)
5. Luna - Read a book with a character thats a bit loony/mad/crazy/eccentric(No! I don’t want to join a book club! By Virginia Ironside)
6. Dumbledore - Read a book where one of your favourite characters die(P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern)
7. Voldemort - Read a book about a villain or has one in it(Wizard’s First Rule (Sword of Truth #1) by Terry Goodkind)
8. Fred + George - Read a book about twins or has twins in it(Lover Awakened (BDB#3)-JR Ward)
9. Lupin - Read a book about a shape shifter or a werewolf(Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater)
10. Moaning Myrtle - Read a book about or has ghosts in it(Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

11. Astronomy - read any sci-fi, or a book with stars/moon/planets etc on the cover(Blue Moon by Alyson Noel)

12. Herbology - read any book that has some type of plant/herb/tree on thecover(From My Sisters’ Lips by Naima B. Robert)

13. Arithmancy - read any book that has a number in its title or on its cover(4th of July by James Patterson)

14. Divination - read any book about psychics or someone with psychic abilities, or some form of telling the future, orb reading, prophecies etc.(Dead To The World by Charlaine Harris)

15. Care of Magical Creatures - read any book that has a magical creature in the title or has them on the cover(The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson)

16. Crookshanks - Read a book that has a cat in it, on the cover or the main character owns a cat(Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins)

17. Hogwarts - Read a book that takes place mostly at a school or has a main character in a school(Stargazer by Claudia Gray OR Percy Jackson#2 by Rick Riordan)

18. Tri-wizard Cup - Read a book where a character wins a competition/sport of some kind. Gets a trophy/medal(Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins)

19. Broomstick - Read a book that has some sort of transportation device on the cover, car, broom, air balloon etc.(Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks)

20. Read a book about magic, witches, wizards etc.(Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman)

Harry Potter book for 20 points: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows.

message 28: by Lu (last edited Dec 08, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Thank you Crusader!

EVERYONE PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR TOTAL HOUSE POINTS UP UNTIL NOW

When I have everyone's I will delete all previous posts so that these posts are first and we start "fresh"

Lauren S - 140
Crusader - 140
Kahlan - 180
Barbara - 90
Craig
Lauren F - 200
Loraine - 120
Mark - 30
Mariana
Emma
Lu - 70
Diane - 30
Sarah S (US)
Niecole - 90
Charl
Kat - 20
Monique
Sonette - 80
Sarah (Durbs) - 40
Varsha
Nadine
Naz - 170

message 29: by Crusader (new)

Finished no 20

Total 140

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Finished no.3
Total: 140

message 31: by Naz (new)

message 32: by Diane (new)

Diane V-R (dianev-r) | 174 comments Finished no.2.
Total 30 (Hufflepuff)

message 33: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Updated

message 34: by Crusader (new)

Shame. Looks like Slytherin needs to go find some competition elsewhere... >B)

message 35: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Lol or more people need to give their scores :)

message 36: by Crusader (new)

Nah, I prefer my version! ;)

message 37: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Hufflepuff will eventually win, you just wait and see :P

message 38: by Crusader (new)

Yes, it's not as if having an extra member is a disadvantage...

message 39: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Slow and steady wins the race?

By the way, how do you win? Is it finishing first or getting the most points?

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished nr 9... 80 points plus 20 for a HP

message 41: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
Lol the team with the most points at the end :P
Its more just for fun and about being a team :)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

What are the team scores so far Lu?

message 43: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
First post :)

Just you to update still tho

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh hahaha didnt see it (glasses on)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, this weekend I'll make it my mission to read HP books... and do my challenge lol :)

message 46: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12658 comments Mod
You have a year so don't worry too much :) (Its just slytherin that are overachievers!)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

hehe and Lauren F... maybe she should start the challenge again and be in Hufflepuff :)

message 48: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Slytherin prefers the term 'awesome'.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL

message 50: by Crusader (new)

Hear, hear Lauren! Or at the very least LE-GEN- wait for it, DARY!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7